PDA

View Full Version : Shpilband/Zoueva Split Aftermath: What Happens Next?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Ziggy
06-13-2012, 10:32 AM
"My experience in Canton has been nothing but positive"

among all the PR formulas, this is the worst one!

'Marina is an ugly witch and there were few things more annoying than having to train with Virtue/Moir and Davis/White whose arrogance has increased exponentially ever since they started winning World medals, to the point where I was very close to mutilating their genitals with my own blades.'

Why don't they ever say anything like that? *sulks*

It's interesting that Chock and Bates decided to move with him. I think it might work to their advantage as they'll probably get more individual attention without the other, stronger teams like V/M and D/W around.

Yep. Hence moving with Igor was a no brainer for them. They'd be Marina's fifth rate team but they'll have Igor's full focus, at least until other skaters start flocking to him. ;)

Just responding to the sibling thing, I have heard it from several officials and coaches that sibling teams don't feel right at a certain age.

Again, I am not saying that such sentiments don't exist but look at Kerrs.

They were a team which was extremely limited technically. Both in terms of their basics and in terms of the technical elements (did they ever perform their twizzles cleanly? :P).

But since they continued to show interesting, creative and voidy programs, that they've always interpreted and sold really well, they've managed to achieve results far far beyond what a team at their technical level ever normally would.

Shibs' main problem isn't being siblings. It's having no range. Cutesy-pootsy, Nickelodeon-themed programs are the only thing they can do. If at least those programs were voidy and exciting but Marina's choreography... :wall:

I mean they are both adults now. Their man-child look is just creepy. :scream:

pani
06-13-2012, 11:57 AM
The funny thing is i think Zoueva did best FD in her group for C-B last season :P
Feel bad for Zoueva now, becasue she made for all this teams choreo (maybe before WCh) and they left her.

SLIVER
06-13-2012, 01:41 PM
I think Shakira and Stagniunas are going with him too, not 100% sure though...

arakwafan2006
06-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Had to google skating club of Novi...not much on their site. Can anyone tell us more about the rink, club, geographic location?

If you were in Detroit proper, Novi is about 25 mins away. The Novi rink actually could be considered a halfway point between Arctic Edge and Detroit Skating Club although Novi is actually closer to Canton. To be honest, the Arctic Edge is not a super duper club being that it has 2 skating surfaces and neither are Olympic sized.

BlueRidge
06-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Well wasn't everyone saying Madison was Igor's fave?:lol:

Not everyone. :lol:

I'm so glad C&B are following Igor. Of course its the obvious thing, but glad he's already got a new rink and they are there. This should be very good for them. :cheer:

I wrote for the Sports section of my college newspaper. Is that experience enough? :cool:

Yes! They should hire you. :D

skatemommy
06-13-2012, 02:27 PM
^ this is Hockeytown (state). They don't like Oly size rinks...screws up the passing plays so I'm told.

MarieM
06-13-2012, 03:03 PM

Shakira ??? Who the hell do you nickname Shakira ? :rofl: Tobias ??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cherub721
06-13-2012, 03:11 PM
I think it's based on Tobias' OD music and hair from this year. :lol:

allezfred
06-13-2012, 03:17 PM
I propose that they officially change that Shakira & Stagniunas is what they are called from now on. Or Shaki & Stags.

casken
06-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Really happy to hear that C&B are going with Shpilband.

I never thought I would ever be saying this, but here it is. I'm rooting for Shpilband. :lol:

Yes, we'll never know the 100% story, but if people can create heroes and villains based on the sketchy details of a pairs or dance breakup, I can do it for the coaches. :P

Zueva totally f*cked this up to epic proportions. I'm still genuinely amazed she thought she could just send the skaters on vacay and have some official inform Igor to GTFO. I believe Shpilband when he hints that she wanted him gone for a while, he just figured that they achieved enough success together that he would make it to Sochi. She just saw an opportunity and jumped at it, without caring what the fall out would be. What balls. :lol:

And while I thank Marina for her creating such for juicy off season drama, I'm 100% team Igor.

I hope R&T and C&L do wind up going and staying with him. Having two top 10 teams, and another that could be (C&B), already puts him over other coaches like Linichuk (Carron and Jones lol), and Zazoui. I bet a bunch of teams would consider going to him to improve their tech. He could have a full house very quickly.

ioana
06-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Shibs' main problem isn't being siblings. It's having no range. Cutesy-pootsy, Nickelodeon-themed programs are the only thing they can do. If at least those programs were voidy and exciting but Marina's choreography... :wall:

I mean they are both adults now. Their man-child look is just creepy. :scream:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't their parents very strict -and still have rules for Maya not going on 1-1 dates, but only as a group or chaperoned? I seem to remember their mother being, erm, very involved in their daily training regime as well. So, in that sense being siblings is a problem --since they're both under the same over-protective bubble. It's hard to come up with voidy programs -or even interpret them appropriately when your real world experience is limited to the occasional college football game outing.

TanithandBenFan
06-13-2012, 03:42 PM
The funny thing is i think Zoueva did best FD in her group for C-B last season :P
Feel bad for Zoueva now, becasue she made for all this teams choreo (maybe before WCh) and they left her.

How do you know Marina gets all the credit for C/B's FD last season?

Only one team has left so far. :confused: The last person I'd feel bad for in all this mess is Marina.

literaryfreak
06-13-2012, 03:44 PM
I thought Igor choreographed C/B's FD last year, it looks like his style. Does it say otherwise in an article somewhere?

shah
06-13-2012, 03:52 PM

I think Tobias gained a new nickname on FSU :D!

pani
06-13-2012, 03:57 PM
How do you know Marina gets all the credit for C/B's FD last season?

Only one team has left so far. :confused: The last person I'd feel bad for in all this mess is Marina.

I am not sure what is "Shpilband" chore-style. Butwill see next season :)
What he did with B-A and Wing-Lowe? I dont like this style.
I remeber in Finlandia Chock talked about how Marina found this music for FD.