PDA

View Full Version : Shpilband/Zoueva Split Aftermath: What Happens Next?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Dragonlady
07-24-2012, 09:00 PM
You may be confusing his comments with TAT's earlier in the season about them having too much of a break over the summer before the 2010-11 season, but as I said before, that was largely due to Nikita's back problems.

No, I'm not confusing anything. Zhulin gave an interview wherein he said they went on vacation after Worlds was cancelled. He seemed absolutely disgusted by this. I am aware of TAT's comments at the beginning of the season and she blamed Zhulin for not booking enough ice time for his teams. At that point Zhulin initially floated the idea that the team wasn't working hard enough.

Why do you find this so hard to believe when they did the same thing this season and didn't practice for the World Team Trophy?

AJ Skatefan
07-24-2012, 09:22 PM
No, I'm not confusing anything. Zhulin gave an interview wherein he said they went on vacation after Worlds was cancelled. He seemed absolutely disgusted by this. I am aware of TAT's comments at the beginning of the season and she blamed Zhulin for not booking enough ice time for his teams. At that point Zhulin initially floated the idea that the team wasn't working hard enough.

Why do you find this so hard to believe when they did the same thing this season and didn't practice for the World Team Trophy?

Maybe it would help if you found a link to the exact interview, Dragonlady.

hanca
07-24-2012, 09:23 PM

It seems to me that Zhulin was far too keen to blame anyone else when he started spreading himself too thin and did not have enough time to give them. I think the question should be, why are you so keen to believe Zhulin rather than believing the skaters who explained that they did not have very good working conditions?

Dragonlady
07-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Maybe it would help if you found a link to the exact interview, Dragonlady.

I don't have access to the archives to do so.

When Zhulin initially complained about I&K's lack of work ethic, I thought he was making excuses for himself. TAT said they lacked sufficient ice time and I tended to believe her, but when the team went on vacation before Moscow Worlds, I started to believe that the work ethic issue might be the reason why they've shown no significant improvement since they moved to seniors. That they did the same thing this season, pretty much confirms it.

I don't see I&K getting better at the pace of say D&W or V&M who worked their butts off when they got to seniors, and continue to do so. I don't think I&K have improved significantly since they first moved to seniors. The only reason they beat B&S at Worlds was because B&S had the worst programs I've ever seen them skate.

Marta24
07-24-2012, 09:37 PM
P&B never complained about lack of ice time and they improved a lot with Zhulin's help.

AJ Skatefan
07-24-2012, 10:01 PM
I don't have access to the archives to do so.

When Zhulin initially complained about I&K's lack of work ethic, I thought he was making excuses for himself. TAT said they lacked sufficient ice time and I tended to believe her, but when the team went on vacation before Moscow Worlds, I started to believe that the work ethic issue might be the reason why they've shown no significant improvement since they moved to seniors. That they did the same thing this season, pretty much confirms it.

I don't see I&K getting better at the pace of say D&W or V&M who worked their butts off when they got to seniors, and continue to do so. I don't think I&K have improved significantly since they first moved to seniors. The only reason they beat B&S at Worlds was because B&S had the worst programs I've ever seen them skate.

Maybe you're referring to this:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78787&page=5

Dragonlady
07-24-2012, 10:22 PM
Maybe you're referring to this:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78787&page=5

No. This is not it.

Susan M
07-24-2012, 10:59 PM
I just read all the posts from the last couple pages of this thread and don't understand where this discussion has gone. Does any of this relate to Shpilband-Zueva? It seems mostly to be about criticizing/defending I-K, who, last I heard, train in Russia. Are they coming to Michigan?

AJ Skatefan
07-25-2012, 12:03 AM
I just read all the posts from the last couple pages of this thread and don't understand where this discussion has gone. Does any of this relate to Shpilband-Zueva? It seems mostly to be about criticizing/defending I-K, who, last I heard, train in Russia. Are they coming to Michigan?

These are all good questions. Typical FSU thread drift.

AJ Skatefan
07-25-2012, 12:05 AM
No. This is not it.

Now I'm really curious....

:watch:

Macassar88
07-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Well Elena used to train with them

Dragonlady
07-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Now I'm really curious....

:watch:

It was not in the any I&K thread, it was in a general discussion thread on the move to Moscow, like who would benefit most from the delay or something like that.

dots
07-25-2012, 02:27 AM
All this talk about I & K :blah: those two peaked @ 5th place and it's downhill from here on! :P

Serious OTT going there.

(Chock & Babs)

A match made in heaven!! :inavoid:

TwizzlerS
07-25-2012, 03:07 AM
I don't understand how Barbara F-P is joining Igor S but will not leave Italy. Will she use Skype?

oleada
07-25-2012, 03:16 AM
I don't understand how Barbara F-P is joining Igor S but will not leave Italy. Will she use Skype?
I imagine she will join them for a time and return to Italy.