PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Japan Open, Oct. 6th, 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21

anna1506
10-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Awww! Gedevanishvilli's LP is so charming! Loved it.

And as a sign of the apocalypse, I didn't hate Plushenko's program! It might be the lack of the violin-on-crack Edvin Marton music, but it's the first time I've enjoyed something from him since his Nijinsky program

There is still a lot of things U've never seen before... :D

misskarne
10-12-2012, 01:47 AM
Plushenko.

What can I say? What can anyone say? For all the haters and critics and those who will belittle him at every opportunity they get, no-one can deny his greatness.

Thirty years old, and still landing two quads. Thirty years old, and adding new elements. He is truly unbelievable. I can't wait to see how this looks come Euros.

I love this program, and I love the way he skates it, with passion and fire. And no, he'll never have enough transitions to satisfy the haters :rolleyes: but there are more than there were, and put together better too. His program doesn't look cluttered or rushed. It flows.

ItalianFan
10-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Plushenko.

What can I say? What can anyone say? For all the haters and critics and those who will belittle him at every opportunity they get, no-one can deny his greatness.

Thirty years old, and still landing two quads. Thirty years old, and adding new elements. He is truly unbelievable. I can't wait to see how this looks come Euros.

I love this program, and I love the way he skates it, with passion and fire. And no, he'll never have enough transitions to satisfy the haters :rolleyes: but there are more than there were, and put together better too. His program doesn't look cluttered or rushed. It flows.

very well said, my dear!

anna1506
10-12-2012, 07:49 PM
very well said, my dear!
I agree!

Fure
10-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Plushenko.

Yep. Definitely :swoon:

ratatouille
10-13-2012, 04:52 PM
I love Plushy's skating, he's unbelievable/

Akiko as well!!!

Love Mao's new LP. The music cut is really good as well as the costume and choreo! Good to see her back in good shape and nice smile again!

Doggygirl
10-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Just now getting around to watching the vids. Wow. Epic Buttle! :kickass: Also excited to see the early versions of this seasons programs. It will be interesting to see how these all evolve. I will confess to missing Dai's usual hotness factor within his program. Hopefully we will see some hot Dai :smokin: in his SP? Good to see Mao. Hopeful that Ashley's program will evolve positively, and that she will get a different color dress. Suzuki is the most beautiful bird ever! :) Plush is amazing.

SA next weekend! It's finally here!

bardtoob
10-14-2012, 06:17 AM
Wow ... Plushy certainly had more of a "program" at the JO this year than I've seen from him in at least 8 years.

Mao was lovely.

I would describe Ashley as having taken it to the next level. Her program is well constructed, she seems very fit, and her jump technique seems better in the air and during the landings (ie not falling).

lala
10-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Awww! Gedevanishvilli's LP is so charming! Loved it.

And as a sign of the apocalypse, I didn't hate Plushenko's program! It might be the lack of the violin-on-crack Edvin Marton music, but it's the first time I've enjoyed something from him since his Nijinsky program

Maybe you didn't see Plushy's programs. :wideeyes:

lala
10-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Plushenko.

Do you wonder? Look at this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVGRZLmIEIw
"I have never tried to stop my improvement. The duty of a top athlete is to improve the sport"

lauravvv
10-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Do you wonder? Look at this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVGRZLmIEIw
"I have never tried to stop my improvement. The duty of a top athlete is to improve the sport"Thank you. Although I am not a fan, I respect Evgeni greatly. And I have to say that this was really moving, although the music is probably a bit too much. As for "improving the sport" - probably he has a different idea of "improvement" than other people who don't like his skating.

lala
10-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Thank you. Although I am not a fan, I respect Evgeni greatly. And I have to say that this was really moving, although the music is probably a bit too much. As for "improving the sport" - probably he has a different idea of "improvement" than other people who don't like his skating.
Maybe. But if you surf on the Youtube, you will see how many people like him, and how much inspiring personality he is. And his name will be unforgettable, it will be in the sport lexicon, like a best male skater after the Second War( Mr Cinquanta). :) Nobody can't deny.

The Accordion
10-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Maybe. But if you surf on the Youtube, you will see how many people like him, and how much inspiring personality he is. And his name will be unforgettable, it will be in the sport lexicon, like a best male skater after the Second War( Mr Cinquanta). :) Nobody can't deny.

I agree with
how many people like him
name will be unforgettable
will be in the sport lexicon

These are all facts

Best male skater after the 2nd world war is subjective.
I personally don't agree - but many might.

lala
10-14-2012, 06:56 PM
I agree with
how many people like him
name will be unforgettable
will be in the sport lexicon

These are all facts

Best male skater after the 2nd world war is subjective.
I personally don't agree - but many might.
I'M curious for your aspects.

The Accordion
10-14-2012, 07:33 PM
aspects?