PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Sale Married!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Blair
06-21-2012, 11:37 PM
You know, I was going to be politically correct on this one. But I just can't. What an amazing coincidence that both of Jamie's 'partners' divorced their wives within a year of meeting her.

Not looking to judge anyone here, but I think David was already rather..ahem..."uncommittal" before he met Jamie. I think it just says something about her taste in men.

kwanfan1818
06-21-2012, 11:40 PM
If they married their best friend, I just learned that polygamy is legal in Alberta. Who knew?

Alex Forrest
06-21-2012, 11:57 PM
You know, I was going to be politically correct on this one. But I just can't. What an amazing coincidence that both of Jamie's 'partners' divorced their wives within a year of meeting her.

I just got off the phone with a fellow old skatefan, and Sale came up and I said that she apparently just got married again. Her response immediately: "So whose husband did she steal this time?". Ouch.

nubka
06-22-2012, 12:04 AM
:rolleyes: Neither you or I know exactly what went on in either situation, so why bother to point this out?

Because this is FSU! :D

milanessa
06-22-2012, 12:09 AM
If they married their best friend, I just learned that polygamy is legal in Alberta. Who knew?

Those damned liberal Canadians! ;)

victorskid
06-22-2012, 02:18 AM
According to a Globe & Mail article, Craig's son, Dillon, has been drafted by the Edmonton Oilers.

See: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/craig-simpson-jamie-sale-marry-in-california/article4360586/

Habs
06-22-2012, 02:48 AM
According to a Globe & Mail article, Craig's son, Dillon, has been drafted by the Edmonton Oilers.

See: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/craig-simpson-jamie-sale-marry-in-california/article4360586/

Dillon was drafted by the Oilers last year. He was drafted in the same year as Kevin Lowe's son Keegan (went to Carolina, I believe) and former Oiler Frank Musil's son David (also went to the Oilers).

Parsley Sage
06-22-2012, 02:49 AM
Is it wrong that I wondered how soon before Jesse becomes a big brother?

TheIronLady
06-22-2012, 04:07 AM

How many middle aged women find husbands who are not in failing marriages or in the process of divorce? Married men are about all the good ones left by her age.

alilou
06-22-2012, 04:12 AM
There are 17 comments under the Edmonton Journal article
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Figure+skater+Jamie+Sale+marries+former+Oiler+Crai g+Simpson/6819535/story.html

Seven have been removed because they contained comments that were deemed inappropriate, and 2 have been removed as they were from posters blocked by the journal, and one is under review. Guess the knives are out.

People do what they do. They live their lives doing the best they can. Life's messy. None of us are perfect. Sometimes we can get better at it with practice. Sometimes not. Shrug.

ETA: I hope Jamie and Craig are very happy together. I know it took me two tries to get it right, and my husband as well. And I hope all the children involved get all the love and attention they need and deserve inspite of, and/or because of, the actions of all their various parents.

milanessa
06-22-2012, 04:43 AM
How many middle aged women find husbands who are not in failing marriages or in the process of divorce? Married men are about all the good ones left by her age.

So it's a free for all out there? :rofl:

DickButtonFan
06-22-2012, 05:03 AM
What I find most interesting is he looks a lot like David. She definitely has a type:lol:

Japanfan
06-22-2012, 07:03 AM
:rolleyes: Neither you or I know exactly what went on in either situation, so why bother to point this out?

It does seem kind of odd, especially if it happens twice. I suppose it happens all the time that marriages are on the brink of breaking down and one partner falls for another person, precipitating the end of the marriage.

It just seems really emotionally messy to me, especially if a person has children. I did date a few married men over the years, one who had left his wife (temporarily it turned out) but these were not situations where their leaving their wife was a possibility, nor did I want it to be.

Plus there's that rebound thing. Something I'd prefer to avoid.

Though granted, I'm over 50 and shudder when I look back on some of the relationship decisions I made in my 20s and 30s.

l'etoile
06-22-2012, 07:11 AM
What I find most interesting is he looks a lot like David. She definitely has a type:lol:

I totally thought that, too! So uncanny:rolleyes:

skoppa
06-22-2012, 07:26 AM

I just had to ask when 35 became middle age? (I am 35 and I do not feel middle age :rolleyes:)