PDA

View Full Version : Revenge - Season 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

jeffisjeff
11-13-2012, 03:03 AM
Those commercials made trying to fast forward through the commercials a real challenge!

michiruwater
11-13-2012, 06:12 AM
Susan Lucci as Madeline Stowe's mother would have been the best casting decision ever.

I agree that Czerny is a step above everyone else. JJL should theoretically be but she hasn't impressed me in this. It might just be that I don't like the character at all. I never like those dazed-eyed sorts of characters.

Coco
11-13-2012, 06:14 AM
Yeah, the getting Mason to plead guilty thing didn't make any sense, but who cares - great episode!!

Jenny
11-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Susan Lucci as Madeline Stowe's mother would have been the best casting decision ever.

OMG that would have been FABULOUS.

Also agree that Henry Czerny is the best actor on the show, and thanks to some really good dialogue I think, is getting better and better. His interactions with Victoria are delicious.

Yeah, the getting Mason to plead guilty thing didn't make any sense, but who cares - great episode!!

Hubby has started watching with me this season, and that was the moment when I had to explain to him that on this show, there are many moments like that, and we just have to go with it.

Also agree we need to keep Nolan and Emily platonic, plus I have to say the bit with Padma was like last week never happened, when he told her off at the wedding re going behind his back, and now he's all soppy puppy with her. And then previews of next week - did I see him kissing a man? We know that's a possibility for him, but then what's with Padma? They need to sort this out - Nolan is way to good a character and Gabrielle Mann is doing way too good a job with it to screw around like this.

Hubby's other big question is why on earth Nolan would be willing to give up control of his "life's work" just because he made a vague promise to her father. Seriously? Sure, he's trusting Aiden because he's Emily's friend, but just as hiring Padma to a very senior position with no background on her didn't make any sense, you'd think that Nolan would have CHECKED WITH EMILY before giving up control of his company, no? And is he not connecting the dots that at the very same time that Aiden is after this info, so was Padma? Are we dropping that SL?

And then there's the cheque. Considering it's potentially worth billions of dollars and the control of two major corporations, you'd think they'd at least put it in a protective envelope, no? But then we wouldn't have the visual, which sadly does seem to drive a lot of decisions by the writers on this show.

I did enjoy Emily's reveal to Mason though - rewound and watched it twice :)

gkelly
11-14-2012, 05:41 PM
I have to wonder if Emily has a specific endgame in mind for her revenge against Conrad and Victoria, or whether she just wants to hang around their world and stir things up in any old direction that will make them suffer.

Will she be vindicated if they end up dead? If they're imprisoned for life for crimes they did or didn't commit? If they publicly confess to or are exposed for framing David regardless of their own fate?

How was marrying Daniel supposed to achieve any of those goals?

Artemis@BC
11-14-2012, 07:13 PM
^ Her gameplan seems to change as she goes along and uncovers new info. Obviously when she started down this road she had no idea about The Initiative. I doubt she's feeling any kind of sympathy toward Conrad and Victoria in the light of that relevation, but it does alter her strategies.

I wonder too at what point "justice" supercedes "revenge." Obviously the latter is name of the game (and the show), but would she be satisfied with clearing her father's name? But of course for that to happen the real villains have to be named ...

mpal2
11-15-2012, 12:55 AM
How was marrying Daniel supposed to achieve any of those goals?

She told Takeda that marrying Daniel was her way in to the company. It would allow her to search for evidence clearing her father. Of course this was also when Takeda was questioning her ability to stick with her revenge plan and said she was too emotionally involved with Daniel.

All in all I kind of like that Emily seemingly drifts around her goals for revenge. It matches with Takeda's criticism of her ability to follow through. She is steely and determined and then seems to lose focus as she gets distracted by something else. Her contradiction makes her character a little more realistic to me because the ass-kicking never failing Emily would be too perfect for me to believe after a while.

ETA: I think it fits with her trying to figure out what she really wants in life. She either wants to be close to people or push them away and use them but she can't have both. I don't think she really knows yet even though she tries to act like she does.

manhn
11-15-2012, 01:21 AM
Regarding Mason's willingness to go along with the plan, I will give the writers the benefit of the doubt and believe that Emily had a Plan B up her sleeve if Mason never agreed to the plan from the get go. Since Mason accepted her initial deal, Emily didn't have to go to the alternative route. I further believe that Emily will have a Plan B should Mason stop cooperating at some point in the future, especially if Emily takes longer to enact her revenge than Mason expects/hopes.

cruisin
11-15-2012, 02:10 AM
She told Takeda that marrying Daniel was her way in to the company. It would allow her to search for evidence clearing her father. Of course this was also when Takeda was questioning her ability to stick with her revenge plan and said she was too emotionally involved with Daniel.

