PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics: Who will win the WAG All Around at London 2012?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Domshabfan
06-30-2012, 04:36 AM
Only 2 votes for Iordache. I am kind of surprised given the hype around her lately. I do concur however as with no Amanar and a lame bars set which scores much lower than even Wieber, she really doesnt have much hope at this point though. Raisman even probably has a better shot, she has an Amanar which gives her a points edge on vault, her bars is about the same, her beam is only a little behind Iordache, and their floors are about the same and both will be fighting for floor gold. Iordache needs an Amanar to even beat a hit Raisman probably, not that Raisman is even likely to be in AA finals with the 2 country rule.

Iordache's bar is similar to Wieber rather than Raisman. That is where the difference comes from. Larissa can put up huge scores on Beam and Floor (slightly higher than Raisman). So combination Bars, floor, beam Larissa is better than Wieber and far ahead of Raisman. Wieber with her amanar will beat Larissa (assuming Larissa does get an amanar) by London but will beat Raisman since she has a larger deficient to make up. However, with all the talk of Larissa and her Amanar she can clearly match wiener and may be even beat her.

judgejudy27
06-30-2012, 04:45 AM
Wieber can score over 15 on bars. Iordache can barely score over 14 on bars. How is that similar.

Domshabfan
06-30-2012, 04:52 AM
Wieber can score over 15 on bars. Iordache can barely score over 14 on bars. How is that similar.

In internal US events...

judgejudy27
06-30-2012, 04:56 AM
In internal US events...

Her routine tonight would have scored atleast a 15.1 in an international event. It sure as heck would have scored alot higher than Larisa can manage.

Domshabfan
06-30-2012, 05:05 AM
Her routine tonight would have scored atleast a 15.1 in an international event. It sure as heck would have scored alot higher than Larisa can manage.

Larissa score around 14.6 internationally, as for Wieber she scores high in US. However check her score from worlds, her E score was low. 15 is something i would expect someone great to score especially since internationally highest E score that are given are around 9.1. Jordyn is a very good gymnast but bar is not her strength, Jordyn scored a 8.2 E score for a hit routine at the worlds EF . That is the range she will get internationally, 14.7 ish score.

judgejudy27
06-30-2012, 05:29 AM
I guess we will see. You are one of the first people I heard who actually expect Larissa to score as highly as Wieber on bars, barring a big mistake by Wieber. She would need both to be competitive with Wieber on bars, and have a good Amanar (not just a bad one like Raisman) by London to have a chance to beat a hit Wieber in the AA. She isnt going to score that much higher than a hit Wieber on beam and floor, especialy seeing Wieber come from way behind to pass Komova with way higher beam and floor scores at Worlds last year.

bek
06-30-2012, 09:11 AM
I guess we will see. You are one of the first people I heard who actually expect Larissa to score as highly as Wieber on bars, barring a big mistake by Wieber. She would need both to be competitive with Wieber on bars, and have a good Amanar (not just a bad one like Raisman) by London to have a chance to beat a hit Wieber in the AA. She isnt going to score that much higher than a hit Wieber on beam and floor, especialy seeing Wieber come from way behind to pass Komova with way higher beam and floor scores at Worlds last year.

I disagree about Larissa not scoring higher than Wieber on bars and floor. Larissa's scores at Euro on those events were higher than Wieber's scores on Nationals. Wieber's beam has some built in deductions. I'm sure the Europeans are going to want a European AA champ either Komova, Mustafina, or Larissa. And Wieber's beam is begging for deduction in terms of connections. I think Wieber looks great though; but yes I think Larissa can score higher on beam especially.

caseyedwards
06-30-2012, 09:22 AM
1-Wieber
2-Douglas
3-Komova

judgejudy27
06-30-2012, 03:42 PM
I disagree about Larissa not scoring higher than Wieber on bars and floor. Larissa's scores at Euro on those events were higher than Wieber's scores on Nationals. Wieber's beam has some built in deductions. I'm sure the Europeans are going to want a European AA champ either Komova, Mustafina, or Larissa. And Wieber's beam is begging for deduction in terms of connections. I think Wieber looks great though; but yes I think Larissa can score higher on beam especially.

