PDA

View Full Version : Ice Dance 2005

nuge
06-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Watched some old tapes yesterday ' although it doesn't seem that long ago from 2005 FDS and ODS :)

Grushgons had some nice programmes this year .Four Seasons FD probably the FD I liked the most from them .It had nice light and shade some good Morozov choreo and had everything you ever want in a FD ES commentators said :D
Their Charleston OD was great too .Their ODS were always better IMO.

K/Novikov :eek: Watching now it was like a train wreck :shuffle:Very untidy sloppy and their moves in closed holds were poor .Very exciting though :lol:
They were dressed in red/black but can't remember the music now :oIt was all very frantic.Anyone know why they split ?

Fraser/Lukanin unforgettable :lol:

Dom/Shabalin FD Fifth Element .Nice programme lovely pink costumes.Very nice OD Quickstep too.

Delshoes Absolutely beautiful FD to Frida :kickass:
Third in FD but as usual fourth overall :(
Charleston OD really good.

B/A Shadritsa FD liked it a lot one of my favs of theirs:)

Denstas Nice OD but Toy Story what were they thinking ?:shuffle:
They said they'd written the year off after CDS as Albena had been recovering from bronchitis and they'd lost training time :(
FD Bach to Africa which for some reason wasn't popular with fans :confused:I really enjoyed it a lot :shuffle:

N/K FD to Tosca

Any more memories ?

casken
06-17-2012, 09:25 PM
N/K FD to Tosca

Pretty much says it all. :lol:

Delobel and Schoenfelder should have won the FD that year and been no lower than 2nd overall. :mad:

Aussie Willy
06-17-2012, 11:03 PM
I think Frida was DelSchoe's best FD.

There were also too many couples with D&S as their initials. It meant to you had to type more to explain who you were talking about.

Macassar88
06-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Yeah I agree Tosca was pretty bad... Mainly because of a distinct absence of a certain article of clothing that goes around Tatiana's head...
But I remember them saying that the original Tosca was much more artistic but had to be reworked so they could get their levels.

blue_idealist
06-18-2012, 06:22 AM
Kulikova/Novikov.. that's a team I haven't seen discussed in awhile.. I actually forgot their existence until a few months ago when I watched a video of them on youtube. They WERE pretty frantic, not anywhere near any of the best Russian teams.

nuge
06-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Kulikova/Novikov.. that's a team I haven't seen discussed in awhile.. I actually forgot their existence until a few months ago when I watched a video of them on youtube. They WERE pretty frantic, not anywhere near any of the best Russian teams.

This is what I thought .They were so scruffy looking too:lol:
When we talk about V/M skating beautiful edges flow etc on a scale with K/N V/M would be one end and K/N the exact opposite end :shuffle:
Did they only compete that season ? They must have been third ranked after N/K and D/S .Did K/Novitski take over third the next season ?

pani
06-18-2012, 12:28 PM
I think K-N split up after 2004-2005 season. And yes, Kh-N were Russian third team at OG in Torino OG.

Aussie Willy
06-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Wasn't Novikov the Russian Truckie Ice Dancer?

Kasey
06-19-2012, 01:01 AM
Novikov was with Orlova the 2005-2006 season. It was not an improvement, skating-wise.

nuge
06-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Wasn't Novikov the Russian Truckie Ice Dancer?

That's right :lol:

Another thing I noticed if anyone has the tape of the ODS.In the knc with N/K after their scores it shows a woman in the audience with a little girl waving .The girl is maybe Navka's daughter Anyone know if it was ? Just the way Navka was looking at the monitor. .

nuge
06-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Well I'll answer my own question :o:lol:
After seeing the photos of Navka's daughter on the other thread I reckon it was her :)