PDA

View Full Version : Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Ladies ROUND 5

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

kwanette
06-16-2012, 12:51 PM
I voted for Carolina to go.

This is probably the first season ever where I actually (sort of) enjoyed her skating. Up until this yr, I found her gawky and lacking in anything close to artistry. I do appreciate her skating skills and speed.

I ppretty much agree with what Berthes Ghost had to say about Tara.

SkateBlades17
06-17-2012, 05:42 AM
I do not think that Tara should be voted off yet at all!! She was very talented and one of the most consistant skaters. Being consistant is a big thing for me. Sasha Cohen and Nicole Bobek for example were great skaters, but could hardly ever keep it together and put two clean programs together. I predict that Michelle will win this by the way. :)

I voted for Carolina by the way.

eurodance2001
06-17-2012, 07:03 AM
NOw, while I have voted for Tara the last 2 rounds and I still enjoy her skating the least of all the skaters left, there's something very wrong with Meltdown Queen Carolina Kostner surviving for half of this game.

She NEEDS to go now!! Bye Carolina.

ITA!! Caro must go! Next is Shizuka for me..

eurodance2001
06-17-2012, 07:10 AM
Considering what the Russian Mafia did to Maria last week, anything is possible :lol:

Considering the Mafia firebombed Maria's car, she can stomp off in a tizzy if she wants!!

npavel
06-17-2012, 11:08 PM
I'll never understand how Tara can be a stronger champion than Carolina who has better skating skills, bigger jumps, greater spirals and spins. Carolinas artistry and interpretation is so much better and the presence on the ice as a real lady make her stand over Tara by far
I voted for Tara from the second round and will do it until she is gone

Triple Butz
06-17-2012, 11:15 PM
I'll never understand how Tara can be a stronger champion than Carolina who has better skating skills, bigger jumps, greater spirals and spins. Carolinas artistry and interpretation is so much better and the presence on the ice as a real lady make her stand over Tara by far

How about difficulty and ability to skate clean under pressure at the big events?
Carolina's artistry has really come through in the last two seasons, but her skating looked really clumsy for most of her career IMO. I'm in love with her programs from this year and last, but if I had to make a choice I still prefer Tara's from 98.

SkateBlades17
06-17-2012, 11:24 PM
How about difficulty and ability to skate clean under pressure at the big events?
Carolina's artistry has really come through in the last two seasons, but her skating looked really clumsy for most of her career IMO. I'm in love with her programs from this year and last, but if I had to make a choice I still prefer Tara's from 98.

I agree!

judgejudy27
06-18-2012, 12:35 AM
I voted for Tara from the second round and will do it until she is gone

Carolina does not have very strong spins. She lost Skate America to a splatty Czisny in part since she was outscored by a whopping 5-6 points on spins alone in the LP.

Tara did the hardest programs done by a women in history to that point, other than possibly Midori Ito, and amazingly did them clean repeatedly at age 14-15. Kostner in the year 2012 is doing the jump content the top ladies in the mid 80s used to do, and still rarely doing it cleanly. Tara won events by beating a prime Michelle Kwan repeatedly, and beat a clean Michelle to win Olympic Gold; not to mention overcoming Slutskaya, Chen, Butyrskaya, and others, while Carolina wins a big event finally by beating Alena Leovova and Akiko Suzuki, and one of her career highlights was barely beating a really bad and way past her prime Kwan at the 2005 Worlds.

bartek
06-18-2012, 01:28 AM
Carolina does not have very strong spins. She lost Skate America to a splatty Czisny in part since she was outscored by a whopping 5-6 points on spins alone in the LP.

Tara did the hardest programs done by a women in history to that point, other than possibly Midori Ito, and amazingly did them clean repeatedly at age 14-15. Kostner in the year 2012 is doing the jump content the top ladies in the mid 80s used to do, and still rarely doing it cleanly. Tara won events by beating a prime Michelle Kwan repeatedly, and beat a clean Michelle to win Olympic Gold; not to mention overcoming Slutskaya, Chen, Butyrskaya, and others, while Carolina wins a big event finally by beating Alena Leovova and Akiko Suzuki, and one of her career highlights was barely beating a really bad and way past her prime Kwan at the 2005 Worlds.

Couldn't agree more.

Kostner hasn't even skated a clean long program in her whole career which after all has been lasting for many years. Tara during her very short career skated so many clean free skates that they may, as unbelievable as it sounds, outnumber her flawed ones. Kostner's inconsistency and amount of her total meltdowns is the reason I would vote her off before Ando.

victoriaheidi
06-18-2012, 02:10 AM
You know you spend too much time on FSU when you dream that you got voted off Survivor. Seriously, where in the world did I even come up with that one?!

ChelleC
06-18-2012, 03:34 AM
Voting for Tara again.

skateboy
06-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Voted for Kostner to go.

kwanatic
06-18-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm almost ready for this poll to go...:rolleyes:

Let's move this thing along and get rid of the top 3 vote getters this round. This one person off every 6 days is starting to drag...

Cheylana
06-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Let's move this thing along and get rid of the top 3 vote getters this round. This one person off every 6 days is starting to drag...
Can we shorten the voting period for the next round? Like, maybe to 3-4 days? If an FSUer isn't willing to check in at least that often, then maybe that person doesn't deserve to vote! :P

I'll never understand how Tara can be a stronger champion than Carolina who has better skating skills, bigger jumps, greater spirals and spins.
What is there not to understand? You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but most of what you are saying is mere opinion, not cold hard facts. I agree with judgejudy that Carolina doesn't have better spins than Tara. I also don't think either has the edge on spirals -- both are fine, neither awe-inspiring. For sure Carolina's jumps are bigger than Tara's, but then again Carolina is about 8 inches taller than Tara was when she competed, so that's not so surprising. I'm also not persuaded that Carolina's skating skills are inherently better than Tara's. They were both fast across the ice, and I think Tara had more control than Carolina did until recently.

Carolinas artistry and interpretation is so much better
Again, this is just an opinion, which is not necessarily shared by everyone.

and the presence on the ice as a real lady make her stand over Tara by far
Apples and oranges. Of course Carolina at age 25 is going to look more like a lady than Tara at age 15. How ladylike was Carolina at age 15-17? I'll answer that for you...not very. She was a cute but gawky teenager with loads of potential, which she is now realizing, and a million kudos to her.

kwanatic
06-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Can we shorten the voting period for the next round? Like, maybe to 3-4 days? If an FSUer isn't willing to check in at least that often, then maybe that person doesn't deserve to vote! :P

I second that, Cheylana! :respec: