PDA

View Full Version : Laundry Question

Pages : [1] 2

Garden Kitty
06-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Do you wash new clothes and sheets before using them the first time? We discussed this at work, and some people thought it was totally wasteful to wash first and others were horrified that people wouldn't wash first. Others were just concerned that the chemicals used to process things would irritate their skin.

IceAlisa
06-13-2012, 09:53 PM
I used to wash Mini Ice's new clothes and bedding when he was an infant. But generally, no.

soxxy
06-13-2012, 09:56 PM
No, although I had a red shirt once that kind of rubbed off on my undershirt. Color safe? Not color safe?

KikiSashaFan
06-13-2012, 09:58 PM
I wash sheets if they come wrapped in plastic because it gives them a funky smell until they're washed. I don't usually wash clothes though.

Jenny
06-13-2012, 10:03 PM
How is it wasteful if you throw new linens or clothes in with a load you are already doing anyway?

milanessa
06-13-2012, 10:10 PM
How is it wasteful if you throw new linens or clothes in with a load you are already doing anyway?

My bed linens pretty much take up a whole load.

My husband has very sensitive skin so I wash anything new he might come into contact with before using it. If it was just me I probably wouldn't bother.

my little pony
06-13-2012, 10:10 PM
i wash everything first. i have no idea where it has been, who tried it on first etc

vesperholly
06-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Shirts and pants I don't typically wash before wearing. If I bought them used or they came in a plastic bag so they have a smell, I will.

Bras and underpants, yes, always. :scream:

Cachoo
06-13-2012, 10:57 PM
sheets--always, clothing--sometimes

Rob
06-13-2012, 11:51 PM
sheets yes, clothes no, undergarments, sometimes - not from online; yes if they come from a store.

Anita18
06-13-2012, 11:54 PM
My bed linens pretty much take up a whole load.

My husband has very sensitive skin so I wash anything new he might come into contact with before using it. If it was just me I probably wouldn't bother.
Yeah, that's one reason I'd do it. Or anything that came from a secondhand store. You just don't know when it last was washed. :lol:

HisWeirness
06-13-2012, 11:55 PM
I wash before wear/using the following: sheets, towels, underwear.

I believe the towels I purchased recently said on the packaging to wash them before using.

Marilou
06-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Clothes - generally not. Sheets - my husband insists.

maatTheViking
06-14-2012, 01:36 AM
I voted no but - I generally wash mini-vikings clothes, and sheets.
I wash clothes if they smell 'chemical' - to get leftover dyes and other irritants out.
I am too impatient to wash my own clothes, I want to wear new stuff NOW!

nerdycool
06-14-2012, 02:22 AM
i wash everything first. i have no idea where it has been, who tried it on first etcThis is me. I never used to wash new clothes, but I'm finding as I get older that I'm more sensitive to smells than I used to be. So it bugs the heck out of me when my new shirt smells like it lived in a warehouse for a while, or that horrible skunky smell that now permeates darker-wash jeans. And if I bought something in-store, I assume someone else has already tried it on, and who knows how clean that person was?