PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! Have you tried this?

nubka
06-18-2012, 03:39 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2160351/After-scalpel-facelift-Jennifer-Aniston-womans-diary-transformation.html

Has anyone here tried this, or know someone who has? It looks terribly painfull... :eek:

julieann
06-18-2012, 04:05 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2160351/After-scalpel-facelift-Jennifer-Aniston-womans-diary-transformation.html

Has anyone here tried this, or know someone who has? It looks terribly painfull... :eek:

It looks the same as having a TCA peel at 20% or a Jessner Peel, but if she still abuses her skin it won't do her any good.

Anita18
06-18-2012, 04:19 AM
I'd been thinking of getting a peel of some kind to get rid of some acne scarring, but I seriously can't take a week off JUST for this...so I will continue to be a working woman and have flawed skin. :P

WindSpirit
06-18-2012, 05:13 AM

Has anyone here tried this, or know someone who has? It looks terribly painfull... :eek: Not only that, her skin after looks somewhat wrinkle-free, but also melted and glossy like on a burn patient. I think that in most cases that look actually ages you more than normal wrinkles would.

I knew someone who had chemical peels (no idea what exactly) done when I was in college. She was 18 and had bad acne. I don't think it was particularly painful, but all the aftercare sounded like something I could never do, especially the part when she had to peel off patches off dead skin by herself. BTW, I don't remember it helping her much, not sure if the peels were to blame or she just had bad skin and the peels didn't do much with that.

IceAlisa
06-18-2012, 05:46 AM
I haven't had this done but have seen the procedure and the results. It is painful--the idea is to burn off the top layer of skin with laser and the fresh new skin, is, well, fresh and new.

You do look a burn victim (because you are) for a while but the results are impressive--baby new fresh, tight and plump skin. Lots of celebs and non-celebs do it. I think it's rather drastic but wouldn't judge anyone who elects to have this done. It seems like it hurts quite a bit too.

Nomad
06-18-2012, 05:49 AM
I think I'll just stay wrinkled and celibate, thanks.

IceAlisa
06-18-2012, 06:13 AM
Il faut souffrir pour Ítre belle and all that. And the French came up with the expression well before this procedure was invented. Personally, I am not willing to suffer that much. To each their own.

WindSpirit
06-18-2012, 06:43 AM
You do look a burn victim (because you are) for a while but the results are impressive--baby new fresh, tight and plump skin. I'd have to see that for myself because so far everyone I've seen who had it done looked like a burn patient after they've healed, too. I don't see baby new fresh and plum skin, I see melted and glossy. It looks plastic.

IceAlisa
06-18-2012, 07:11 AM
I think you are referring the shine or dewiness of the skin seen here: http://www.fusionmedspa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/wo.png

I also think this woman had some fillers done besides the laser. Other than that, this is the result.

Lanie
06-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Good Lord. No! That sounds painful. :yikes:

Asli
06-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Is it harmless to have your skin burned off like that? Wouldn't this increase the risk of skin cancer?

Anita18
06-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Is it harmless to have your skin burned off like that? Wouldn't this increase the risk of skin cancer?
If you did it a lot, probably. :o

Risk of cancer is heightened when you force your body to make new cells very quickly. So...yeah, this would count. I bet the overall effect is minimal, though.

IceAlisa
06-18-2012, 06:32 PM

I think the risk is minimal--I haven't seen any studies demonstrating the connection. New skin cells are made all the time, although the process slows down as we age. I think people tend to do it once a year or although I am not sure exactly how it works. That doesn't seem like too often.

I wouldn't worry about the risk much--what turns me off is the pain and the 7 days of horror show until the face heals. :scream: