PDA

View Full Version : I wish there were more compassionate people

Gazpacho
06-13-2012, 05:48 AM
And I wish the ones who aren't compassionate wouldn't be so righteous and/or proud of their attitude.

:(

Anita18
06-13-2012, 06:56 AM
Compassionate people ARE out there Gazpacho...it's the righteous selfish ones who call the most attention to themselves. :)

((HUGS))

essence_of_soy
06-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Hate to tell you, luv.

The meek shall not inherit the Earth. They were fed up and left in the last space shuttle.

Alex Forrest
06-13-2012, 07:50 AM
Please reach out to your friends and you will find them. There are some who are limitless with their compassion. I'm sorry you are feeling this way. Just find the right people, it is amazing.

[...] But there ARE people who get so much out of giving and helping. If I had it my way, Christmas/Hannukah in my family would be getting my gifts in cash two weeks early so I could buy family members more presents. I feel better seeing someone happy with something they need then me pretending to be happy for yet another X, Y or Z.

But keep your chin up. There are so many people who want to just live in peace and happiness and want to see other's peace and happiness. And feel free to post more. I wish I could help.

Admin Edit: Bringing up PMs on the board is against the rules.

Vash01
06-13-2012, 07:54 AM
I wish that too Gazpacho. When I see cruelty of some humans toward others (humans or animals), it hurts. However, I have also seen acts of unbelievable kindness toward total strangers. All is not lost. Cheer up.

Japanfan
06-13-2012, 08:38 AM
And I wish the ones who aren't compassionate wouldn't be so righteous and/or proud of their attitude.

There a lot of such people around Gazpacho. Compassion isn't a highly valued quality. Just be careful about sharing information with people when you want compassion in return. Sometimes you're just not going to get it, so don't put yourself in a vulnerable position.

I tend to be very judgmental and have learned that it is important to put those judgments aside sometimes and walk a mile in another person's shoes. Sometime, I find compassion within me, but I confess, not always.

I am not feeling very compassionate at the moment because homeless guy we have helped for years (give him all of our cans and bottles) is once again using our back yard as a place to horde his junk. His junk stays there forever and it is a real eyesore. Our landlord has complained about the mess in the past and he's been told innumerable times not to use the backyard as a locker room. But he doesn't listen, is probably on one drug or another. I ask myself who wouldn't be, with his life (native, adopted, all sorts of 'barriers to health') but it doesn't make me take having his junk here any more kindly.

I told him a week ago that he had one week to clear out the junk or I would do it for him. Tonight I enjoyed discreetly dumping some of his stuff. The next step is to tell him that depositing his junk = no cans and bottles.

Alex Forrest
06-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Gaz, what is bothering you? Do you feel comfortable sharing? You can PM me if you feel uncomfortable. I am a problem solver. And absolutely don't go with the herd, especially if it is a bullying one. Hope you are better tonight.

Maofan7
06-13-2012, 11:57 AM
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Mahatma Gandhi

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

Keep the faith, keep going, as something always turns up eventually to change matters for the better, often in the most unexpected of ways.

Wiery
06-13-2012, 04:12 PM
{{{HUGS}}} There are compassionate people, sometimes it's just hard to find them. I"m sorry you're having a rough time.

Garden Kitty
06-13-2012, 04:22 PM
If nothing else, at least these people have shown their true colors and you won't need to waste your time and energy on them in the future. Hope things look up for you soon.

taf2002
06-13-2012, 04:29 PM

I think there are a lot of compassionate people. Any time there are articles about an injured person or even an animal, or someone who is treated unfairly, there are a lot of responses from people who have their hearts in the right place. But in this day & age of so many scams, esp internet scams, it's not surprising if people have become cautious. And unfortunately, some of the people who are outwardly compassionate end up parading their good works for all to see. I was taught that when you do that, you are "taking something back for yourself". Yes, you gave, but you also made sure the world knew about how saintly you are. I don't blame you that you are disgusted by that.

centerstage01
06-13-2012, 11:22 PM
I think that, innately, people are compassionate. But most times it takes a tragedy on a huge scale to know that. It's unfortunate that we don't show that same compassion every day. I know that I live in my own bubble most of the time and if someone reaches out to me, I try as hard as I can to help, but don't notice when someone needs it but doesn't know how to ask. It's something I need to work on.

That said, I do have days where I'm convinced people suck and want to go live on a deserted island just so I can get away from the bloodthirsty desires to smack individuals in the face. With a brick.

Bournekraatzfan
06-14-2012, 08:35 PM
(((Gazpacho)))
People can really be awful sometimes. I really hope things start going better for you.

Gazpacho
06-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Thank you for all the support. Sometimes I feel that this is the only place I can get support because the anonymity allows me to be open.

taf2002, I both agree and disagree with you. I too roll my eyes when donors donate a little and then make a big fuss about it. Companies are the worst in this regard. Sometimes they spend more money publicizing the good deed than on the actual good deed!!

At the same time, especially for individuals, I don't really mind them telling others they did something good. First, if they wouldn't donate without telling people, then what's the hurt? The recipient is still getting help, and the donor feels good. Second, by publicizing their donation, they can spark other people to donate by bringing awareness or by creating peer pressure to do a good thing.

By the way, taf2002, I said, I wish people who aren't compassionate.... I think you may have misread that.