PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Japan Open, Oct. 6th, 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

smarts1
10-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Still no video up for Akiko or Ashley?

DimaToe
10-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Much as I love Dai, I'm just not feeling the program, yet. Maybe I just loved last year's LP too much.

I couldn't get into it either. After how well packaged Dai was last season I just can't get as excited as I did about him back then, but it seems that because of the formatting of his programs he will have a better success rate with the quads though, so that's the good part..

babayaga
10-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Still no video up for Akiko or Ashley?
Akiko's program was uploaded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ROfqScP90&feature=youtu.be
And Kozuka too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONepyvrK-nk&feature=channel&list=UL

chipso1
10-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Mao's FS is lovely. :cheer2:

Her jumps look more solid overall as well, except for the Salchow. She did it fine here, but it appears as though she's still not really kicking up in to it enough, thus the lack of height.

Still, a fab effort for her! :)

aftershocks
10-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Ashleys new dress:

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/channel/live/photo/5173

and Mao

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/channel/live/photo/5172

I love Ashley and I hope she rocks it to the hilt this season, but WOW, I don't like that color on her, AT ALL! I think Ashley's hair color is beautiful on her, but that dress in that color?!!! Why? It reeks too much of the color dress Rachael wore a couple of seasons ago, which did NOT suit Rachael either.

Mao looks very lovely.

chipso1
10-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Ashley's dress would look better in a deep purple. I like the overall design, but the color is a little bright. ;)

all_empty
10-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Nice program from Mao.

I love the footwork, the jump placement, and that she seems happy. I too assume the 2A+2T will be a 2A+3T later in the season. Glad to see two 3Lo as well...it's always been solid for her.

There's still some work needed on the 3Lz edge and the back ends of her combinations may have been downgraded. I suspect her second combination spin got 0 points because it's the same classification as the first -- both CCoSpin. If she puts a flying entrance on one of them she will be fine. Either that or the last position in her flying camel was considered upright, leaving her without a spin in a single position in her program (fixable by doing a donut position instead).

all_empty
10-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Re: Ashley's dress.

I'm not a fan but those embroidered designs are really hot right now in fashion ... I see tons of celebs in them.

Will need a closer look.

aftershocks
10-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Ashley's dress would look better in a deep purple. I like the overall design, but the color is a little bright. ;)

Yes, you're probably right a deeper shade such as purple or blue (even red), but certainly less startling than the bright intense yellow color which doesn't look great against her skin, IMO. The design would likely not seem so bad to me either, if the color was more enhancing for her.

Loved Mao's program. I'm glad she seems so happy, and it shows in her skating.

Re: Ashley's dress.

I'm not a fan but those embroidered designs are really hot right now in fashion ... I see tons of celebs in them.

Will need a closer look.

I love embroidery. It's not the embroidery on Ashley's dress that I'm talking about. It's the intense yellow color of the dress which IMO doesn't look good against her skin. Even perhaps breaking it up with another color added to the yellow, or a different overall color entirely in the same dress design would help. Yes, perhaps a closer up look might help, or it just might be blinding. ;) Anyway, she's wearing it and it's her skating that counts and matters the most. Good luck to Ashley!

smarts1
10-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Eh Akiko's new program is okay. I'm not a fan of the music in the beginning.

all_empty
10-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Not loving Akiko's program.

The music is a departure and does nothing for her at all ... a bit of a risky move in a pre-Olympic year. She should've experimented last year if she wanted to do something different.

Akiko's needs big and bold music to fit her skating.

Karpenko
10-06-2012, 10:20 PM
I think that this is the best program Mao has ever had. She still needs more power but I love the music cut and the choreography. It's really refreshing to see this from her! :cheer:

arakwafan2006
10-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Tarasova hit the nail on the head with Mao this time.

Fantastic work

MR-FAN
10-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Don't agree with you guys, personally I LOVE Akiki's music and program! I think she has a winner with this LP if she skate it clean. It really fits her fluid ethereal style

And Mao!!! MAO!!!! :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: Her best LP EVER!!!! Even the poor music cuts don't bother me!! FINALLY!!!! :cheer2:

Kokuza is KING! And this Classical elegant LP is PERFECTION! What elegance! His best LP since Romeo and Juliette

Love Daisuke, but I've been spoiled by his programs the past 3 seasons, so this is a bit of a let down, but still amaaazing :D I know Morozov didn't choreograph it, but it feels like a typical generic Morozov program. the music is gorgeous and his skating is gorgeous, and together they hold my attention, but hoping for something more interesting than this for the Olympic season

Sylvia
10-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Re-posting the link to the Men's and Ladies' FS official results and protocols page: http://www.jsfresults.com/InterNational/2012-2013/jo/index.htm