PDA

View Full Version : Looking for hotel suggestions - NYC theatre district area?

Pages : 1 [2]

Tinami Amori
06-24-2012, 02:05 AM
I am hoping for some suggestions for where to stay in NYC- near the theatre district as we will be seeing 1-2 shows a day and I am also hoping to take some dance classes at the Broadway Dance Centre.

It is usually so hot when we are there - early August - that we like to be a hotel that is very near to most of the theatres. That way we can come back to the room in between without too much fuss!

We have stayed in a few different places and can book one of those again - but I would love some other suggestions to consider.

Thanks in advance!

Budget?..... there are over 300 hotels in central Manhattan.. can be from 100 to 10,000 USD per day...:D

Double room or single room?

zaphyre14
06-25-2012, 05:26 PM
I use Hotels.com now and take my chances. So far every place we've gotten has been excellent and - true to the advertising - we paid half the prive of the hotel's listed rates. The best we got was The Wyndham for $179 but we usually end up in the $200 range for a 4-star hotel. The worst place we got was a Holiday Inn Express where the walls were paper-thin, the rooms miniscule (as in barely enough room to stand on either side of the bed) and the staff rude.

Rob
06-25-2012, 08:50 PM
An article on affordable boutiques:
http://travel.nytimes.com/2010/06/20/travel/20hotels.html?pagewanted=all

Check on Groupon and Living Social. Living Social just had a great deal on the Sofitel in NYC, but I am afraid it is over.

JeffClair1979
06-28-2012, 03:20 PM
My aunt recently stayed at the Holiday Inn on 47th (I believe) between 9th and 10th and really liked it- it was affordable too! Close to Columbus Circle, so lots of subway options available too.

Another fav of mine, before I moved here, was the Roosevelt Hotel near Grand Central. It's not exactly in the Theater District, but it's close enough to walk to, and it's got some really nice old architectural charms- marble lobby, chandellier, etc.

PS- I've taken a few classes at BDC and they are AMAZING! You'll really enjoy it!

Enjoy your trip!