PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics: Who will win the WAG All Around at London 2012?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Scintillation
07-04-2012, 06:12 AM
That was me. :EVILLE:

I THOUGHT SO.

I doubt she'll make it in to the AA final too, but now I sort of want her to just so theres the possibility that she'll win.

judgejudy27
07-04-2012, 06:23 AM
Another thought on He Kexin, I would be more in agreement with them naming her to the team if she had a real shot at winning another bars gold if she hits in finals. However she doesnt IMO. Even if she hits with her current work her E score will be so much lower than Komova and Mustafina she still with lose even with her massive D score, unless both make a major error. She literally looked as labored and heavy on bars as say Jordyn Wieber these days, only differences being doing over a point more in difficulty and being more likely to fall.

I am not saying she wont be the one named, others have way more inside information on that than me, I just hope she isnt is all.

Domshabfan
07-04-2012, 06:34 AM
A routine with 7.4 D score is huge, and will be the highest D score in the world as things stand now. He Kexin is more than likely to score a 8.6 E score, so a 16.00 points + routine (for a hit routine), this will put pressure on both Russia and USA. On top of that she will be a strong contender for the UB title. That is a strong incentive to select her.

The selection will depend on the hit ratio for UB from He.

judgejudy27
07-04-2012, 06:51 AM
She didnt even get an 8.6 E score at her own Nationals for a hit routine and you think she will get that at the Olympics, LOL!

Domshabfan
07-04-2012, 07:02 AM
She didnt even get an 8.6 E score at her own Nationals for a hit routine and you think she will get that at the Olympics, LOL!

Well, not everyone over scores at the nationals, Chinese have one of the strictest judging systems in place. Also, Chinese athletes where scoring considerably higher at Zibo world cup (held in china) than at the chinese nationals, a week or two after the national championships. Even in the past chinese nationals score have been lower than at the world championships score(lesser end true for Japan as well).

jl
07-04-2012, 07:10 AM

No one cracked 9 at all at Chinese nationals for E-scores on anything. If anything, Chinese nationals is harsher than international competitions.

For eg, Sui Lu got a 7.95 E score for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP6a96lgOSY and I think E-scores have been higher internationally even if people fell off the beam.

This was He Kexin's routine at nationals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbBZ7HGmGK0 . I would suspect it would score higher than an 8.55 internationally. (how much, I don't know)

So I would bet that He Kexin will be able to get 8.6+ as an E score if the routine is executed to about what she did at Nationals. (how often this happens, I don't know)

judgejudy27
07-04-2012, 07:17 AM
If that routine gets an E score any higher than 8.6 than I hope the judges are planning on giving the Russians a 9.6 E score. She muscles every kip and every cast to handstand something fierce, many of her releases are low now, and she looks laboured and heavy in all she does now.

Loves_Shizuka
07-04-2012, 09:33 AM
I want Jiang Yuyuan on the team but I agree it's more likely to be He Kexin :(

China has Yao Jinnan and Huang Qiushuang as their man AAers but HQS is RIDICULOUSLY inconsistent and YJN seems injured.

I wouldn't be surprised if they miss the podium, and I think it'd be a mini-surprise if a Chinese makes the AA rostrum as well.

Scintillation
07-04-2012, 01:57 PM
It is He Kexin on the team. I saw it announced on the couch gymnast website....the team is

Deng Linlin
He Kexin
Sui Lu
Yao Jinnan
Huang Qiushuang

Loves_Shizuka
07-04-2012, 04:40 PM
:wuzrobbed JYY

oleada
07-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Nooo, JYY :fragile: She is my favorite Chinese gymnast.

Scintillation
07-04-2012, 04:52 PM
I know, I was peeved about that too. I really thought she'd make the team--she is their designated team captain. :(

judgejudy27
07-04-2012, 05:19 PM
That sucks. Watch He Kexin fall on bars and them look like dopes come the Games.

poths
07-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Iordache with her Amanar is the favourite for me.

Vault: 15.7
Bars: 14.6
Beam 15.7 (scored at euros QF)
Floor 15.4 (scored at Euros QF)
= 61.4
Aside from her new vault, she has scored all of the above during the year at Int competitions. I can't see anyone else scoring over 61!

Wieber and Douglas will not get near 15 on floor, despite what their trials/nats score may say. I don't see Gabby scoring more than 14.7 on beam her bars will be low 15 as opposed to the high 15's that trials gave her.

Iordache/Mustafna/Komova with Wieber 4th and Jinnan 5th, Gabby rounding out the top 6. Good quality competition.

poths
07-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Just to add, as much as I hope Izbasa does the AA, I just can't get away for the feeling that Bulimar is going to be the surprise of these championships.

If she has an Amanar.....

59.6 - could sneak a medal.