PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Japan Open, Oct. 6th, 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21

luckiest1
10-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Quite painful to see Chan falling on almost every jump but everything he's doing between the falls is a thing of beauty, from how he is using his edges to his body and arm movement. Awesome choreography, this La Boheme might be the most emotional program he's ever done.:swoon:
Absolutely! Love the costume as well, a bit reminiscent of Elvis' 1492 costume from 1995.

ice9
10-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Quite painful to see Chan falling on almost every jump but everything he's doing between the falls is a thing of beauty, from how he is using his edges to his body and arm movement. Awesome choreography, this La Boheme might be the most emotional program he's ever done.:swoon:

Ditto.

orbitz
10-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Plush has a haircut :) His jumping ability is still amazing, but the rest of his skating just isn't going to cut it anymore under IJS. And what with the grabbing of his left leg into the Y-position at the end of the SLF? That made no sense whatsoever.

jettasian
10-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Finally! It was a disaster, but wow! I really love this program! :swoon:
It's already my favorite program from him. Love his new costume, too!

Great skate, but it reminds me of Joannie's program. Like her costume, though.

Yup, despite the falls, Chan's LP is great, love the music and the costume and the choreo. It's just his off day. Once he has his jumps together, he will be unbeatable. I'm not worried about him.

jettasian
10-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Re Chan's performance, what was his excuse: rushing, nerves, skates, ice, early season? Oh well, he has worked hard on the musicality and artistic aspects of his skating, which weren't terribly bad anyway. Apparently, his skating skills minimize all disasters and/ or deficiencies. His skating is definitely an example of "out of this world" flow, per ISU terminology in their skating skills vids.

No excuse. It's just his off day. A lot of skaters have encountered that once awhile. It's better early than late in the season.

arakwafan2006
10-07-2012, 03:45 PM
For me, Dai, Mao and Jeff were just in a class all by themselves. Ashley was fantastic as well.

Jeff though was just brilliant. His performance is what the ISU should consider when setting rules. Yeah, he could have used a quad but he did all the jumps but the performance was by FAR the most important part. There's the choreography that tries to address the music and there is the performance that Jeff gave where the music and the skater seemed to have been lost forever and reunited.

Mao has work to do but Tatiana Tarasova gave her a gift in the program.

Dai made the right decision to go back to Morosov BUT not have Morosov do the programs. Morosov can be more objective to what the other choreographers have done while helping dia be more consistent.

kylet3
10-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Wow, Jeff was just absolutely stunning today :swoon: Anyway we can convince him to come back for Sochi? :lol: I didn't realize he had still kept up with the axel, that was one of the best performances I've seen from him. Amazing.

As for Patrick, I was worried when he left Krall and my suspicions have been confirmed. Kathy Johnson has done wonders for his artistic side, but the technique is not her strong suit, Patrick was rushing through everything, there was no sense of timing or attack to his jumps, it seems like it's all gone down hill since he had his coaching change. When we are already seeing stunning performances from all Kozuka, Hanyu, Takahashi, and Dornbrush, they're up to snuff and ready to go. Patrick isn't. I'm hoping this was just a case of an off day for Patrick but he's only got a couple weeks now to Skate Canada, if we see a repeat of this, he won't find himself anywhere near the podium. I really hope he can turn it around in time.

reese
10-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Ashley's program... did Mills do this one? There's too much crap arm choreography going on... very reminiscent of when Sasha Cohen would just make up her own choreography in the middle of her programs. I can't imagine all the accenting-the-music-with-arm-punches was planned by Mills.

bek
10-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Patrick tends to make big mistakes early in the season... Nice to see he didn't get first with that

ratatouille
10-07-2012, 04:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6LsivBWXIC0#!

Don't know if anyone has posted Dai's TANGO ! it's gorgeous!

ostile17
10-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Love Daisuke's LP, does anyone know what the music is?

Pagliacci, by Leoncavallo, choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne

timmybopper
10-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Stirring the pot here....

BUT: If Jeff still has his 3A (which I was surprised to see him land with relative ease) and adds a second 3A into his program, how competitive is he among current senior mens skaters even without a quad? I thought his program components were STUNNING and his footwork and other jumps still seemed top notch. I know Jeff won't come back to eligible skating but how would he compare if he had a second 3A in that program?

Frau Muller
10-07-2012, 05:13 PM
ASHLEY - what a masterpiece of an LP!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJMDkYMfy7c&feature=channel&list=UL

Nobody has EVAH come up with so powerful and perfect a program to this music. For 40+ years I've dreamt that someone would 'get it right' with the Samson & Delilah Bacchanale music. Finally! Thank you, Ashley. And so well skated for the start of the season. Imagine what it can be like at Worlds.

Love-love-love the glamorous Orientalia golden dress. WOW!

Samson & Delilah - First came Peggy Fleming with the perfect skate to 'Mon Coeur' (the soft tune) and now Ashley Wagner with the perfect Bacchanale...and even a bit of 'Mon Coeur' in the middle!

seabm7
10-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Stirring the pot here....

BUT: If Jeff still has his 3A (which I was surprised to see him land with relative ease) and adds a second 3A into his program, how competitive is he among current senior mens skaters even without a quad? I thought his program components were STUNNING and his footwork and other jumps still seemed top notch. I know Jeff won't come back to eligible skating but how would he compare if he had a second 3A in that program?

Would'nt he be in a conflict of interests situation in such a case? His client list includes Patrick, Yuzuru and Nan Song! :D

lala
10-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Plush has a haircut :) His jumping ability is still amazing, but the rest of his skating just isn't going to cut it anymore under IJS. And what with the grabbing of his left leg into the Y-position at the end of the SLF? That made no sense whatsoever.
Oh really?
Men - Free Skating Results
PL. Competitor National TSS TES PCS SS TR PE CH IN Deduction StN.
1 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 172.06 81.00 91.06 9.11 8.71 9.21 9.25 9.25 0.00 #6
2 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 165.08 83.06 83.02 8.54 8.18 8.32 8.29 8.18 1.00 #3
3 Jeffrey BUTTLE CAN 160.86 72.66 88.20 8.71 8.64 8.86 8.89 9.00 0.00 #1
4 Evgeni PLUSHENKO RUS 156.21 71.63 85.58 8.75 7.96 8.68 8.54 8.86 1.00 #5
5 Michal BREZINA CZE 151.53 71.45 80.08 8.25 7.61 8.07 8.00 8.11 0.00 #2
6 Patrick CHAN CAN 137.42 57.00 84.42 8.61 8.57 8.07 8.57 8.39 4.00 #4

That's so funny, or ridiculous, when the Plushy's haters trying to belittle him.:D He won the ECH in this year, and he got very high scores, don't you remember?:confused: Or the ECH wasn't under the IJS? And look at the protochols of JO!

And his hair one of his trade marks!! Didn't you like it? This is matter of taste! Many fans adore his hair, like me. He was very beautiful and unique on the ice with it. But he has became more mature, and he cuted his hair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15UjaPyaccw&feature=related
Isn't he beautiful? Read the comments :)))