I did not say Larissa couldnt outscore Wieber on beam and floor. I just said she wouldnt by enough to overcome no Amanar and much weaker bars set. Remember Wieber is one of the best in the World on those two events as well, and came from over a point behind halfway with huge beam and floor scores to pass Komova for the AA title last year. Even if Larissa got an Amanar it wouldnt neccessarily be as good as Wieber's which is one of the best in the World and she probably still wouldnt be able to make up the major bars gap unless Wieber misses on bars.

I thought you were downplaying Larissa's chances previously saying her bars was far too weak to have any chance. I dont know what changed your mind suddenly.

bek
06-30-2012, 03:50 PM
I did not say Larissa couldnt outscore Wieber on beam and floor. I just said she wouldnt by enough to overcome no Amanar and much weaker bars set. Remember Wieber is one of the best in the World on those two events as well, and came from over a point behind halfway with huge beam and floor scores to pass Komova for the AA title last year. Even if Larissa got an Amanar it wouldnt neccessarily be as good as Wieber's which is one of the best in the World and she probably still wouldnt be able to make up the major bars gap unless Wieber misses on bars.

I thought you were downplaying Larissa's chances previously saying her bars was far too weak to have any chance. I dont know what changed your mind suddenly.

I think Wieber while more consistent on bars is much worse on bars than she was last year. And if Larissa scored a 14.6 than its around what Wieber scored and really more than enough. Jordyn's not going 15 plus on bars internationally.

judgejudy27
06-30-2012, 04:23 PM
I think Wieber while more consistent on bars is much worse on bars than she was last year. And if Larissa scored a 14.6 than its around what Wieber scored and really more than enough. Jordyn's not going 15 plus on bars internationally.

Did you see her bars routine last night? You dont think that would score even a 15 internationally. Even if you are right though Larisa would still need an Amanar to have a chance, as she cant be almost a full point behind after vault, as she cant rely on a huge bars scores to pull her even or back ahead like the Russians can.

bek
06-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Did you see her bars routine last night? You dont think that would score even a 15 internationally. Even if you are right though Larisa would still need an Amanar to have a chance, as she cant be almost a full point behind after vault, as she cant rely on a huge bars scores to pull her even or back ahead like the Russians can.

That bars routine is labored as all get out. It hurts my eyes to watch. If Wieber is breaking 15 on bars. Komova, Mustafina deserve to go 9.5 plus execution. In a world where Nastia Grishina and yes Ross with much better execution aren't breaking much higher than 15.2s internationally with similar start values than Wieber and MUCH better execution than no Wieber should not be breaking 15s.

Bars is suppose to be about easy, swinging... Wieber's is basically watch me muscle up. If she's getting 15s on bars its because of some crazy judging/and or what I mentioning the Russian girls going 9.5 plus on bars.

Domshabfan
06-30-2012, 04:49 PM
The highest E score international judges have given in a major competition for bars is not higher than 9.1. I don't expect them to go higher than that by more than .1 or .2 (very unlikely) at the Olympics. Hence, the likes of Mustafina and Komova will likely score around 9.1 and Weiber around 8.2, like she did last year. The likes of Nastia Grishina and Ross can score around 8.7 and Douglas depending on the execution can score between 8.7 to 9.1. If Gabby Douglas messes up like today her score will drop to around 8.0-8.2 level.

judgejudy27
06-30-2012, 04:54 PM
That bars routine is labored as all get out. It hurts my eyes to watch. If Wieber is breaking 15 on bars. Komova, Mustafina deserve to go 9.5 plus execution. In a world where Nastia Grishina and yes Ross with much better execution aren't breaking much higher than 15.2s internationally with similar start values than Wieber and MUCH better execution than no Wieber should not be breaking 15s.

Bars is suppose to be about easy, swinging... Wieber's is basically watch me muscle up. If she's getting 15s on bars its because of some crazy judging/and or what I mentioning the Russian girls going 9.5 plus on bars.

Do you expect Larisa to have an Amanar by London though. Considering her bars is way weaker than the Russians and weaker than Jordan's (even if one disputes the degree), and Jordan has one of the best Amanars in the World, she clearly has to have an Amanar to even have a chance barring the others bombing. A good one too, not an Aly like chucked one.

bek
06-30-2012, 04:59 PM
The Romanian's say she has it.