PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Daisuke Takahashi will be coached by Nikolai Morozov again

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

MR-FAN
06-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Somehow I think Lori Nichol is a worse idea than Morozov.

With the right skaters who actually care about choreography and are committed to it, Lori was able to give brilliant programs under IJS (Kostner, Chan, Rochette, Verne, Asada) whereas I can't think of any program of Morozov's that I can call brilliant. Cyber Swan was great, but when I think of the other programs Morozov's gave Takahashi, I never want him to choreograph for Daisuke again

kittyjake5
06-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Well I feel a little better after reading the IN article and the quotes from Dai.

Now that it is all said and done, Go get that Gold Medal Dai!

What are the duties of an advisory coach? From what I understand from reading the press releases Dai will continue to be based in Japan.

Andrushka
06-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Well,we'll see how it goes.No way to know for certain if it'll bode well or evil for him.I for one love Takahashi's skating.
I like Florent too,so curious to see what will become of him now.

Ziggy
06-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Phew! At least no Nichol! A lucky escape. :P

VarBar
06-15-2012, 09:18 PM
With the right skaters who actually care about choreography and are committed to it, Lori was able to give brilliant programs under IJS (Kostner, Chan, Rochette, Verne, Asada) whereas I can't think of any program of Morozov's that I can call brilliant. Cyber Swan was great, but when I think of the other programs Morozov's gave Takahashi, I never want him to choreograph for Daisuke again

Agreed.:)

vexlak
06-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Morozov left NJ (and Ice House) and moved to Russia several years ago.

However - and I heard this just this morning at the rink - Morozov will be teaching a 7-week summer session in Danbury, CT...or so the folks I know had heard. Very standard for elite coaches to go "elsewhere" for the summer - perhaps Connecticut is "elsewhere" for Nikolai this year.

Yes he was in CT. However my sources told me that he abruptly flew to Japan I think yesterday. Contract signing?
It would be interesting to see where will they be working. Most probably Russia?

Willowway
06-15-2012, 09:24 PM
he abruptly flew to Japan I think yesterday.

To have the press conference that prompted this Ice Network article (and others) about his new work Dai.

vexlak
06-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Because his choreography is usually terrible.

I personally happen to like the originality and different approach. It brings life to the skating and versatility. The alternative is to have all skaters doing figures and ballet moves for ever. It gets boring sometimes.
Perfect proof was Leonova with the short at the WC. Yes, it is unusual to see a female (or male) skater come with the outfit and indicating slit throat, however because the program was executed, it was entertaining, different and most importantly different. Similarly the Swan Lake (Hip Hop Version) was genial. Miki's programs were not that bad either.

martyross
06-15-2012, 09:52 PM
I personally happen to like the originality and different approach. It brings life to the skating and versatility. The alternative is to have all skaters doing figures and ballet moves for ever. It gets boring sometimes.
Perfect proof was Leonova with the short at the WC. Yes, it is unusual to see a female (or male) skater come with the outfit and indicating slit throat, however because the program was executed, it was entertaining, different and most importantly different. Similarly the Swan Lake (Hip Hop Version) was genial. Miki's programs were not that bad either.

Just out of curiosity, in what ways Miki Ando's programs are original and different?

Andrey aka Pushkin
06-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Just out of curiosity, in what ways Miki Ando's programs are original and different?
She had a spider on her boob. :shuffle:
Now, that's something original.

Fozzie Bear
06-15-2012, 10:44 PM
^:rofl:

When asked if Morozov would choreograph his 2012-13 programs, Takahashi demurred.

"Probably not this season," he said. "At this time, we have not decided who will choreograph my new programs."

Sending Dai some Tom Dickson vibes. Ohh, or Salome Brunner! Why doesn't anyone ever use them anymore?

Though if he sticks to the Wilson, Carmelengo, Miyamoto combo, I wouldn't complain.

vexlak
06-15-2012, 10:46 PM

I agree that Miki was not different. She was just good enough. That is why she got the gold at the WC. My point exactly. Since there are different personalities, a good choreographer will build a program that will suit the skater. Unfortunately there some choreographers that they do the same signature moves and style. They lack the versatility. I don't think think you can say that about Morozov.

alilou
06-15-2012, 10:55 PM
Oh I think you can say exactly that about morose - Leonova's LP this year is just about identical to the last LP Miki skated.

kittyjake5
06-15-2012, 11:01 PM
"the official announcement" said that Morozov approached Dai and that he (Morozov) wanted to help Dai leading up to Sochi for OG and to also make amends for what had happened between them in the past. I don't know, call me quirky but this reasoning does not make a whole lot of sense to me. Why would he approach Dai and what is in it for him? I don't think Morozov needs the money?

By the time the new season begins I may be an alcoholic, Krull and Patrick breakup, Igor fired, YuNa suing a professor, and now Morozov on Dai's team. I need another drink. lol

ostile17
06-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Mee too! :D