PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Watching 'Dallas' on TNT?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

manhn
06-21-2012, 05:11 AM
I am just loving this show. I like how much the veteran cast is in the forefront and I am enjoying the new generation a lot. Rebecca is my favourite amongst the young cast. Also, Jesse Metcalfe is a good cryer.

I am still trying to figure out if Bobby has something up his sleeve. I like that he and Anne aren't played stupid.

Also, go Cliff! I always sided with the Barnes, anyway.

skatesindreams
06-21-2012, 03:36 PM
^^^
manhn, I'm with you!

Vash01
06-21-2012, 05:32 PM
I guess this show has a viewer. :)

OMG Ken Kercheval! He and Larry Hagman look like the walking dead! But it's cool seeing JR and Cliff Barnes together again!

I too enjoyed seeing Cliff Barnes again. JR looks REALLY old, like he is John Ross's grandfather, and not father. Bobby also looks VERY old.

I did not enjoy last night's episode as much as the first one. I did not get it why John Ross is blackmailing Rebecca, or what their relationship is (other than sister-in-law). It seems that before this year is over, Christopher will marry Elena.

Holley Calmes
06-21-2012, 06:06 PM
I never was a big Dallas fan originally, although I remember watching it. I just didn't "study" it and forgot about everything I had known.

This version is just cheesey fun. Not very well done-some pretty bad acting, but to me it's worth watching to look at JR's bad boy son. Don't remember the actor's name (I'm sure someone will tell me!) But he is one gorgeous young man!

My husband said, "JR's son looks like the guy on 'Justified.'" And it occured to me that I thought he was beautiful because he indeed has a small resemblance to Timothy Olyphant. Yumsters.

skatesindreams
06-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Bobby also looks VERY old.

Patrick Duffy looks much better in RL.
They've aged him, to make him look "sick".

Larry Hagman has survived cancer and a liver transplant.
I'm glad he's willing/able to be on the show.

duane
06-21-2012, 07:07 PM
I still hope Victoria Principal decides to appear in a few episodes. I'd also like to see Audrey Landers (Afton), Priscilla Presley (Jeanna Wade), and Dusty Farlow!

Susan1
06-21-2012, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE=duane;3599996]I guess this show has a viewer. :)

OMG Ken Kercheval! He and Larry Hagman look like the walking dead!/QUOTE]

No kidding! JR asked Cliff "what happened to your face" or something like that. Cliff should have said something about JR's eyebrows. Man, those things give me a headache!

And what somebody else said about JR looking lie the grandfather instead of the father.

But it's so much soapy fun, I don't care!

skatesindreams
06-21-2012, 07:47 PM
OMG Ken Kercheval!
He and Larry Hagman look like the walking dead!

Ken Kercheval has survived cancer, also.

Vash01
06-21-2012, 11:22 PM
I still hope Victoria Principal decides to appear in a few episodes. I'd also like to see Audrey Landers (Afton), Priscilla Presley (Jeanna Wade), and Dusty Farlow!

I never cared for Priscilla Presley (Jena Wade), but Audrey (Afton) would be nice in the show.

I thought Dusty Farlow (character) died during the old series, but I could be wrong.

I hope April Stevens never appears in this series.

Vash01
06-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Patrick Duffy looks much better in RL.
They've aged him, to make him look "sick".

Larry Hagman has survived cancer and a liver transplant.
I'm glad he's willing/able to be on the show.

Thanks for that information about Larry (also Ken K.).

smurfy
06-22-2012, 02:06 AM
I never cared for Priscilla Presley (Jena Wade), but Audrey (Afton) would be nice in the show.

I thought Dusty Farlow (character) died during the old series, but I could be wrong.

I hope April Stevens never appears in this series.

Dusty never died, but was crippled and did not want to burden Sue Ellen. Of course, in soap world, he did walk again, and married someone else.

April was killed off on her honeymoon with Bobby (by Susan Lucci).

There are so many people that can be brought back, and others that we do not know about, but their connection to someone in the Dallas history, so much to work from.

It was nice seeing Ken K/ Cliff again. But Cliff was notoriously cheap all during the original show, seeing him in the really nice suite just did not match.

manhn
06-22-2012, 03:20 AM
What about Donna? I loved Donna. She had political roots, so maybe an election race between Donna and Sue Ellen?

I read in another forum that Anne reminded them of Donna, and I can totally see that.

smurfy
06-22-2012, 04:30 AM
What about Donna? I loved Donna. She had political roots, so maybe an election race between Donna and Sue Ellen?

I read in another forum that Anne reminded them of Donna, and I can totally see that.

I loved Donna too. She was such a normal, stable intelligent person, and very nice - like her character did not belong in the Dallas universe. I was bummed when she and Ray broke up. And they had a daughter Margaret - another person to show up.
I agree about Anne being like Donna.

I watched the show when it was originally on, and then back in the late 90s saw all seasons in reruns. Now that I am reading stuff on TWOP and here, it is scary how many little details I remember.

skaternum
06-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Dang it, now I'm gonna have to go re-watch the old series. Y'all are making me want to enjoy it all over again.

Susan1
06-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Anybody watch last night? No comments? I'm much more into this new incarnation than I was the old one. I guess cause there just any other prime time soaps on these days. (Waiting for Revenge to return!)

Anyway, I was just coming here to tell anyone who has been watching the new Dallas that there seems to be some kind of Dallas page on Facebook that includes a timeline of what happened from the last episode till the new series. Written by JR. It's hysterical (and fills in a lot of gaps) and sounds just like JR would talk.

Someone posted the entries on the Primetime Soap - Dallas forum on Soap Central (where I go to read posts about reruns of All My Children on Soapnet) or people who don't do Facebook if anyone wants to read them.

Forgot to mention - April 2, 2009, JR went out to Calilfornia to visit Gary and Val. They're still together? Well, they've probably been married and divorced about 5 more times by now! LOL