All in all I kind of like that Emily seemingly drifts around her goals for revenge. It matches with Takeda's criticism of her ability to follow through. She is steely and determined and then seems to lose focus as she gets distracted by something else. Her contradiction makes her character a little more realistic to me because the ass-kicking never failing Emily would be too perfect for me to believe after a while.

ETA: I think it fits with her trying to figure out what she really wants in life. She either wants to be close to people or push them away and use them but she can't have both. I don't think she really knows yet even though she tries to act like she does.

I also think that her plans waver because she is realizing that she is more human/kind than she realized. Her hatred of Conrad and Victoria was all she felt, initially. Then she met Daniel and more importantly her half sister Charlotte, and realized she was not the only victim. She did not expect to feel compassion. She has held Nolan at arms length, but clearly there is an unexpected bond there.

Coco
11-15-2012, 03:28 AM
Yeah, that's why I was particularly impressed with her acting in the scene where she broke down and cried on Aiden's shoulder, after her mother's complex history/reality came to light. The way she cried seemed so anathema to her character. (Did I use anathema correctly? God, I need to read more...)

And I think for someone who was wronged as a child, by authority figures, you want revenge but at the same time it's terrifying to confront the wrongdoer/authority figure. So even though she's now an adult, she still sees the Graysons as authority figures. Crushing them would mean there are no more adults, and that's a scary proposition.

Jenny
11-15-2012, 02:05 PM
All in all I kind of like that Emily seemingly drifts around her goals for revenge. It matches with Takeda's criticism of her ability to follow through. She is steely and determined and then seems to lose focus as she gets distracted by something else.

And she knows it, which is why she went back for further training.

Regarding Mason's willingness to go along with the plan, I will give the writers the benefit of the doubt and believe that Emily had a Plan B up her sleeve if Mason never agreed to the plan from the get go.

Still though, even though the prospect of a blockbuster book/scoop of the century is appealing to a writer, the price is an undetermined time in prison. He's being convicted of murder, so he'll be placed with hardcore criminals, and he's a gay man, who likely will not fare well at all. You'd think he'd at least have shown some concern when she said he'd stay there as long as she saw fit, and countered with some more concrete idea of a timeframe.

Artemis@BC
11-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Regarding Mason's willingness to go along with the plan, I will give the writers the benefit of the doubt and believe that Emily had a Plan B up her sleeve if Mason never agreed to the plan from the get go. Since Mason accepted her initial deal, Emily didn't have to go to the alternative route. I further believe that Emily will have a Plan B should Mason stop cooperating at some point in the future, especially if Emily takes longer to enact her revenge than Mason expects/hopes.

The :rolleyes: is not that Emily would offer Mason the deal ... but that Mason would accept.

Like I said earlier, it's the kind of thing that only makes sense in TVland/Revengeland, and only if you don't think about it at all and just go with it.

Evilynn
11-17-2012, 08:34 AM
They're throwing too many new characters at us. Now there's a brother to the guy that co-owns the bar (I can't be bothered to remember his name)? They're working some sort of revenge against something Jack and Declan's father did to them? Please - too much. Then there's Padma's contined jerky insertions into the narrative, and the Initiative lady. I almost long for the simpler days when Emily just worked on putting an "x" through the face of one person at a time.

I still don't know what to make of Padma, and I really couldn't care less about Brothers Clueless, although I have to admit I have soft spot a mile whide for Michael Trucco, so adding that particular character might save that story line for me. :lol:

The :rolleyes: is not that Emily would offer Mason the deal ... but that Mason would accept.

Like I said earlier, it's the kind of thing that only makes sense in TVland/Revengeland, and only if you don't think about it at all and just go with it.

Yeah, makes no sense at all, even if he felt massive guilt that does seem extreme.

michiruwater
11-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Michael Trucco is in the latest episode???

Why have I waited so long to catch up?? Off to go watch this immediately...

Bostonfan
11-17-2012, 01:23 PM
In the TV Guide magazine, there's some non-spoilery stuff from the Revenge producers:

Mike Kelley offers some encouraging news to fans who may feel as though they've been treading water waiting for Emily to resolve her mommy issues and get back to what she excelled at last season: plotting revenge against the Graysons for the death of her father. December 2nd will be the last episode aired before the winter hiatus. Kelley says we can expect one of Emily's "old school-style takedowns" and what we learn will help propel viewers through the winter hiatus.