PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Sale Married!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Japanfan
06-22-2012, 09:29 AM
How many middle aged women find husbands who are not in failing marriages or in the process of divorce? Married men are about all the good ones left by her age.

I agree that 35 five is hardly middle aged.

But to answer your question, lots. Many middle-aged men and women are single and have been divorced, but are not in the process. In my experience there a ton of middle-aged women are are single/celibate for years. What is more accurate to say is that most middle-aged people have emotional baggage from past relationships.

And nor do I think it is true that married men are about all the 'good one's' left at 35, Jamie's age. She can easily date a man of 30, given that she's really attractive.

I will say that my MIL dated only widowers after divorcing her husbands. She just didn't trust men her own age and it proved to be a wise decision.

paskatefan
06-22-2012, 10:17 AM
Congrats to Jamie & Craig! :)

Zemgirl
06-22-2012, 11:31 AM
How many middle aged women find husbands who are not in failing marriages or in the process of divorce? Married men are about all the good ones left by her age.
Are you serious? 35 is not middle aged. Not even close. And there are good guys over the age of 30 who aren't married - single, divorced and widowed. But based on this logic: how many good ones were left when she was 21?

On a more positive note, Jesse seems like a cute kid, and I have to admit that Jamie looks really good.

FunnyBut
06-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Congrats to Jamie and hubby. She now joins Kristi and Maria B in the 'I Married a Hockey Player' club.

Today we married our best friend?

Er, okay. :lol:

Off topic, but I think I found Prancer on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3yMEdRqP_s

my little pony
06-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Married men are about all the good ones left by her age.

i would say that a married guy who wants to date is not a good one

Andora
06-22-2012, 02:10 PM
What I find most interesting is he looks a lot like David. She definitely has a type:lol:

:rofl: Or not.

People do what they do. They live their lives doing the best they can. Life's messy. None of us are perfect. Sometimes we can get better at it with practice. Sometimes not. Shrug.

I hate the, "No one is perfect" excuse that comes out when things "get messy." It just screams avoiding responsibility for bad decisions.

I wouldn't ever judge people who get divorced. Marriages end all the time for all kinds of reasons. But that's two marriages that have ended after Jamie came into the picture, and I think that's at least suspect if not worse. That said, the men (Craig, David) in these cases are much more to blame than Jamie is.

kylet3
06-22-2012, 02:18 PM
There are 17 comments under the Edmonton Journal article
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Figure+skater+Jamie+Sale+marries+former+Oiler+Crai g+Simpson/6819535/story.html

Seven have been removed because they contained comments that were deemed inappropriate, and 2 have been removed as they were from posters blocked by the journal, and one is under review. Guess the knives are out.

People do what they do. They live their lives doing the best they can. Life's messy. None of us are perfect. Sometimes we can get better at it with practice. Sometimes not. Shrug.

ETA: I hope Jamie and Craig are very happy together. I know it took me two tries to get it right, and my husband as well. And I hope all the children involved get all the love and attention they need and deserve inspite of, and/or because of, the actions of all their various parents.

I wouldn't put too much stock into those comments on the Edmonton Journal, a lot of insane crazies with too much time on that board hang out on there along with the right-wing crazies so it's no wonder that most of the comments have been removed.

So that WAS Craig Simpson that my mom ran into with Jamie at a mall here in town. :sekret: She was shopping with my sister one day and said that she ran into Jamie with Jesse and another man but was trying to act a bit conspicuous, she noticed that she was with another guy but that it wasn't David. She doesn't know of Simpson all that well but it was definitely him! Hmm, I always thought they were together after BoTB but at that point it wasn't official. Well as long as they're happy together that's all that matters. I know David was still in Edmonton at one point, but I'm not sure if he's still here. Interesting.

Prancer
06-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Well as long as they're happy together that's all that matters.

Really? I don't agree with that at all. If they've left a lot of wreckage in their wake--and notice that I said "if" because I don't know that they have--then I think that matters, too.

That's not to say that I don't understand why it happens, but it seems to me that if your happiness comes at the expense of someone else's misery, that means something.

For all I know, everyone in this case is happier. It happens that way sometimes. But it is often the case that everyone is not.

alilou
06-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Though granted, I'm over 50 and shudder when I look back on some of the relationship decisions I made in my 20s and 30s.

Oh God me too! :cringe:

I hate the, "No one is perfect" excuse that comes out when things "get messy." It just screams avoiding responsibility for bad decisions.

I wouldn't ever judge people who get divorced. Marriages end all the time for all kinds of reasons. But that's two marriages that have ended after Jamie came into the picture, and I think that's at least suspect if not worse. That said, the men (Craig, David) in these cases are much more to blame than Jamie is.

I don't agree that Craig and David are much more to blame, but I do think they are equally to blame. If blame must be laid.

I think "no one is perfect" is not an excuse but a simple statement of how it is, of how people are. And it's exactly the reason life is messy. How simple it would be if we could all be reasonable, mature, caring, politically correct and open-hearted all the time. :lol:

I also think that for some people a broken heart can be eventually a really positive and empowering thing.

I also think that an unhappy marriage held together "for the sake of the children" can be just as damaging for the children as having the parents separate and find happiness elsewhere.

Like I said - life's messy. Human emotions are messy. And we're all doing the best we can.

snoopysnake
06-22-2012, 04:20 PM
New clause in contract for the next pairs skating "reality" show:

"Each member of the matched duos must agree to marry his or her show partner or else repay the show's producer the amount of the appearance fee for each year said members remain unmarried to each other..."

heckles
06-22-2012, 04:37 PM
i would say that a married guy who wants to date is not a good one

Oh c'mon, John Edwards is such a catch.

Seems like Jamie splits up marriages almost as well as she splits her left and right eyes.

Perky Shae Lynn
06-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Really? I don't agree with that at all. If they've left a lot of wreckage in their wake--and notice that I said "if" because I don't know that they have--then I think that matters, too.
Craig and Christine seemed perfectly happy at his golf charity event in 2009. The kids looked so happy. It was either right before the Blades started filming, or early on. When rumors of Jamie & Craig's flirting started circulating around the rink, everyone dismissed them - Craig and his wife seemed rock solid. Guess not.

When children are involved, it gets super-messy. I am a mother, my children adore their dad. They would be devastated if we split up, but much more so if it were due to a public affair.

Andora
06-22-2012, 05:15 PM
And we're all doing the best we can.

And I'd counter that I don't think we're all doing the best we can. I think sometimes (maybe a lot of times) we do our best to be happy, and that can come at the cost of others' happiness. To me, that's being selfish and not doing one's best, necessarily. I'd also hazard we've all been there in one way or another (myself included). :P

To be fair in this case, Prancer makes a good point in that we don't actually know how it all went down.

Scrufflet
06-22-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm with Alilou on this one. Let's wish them well. We don't know inside stories and it's not our business. I'm always surprised at the response Jamie gets.

puglover
06-22-2012, 05:36 PM
I certainly do not know the behind the scenes truth of what happened but I respect the fact that no one involved has played this out in the press with public attacks to garner support at the expense of the children involved. I have seen Jamie and David skate together several times since the announcement of their divorce and although there may not be the old chemistry, there certainly seemed to be a comfortable familiarity and they were awesome - really thrilling. I hope that bodes well for their ability to work together for the future of their son and I hope the same is true for the Simpson children.