PDA

View Full Version : Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Ladies ROUND 5

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

dawnie
06-15-2012, 07:07 PM
I was thinking of her emoting off the ice (always in tears for some reason or other....)

Also Butyrskaya. One of my favorite memories of her is stomping out of the K&C in disgust at her marks (in 1997?)

Yes, Miki is quite the :drama:off the ice. Too bad she can't use some of :glamor: during her competition programs!

Hasn't Maria AND Irina stomped out of the K&C numerous times?

judgejudy27
06-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Kostner needs to go now.

Vash01
06-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Yes, Miki is quite the :drama:off the ice. Too bad she can't use some of :glamor: during her competition programs!

Hasn't Maria AND Irina stomped out of the K&C numerous times?

They never "stomped out". A little upset/bewildered/unhappy may be, but they never misbehaved.

Vash01
06-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Voted for Arakawa because she lacked projection.

That's a new one! :lol:

VIETgrlTerifa
06-15-2012, 08:35 PM
That's a new one! :lol:

But she does. Not that she hasn't stepped up to the plate, but to say she's reserved isn't off the mark.

Vash01
06-15-2012, 08:38 PM
There are introverted skaters like Shizuka, and they often get bashed for lacking that outward reach to the audience. However, there have been some really good introverted skaters.... (this calls for a new thread, IMO)

love_skate2011
06-15-2012, 08:48 PM
:sekret: Speedy and his bloc will once again mount a late week voting rampage to save Carolina :lol:

:rofl: Lipinski and Arakawa axed before Kostner :yikes:

skfan
06-15-2012, 08:57 PM
You know, Arakawa is sort of the definition of "one-hit wonder" in that she can only win if she skates to Turandot. Having Nessum Dorma blasting has to help almost anyone even with projection issues.

if this is widely known, when we will see skaters seeking an artistic bandaid switch from east of eden to turandot? :lol:

i would prefer even the jeff beck version of turandot to another hacked up east of eden.

not voting this round because my vote makes no difference. *sigh* this is too much like a real election :rofl:

Mafke
06-15-2012, 09:25 PM
They never "stomped out". A little upset/bewildered/unhappy may be, but they never misbehaved.

Oh lighten up. Compared with most skaters' meek behavior, she stomped off.

It was a nice display of temprament (of the kind I'm completely in favor of). And the case I'm thinking of she really did look teed off (and the Brit Eurosport guys seemed to think she had every right to be). It's when I kind of started to become a fan.

Alex Forrest
06-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Voted for Arakawa because she lacked projection.

Did you ever see Shizuka skate live? Because the first time I saw her skate live was at GPF the year she ended up winning Worlds. I was taken aback by her 'projection' in terms of her power, her edges, her overall skating ability. Cohen was the fave at that competition but Shizuka was twice or thrice the *skater* that Cohen was. (And please don't slam me, I think Cohen is exquisite). I was with a bunch of FSU or the old Skatefans members, and I turned to them and was like "Am I crazy, or does Shizuka Arakawa have killer skills? I get her. She's incredible." No one was on board, but I felt vindicated when she won Worlds that year. I hope she stays on this thread to beat Kwan, which really it will come down to (Kwan that is, not Arakawa).

Vash01
06-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Oh lighten up. Compared with most skaters' meek behavior, she stomped off.
It was a nice display of temprament (of the kind I'm completely in favor of). And the case I'm thinking of she really did look teed off (and the Brit Eurosport guys seemed to think she had every right to be). It's when I kind of started to become a fan.

Who is 'she'?

You can dislike her and find your own explanations of 'stomp' as "compared with most skaters' meek behavior", just don't make it sound like the truth. It's just your biased opinion of a skater.

Triple Butz
06-15-2012, 10:25 PM
:sekret: Speedy and his bloc will once again mount a late week voting rampage to save Carolina :lol:

Considering what the Russian Mafia did to Maria last week, anything is possible :lol:

FunnyBut
06-15-2012, 11:01 PM
You think Ando has a personality?? I was beginning to think that the Japanese had actually created a real skating robot until I watched a few of her exhibitions. .

:rofl: Unfortunately, they gave the robot some limp slouching shoulders to make her look like a 'real' human skater. They must have used Rachael Flatt as their model. Still, I think Caro should have gotten the boot first.

Proustable
06-16-2012, 01:01 AM
I cannot believe that two skaters with as much personality as Ando and Butyrskaya (often wrong-headed but they've got it to spare) got the axe while a skater like Kostner (either stumbling, boring or stumbling and boring is still around....

If Kostner doesn't go this time then it's a poor verdict on the voters.

You think Ando has a personality?? I was beginning to think that the Japanese had actually created a real skating robot until I watched a few of her exhibitions. Still, I thought she would outlast Kostner because she is a much stronger competitor. This is my third vote for Kostner. Hopefully the third time is the charm.

Yeah, Miki fascinates me as a skater. In competition, she's largely a done - a couple solild SPs not withstanding. But her gala skates are always well done.

I love Kostner, and would be thrilled to see her continue. If only because the really tough decisions are coming up.

sk8ingcoach
06-16-2012, 04:42 AM
As much as Carolina is probably my Favourite skater of all time, i can accept that it is her time to go... I was just happy that she made it past Butyrskaya. However i coulod never vote her off, so i voted for Chen Lu as i believe she is the next weakest