PDA

View Full Version : Samuel Contesti has decided to retire (Gazzetta dello Sport article)

Pages : 1 [2]

spikydurian
06-18-2012, 05:49 AM
All the best to Contesti. You may not be a constant podium occupier, but your skating were always entertaining and fun to watch. Preparing for competition takes a lot of time and it is understandable that now you have a second child in your family, it's time to hang up the skates and seek a path where you can spend more time with your family. Family is important.

blue_idealist
06-18-2012, 06:12 AM
I'm sorta sad about this. :( I found him entertaining. Two programs of his I like were his "Whammer Jammer" from the 2010 season and his "La Vie En Rose" program this past season.

IceIceBaby
06-18-2012, 10:06 AM
I am sad that he has to retire! He was a true showman!

paskatefan
06-18-2012, 10:47 AM
I'll miss him as a competitor. Always found him entertaining. Wishing him the best with his growing family and glad he'll stay involved in the sport by coaching.

Jaana
06-18-2012, 11:01 AM
IŽll miss him, he was very entertaining, but great to hear that heŽll start coaching. Good luck to him and his family!

Andrey aka Pushkin
06-18-2012, 01:54 PM
And it also means that finally Parkinson is going to get the chance to compete at ISU championships.
:scream:

I'm a bit surprised about Contesti, though. I must say, he did look out of place in the top 10 of Europeans and Worlds with the current amazing depth of talent; still, he was quite successful, entertaining and popular, plus definitely a lock for the Italian team.

briancoogaert
06-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Not that he is very young. But I'm surprised.
And I'm still sad he didn't compete at 2006 Olympics for France.

ioana
06-18-2012, 10:38 PM
It's always sad when someone is forced into retirement either by injury or lack of training conditions, instead of doing it on their own terms...Best of luck to him in the future!

skatak
06-18-2012, 11:06 PM
I remember a French nationals several years ago, he faced a music problem in his program and did not cope with it well... shame because I notice he had a really nice skating (and probably already a good 3A). Shame that comp. because he ended so low when he could have been much higher, ...
anyway it was always nice to see him skate ! Au revoir Sam !

kittyjake5
06-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Lots of Luck to Samuel! I always enjoyed his skating. Also, Congrats to him on becoming a father for the second time.

bardtoob
06-19-2012, 03:23 AM
I really enjoyed his programs this last season. I could really feel the pride he felt in skating them, and ending his career in Nice was just right :'-)

AusTechSpec
06-25-2012, 02:51 PM
This also means we'll have both Parkinson and Bacchini at Euros and Worlds ! Which also means Italy won't be at World Team Trophy this season.

Noticed parkinson was at Broadmoor Open,, not protocols but someone blogged the event here (http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/2012-broadmoor-open-june-20-23-results-highlights/)....

Paul Parkinson: 3A, 3A (both solid); 3Lz+2T+2Lo; 2 falls on 4S attempts.

wouldn't count him out just yet...