PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Century Link?

Vash01
06-13-2012, 07:59 AM
I keep seeing the Century Link ads on TV- each with a different toll free number.

I believe CL used to be Qwest. I was thinking of switching over from Cox cable to Qwest when I discovered it is now Century Link. I have my TV cable, internet and phone all on Cox Communications, but I am very unhappy about the fact that they keep raising the rates. I am trying to find out if CL would save me money without losing quality.

Does anyone have experience with Century Link? I don't believe they would give me all three, like Cox. I may have to take 2 out of 3 (not sure which ones), and retain Cox for the third service.

Sparks
06-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Yes. I got CL with my new DirecTV (because I needed Universal Sports and high speed internet). It is all bundled, but I know you can ask for separate billing.

barbk
06-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Switched from Qwest (now Century Link) about three years ago to Comcast. We had a lot of problems with Qwest service, and their customer support always insisted it must be our software or our equipment; they didn't like Macs, or networking, or wifi. I changed services when one of their reps tried to get me to delete an essential dll on the off-chance that it might be the cause of the problem. Comcast seems to be a lot more up-front about service interruptions that are their fault, and a quick modem reset resolves most local problems. We run Windows, macs, a network & wi fi, and as far as Mr. Barbk & I are concerned, Century Link could offer to give us free service for a year and we wouldn't take it. I'd suggest you try and find some folks in your neighborhood using it with a setup (networking, wifi) something like yours and just make sure that the service is up to par.

Vash01
06-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the info.

We don't have comcast where I live, unfortunately. I am really unhappy with Cox because of their high rates.