PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Daisuke Takahashi will be coached by Nikolai Morozov again

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

ChelleC
06-16-2012, 12:07 AM
I need another drink. lol

Or five.

allezfred
06-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Why would he approach Dai and what is in it for him?

Ego boost. It's not like Amodio is going to be Olympic champion and Takahashi is a much better bet at this point.

itsartemis
06-16-2012, 01:11 AM
I'm happy to read this in the Icenetwork article:

"I'm a different person and a different skater now," he said. "When I was with Nikoli last time, I totally relied on him for every decision we made. But now I'm more independent and capable of making my own judgments. This will be a strictly professional relationship for our project toward the Sochi Olympics.

And well, they look really happy together. (http://twitpic.com/9wrg9r/full)

I really hope this was the right decision. we'll see soon enough. But am I the only wondering why he hasn't even decided on a choreographer for his programs for next season? It is soon mid-June! :eek:

bartek
06-16-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm happy to read this in the Icenetwork article:

And well, they look really happy together. (http://twitpic.com/9wrg9r/full)

I really hope this was the right decision. we'll see soon enough. But am I the only wondering why he hasn't even decided on a choreographer for his programs for next season? It is soon mid-June! :eek:

He has already decided. Lori Nichol.

Sparks
06-16-2012, 01:45 AM
Ego boost. It's not like Amodio is going to be Olympic champion and Takahashi is a much better bet at this point.
^^^true.

itsartemis
06-16-2012, 01:56 AM
He has already decided. Lori Nichol.
No, the the IN article stated the oppsosite:

Takahashi's new competitive programs have not yet been finalized.

"I approached Lori Nichol," he said. "I was very much looking forward to working with her. But the circumstances have since changed.

When asked if Morozov would choreograph his 2012-13 programs, Takahashi demurred.

"Probably not this season," he said. "At this time, we have not decided who will choreograph my new programs."

vivika1982
06-16-2012, 02:08 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
:rofl:
Is this a decoded protest message you are sending in the Universe?

DimaToe
06-16-2012, 02:15 AM
Is it April 1st on some other calendar or something?!?!?! Takahashi is the type or skater that should be the star pupil of his coaching team, but he's now going to share a coach with half of the skating world......why Dai??? ( is he doing it for politik or something?)

luCN
06-16-2012, 04:11 AM
Takahashi's new competitive programs have not yet been finalized.

"I approached Lori Nichol," he said. "I was very much looking forward to working with her. But the circumstances have since changed.

When asked if Morozov would choreograph his 2012-13 programs, Takahashi demurred.

"Probably not this season," he said. "At this time, we have not decided who will choreograph my new programs."

now we can begin to guess who'll be his choreographer……at least not Morozov or Lori this season,seems good news?

Doubletoe
06-16-2012, 04:21 AM
Dai knows who he is, knows what he wants, and knows what he needs. If he feels like he needs Morozov again, then I'm going to trust that this is the right decision. I'm not a huge fan of Morozov on a personal level, but I agree that he seems to have the ability to get his skaters confident and focused for competition, especially when it's a skater he's invested in.

I remember watching Morozov work on Dai's "Cyber Swan" step sequence with him in Hackensack in summer 2007 and having the feeling I was watching something amazing brewing (even though he still had two left feet, having just learned it). I actually think this is going to be good!

Aussie Willy
06-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Two words - Oh F*ck!

Iceman
06-16-2012, 08:51 AM
How did I miss that Miki had parted ways with Morozov? Is there a thread about that? According to wiki her coach is TBA and Monna. Who is Yuko Monna?

Tanja90
06-16-2012, 11:27 AM
As long morozov doesn't touch his programs...I can live with that! Do your technical part but leave the real artists their jobs!

bmcg
06-16-2012, 01:26 PM
As long morozov doesn't touch his programs...I can live with that! Do your technical part but leave the real artists their jobs!

What is his technical expertise when it comes to singles? Not disputing it's there but curious what it is. Step sequences I can see (even if they take up half the program like Leonova) but Dai didn't seem to have any issues with steps prior to this change. Does technical expertise include pyschology and politics?

I preferred Dai post Morozov. It was when he started working with Camerlengo I became a fan. But he's a more mature skating now so hopefully for him heŽll retain that natural swag he has on ice and not let Morozov tamper with that (cringing at the vulgarity Morozov has imparted to some of the males under his control)

falling_dance
06-16-2012, 02:28 PM
How did I miss that Miki had parted ways with Morozov? Is there a thread about that? According to wiki her coach is TBA and Monna. Who is Yuko Monna?

According to Wikipedia, Monna coached Ando and both Asada sisters in the late 90s.