PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Watching 'Dallas' on TNT?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

skatesindreams
06-28-2012, 08:11 PM
I did. I'm still enjoying it.
Of course, most of it is "predictable".
However, that's part of what we love, IMO!

Vash01
06-28-2012, 08:32 PM
I fell asleep while watching political news and missed Dallas last night! How awful!:lol:

I feel really bad about this because at 8:45 pm I looked at my watch and thought- just 15 minutes before Dallas! Oh well....

duane
06-28-2012, 09:22 PM
I watched! I actually find the new cast annoying (don't like either choice for John Ross or Christopher), but I SO love the old cast! And I have to say it again...Linda Gray looks HOT!

Latte
06-29-2012, 04:06 PM
I was a big fan of the original Dallas, never missed a episode in all those years, but, I just can't get interested in this new show at all.
By the way, I guessed right who shot JR right from the beginning!
(Giving myself a pat on the back)

AliasJohnDoe
06-29-2012, 04:24 PM
I watched! I actually find the new cast annoying (don't like either choice for John Ross or Christopher), but I SO love the old cast! And I have to say it again...Linda Gray looks HOT!

I watch. But I agree, I think the roles of John Ross and Christopher were miscast. Nothing more than eye candy. I like eye candy, but eye candy that can act. The current actors can't act to save their lives.

But I love that the old cast is part of the show. :swoon:

Oreo
06-29-2012, 04:49 PM
People are mentioning how "old" some of the former Dallas characters look: Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy, Ken Kercheval, etc. What on earth is wrong with looking old?? Is it because the media inundates us with 20 year olds as the norm in the world? If an actor reaches the age of 60, should he or she be removed from public view? I think all these actors look great, and the fact that they're out there working with gray in their hair and lines in their face is a model to emulate. Good for them!

I'm enjoying this new Dallas, and I hope they renew it for another season.

AliasJohnDoe
06-29-2012, 05:00 PM
TNT to air 5-hour "Dallas" marathon (includes new episode at 9pm) on July 4th:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/06/28/tnt-to-air-dallas-marathon-including-all-new-episode-on-july-4/139828/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumb ers%29

skatesindreams
06-29-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm glad that "Dallas" is doing well in the ratings.

PeterG
06-29-2012, 08:17 PM
I think this version is better than the original. Better writing, directing and pacing. Still soap-y, but not so campy over-the-top. Larry Hagman is a force of nature and Linda Gray is much more enjoyable this time around. She needs more screen time.

My favourite is Jordana Brewster as Elena Ramos. I love her! :) And I'm starting to warm to Julie Gonzalo as Rebecca Sutter. As for their male counterparts, I think Josh Henderson as John Ross is a good actor. But his part is written pretty one-note, so there's not so much for him to work with. He is stunning to look at, so I'm not too miffed that his character is not more multi-dimensional. Jesse Metcalfe is adequate.

I keep waiting for Victoria Principal to show up. I googled her and reports say that she has no interest in getting in front of the camera anymore. I'm hoping that's a smokescreen and she will show up in some dramatic fashion, hopefully sooner rather than later! :D

Vash01
06-29-2012, 11:42 PM
I think this version is better than the original. Better writing, directing and pacing. Still soap-y, but not so campy over-the-top. Larry Hagman is a force of nature and Linda Gray is much more enjoyable this time around. She needs more screen time.

My favourite is Jordana Brewster as Elena Ramos. I love her! :) And I'm starting to warm to Julie Gonzalo as Rebecca Sutter. As for their male counterparts, I think Josh Henderson as John Ross is a good actor. But his part is written pretty one-note, so there's not so much for him to work with. He is stunning to look at, so I'm not too miffed that his character is not more multi-dimensional. Jesse Metcalfe is adequate.

I keep waiting for Victoria Principal to show up. I googled her and reports say that she has no interest in getting in front of the camera anymore. I'm hoping that's a smokescreen and she will show up in some dramatic fashion, hopefully sooner rather than later! :D

I still prefer the first 5 years of the older version.

I don't like Jordana at all........Sorry PeterG.

It will be great to see Victoria P. show up. Here is an idea.......

By this time she had married, had a kid, then divorced. She has a son or daughter with her second husband, and she is still in love with Bobby, but alas........Bobby is happily married to Ann, and worse- he is dying. Pam is happy that at least she gets to say goodbye to the only man she truly loved. Her son/daughter decides to stay in Dallas, with his/her half brother Christopher, thus adding yet another character to the soap.

(To be continued..........)

SkateBlades17
06-30-2012, 02:41 AM
Really wish they would bring back Knots Landing also!!

smurfy
06-30-2012, 03:41 AM
Surprisingly I have been enjoyng the show, much more than I thought. Hagman just cracks me up. As each episode passes, I find I am enjoyng John Ross and like the storyline with JR and Elena.
To comments about people seeming old. The original show started in 1978, 34 years ago, and Hagman was much older then than the actors playing John Ross and Christopher, so what should one expect??
I am hoping next week continues the barbecue. They were always entertaining, but we the audience knew others than the family. The show needs more time to start to develop the characters like Jordan Lee, Punk Anderson and Marilee Stone that were great, but seldom seen. We just have to be patient.
And with the good ratings, the show will have the time to get into a good groove and expand the cast and/or have visitors like many listed here.

And I was also 'eww' this week with Lucy and Ray together with their arms around each other. Brings me back to season 1 of the original and they were in the barn loft.

manhn
06-30-2012, 03:42 AM
I enjoy the young cast too. This is one of the few shows where the young and old characters are equally important to the show.

It's not like the first season of Dallas is a masterwork. I mean, the Hillbillies Taking the Womenfolk Hostage episode? Every episode of the new series, thus far, is better than that episode by a large margin.

duane
06-30-2012, 06:13 AM
I still prefer the first 5 years of the older version.
:respec:...Dallas at its best!

The one character that started out strong but whimpered out is Lucy. She began as the tough teenaged, self-centered, sex pot, brat. She had the sex appeal of the young Lana Turner. But then they made her character nice, caring, and boring. And, Charlene Tilton gained weight. Not much, but at 4'11" and being in a show that had the most gorgeous, shapely women in the world (from Linda Gray and Victoria Principal, to the hundreds of actresses who played JR's mistress), Lucy was not only boring but dowdy.

With a return of Pam, I want her and Bobby back together!! I want her to return as a main character (who had fled because she was insecure of her looks after the crash). She attends some kind of ceremony in Christopher's honor, she and Bobby see each other, and it's the beginning of the end of the Ann character. I love the idea of Christopher having half-siblings and the drama they would bring. Cliff would be very close to them because they are his blood and they aren't Ewings!

AliasJohnDoe
06-30-2012, 06:29 PM
TNT gives "Dallas" a second season!!!!
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/06/dallas-and-rizzoli-isles-picked-up-at-tnt.html

TNT's "Dallas" sequel has scored big in the ratings this summer, and the cable channel is rewarding it by ordering a second season.