PDA

View Full Version : Shpilband/Zoueva Split Aftermath: What Happens Next?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Marta24
07-22-2012, 09:04 PM
For who asked
Ryazanova is working with Igor too !
So it seems he got a good nr of skaters with him
FusarPoli will stay only for August with her couples, that will go back to Milan with her. No one is planning to stay in Novi besides for this summer cump.

It's great that Riazanova/Tkachenko are working with Shpilband. I personally like them much more than I/K. I think he is really going to help them,especially with their steps, they really struggled last year with those. Maybe with the improvement they make,they have at least the possibility to become #2 in Russia.:)

Macassar88
07-22-2012, 09:57 PM
It's great that Riazanova/Tkachenko are working with Shpilband. I personally like them much more than I/K. I think he is really going to help them,especially with their steps, they really struggled last year with those. Maybe with the improvement they make,they have at least the possibility to become #2 in Russia.:)

I think there's a definitely possibility of Bobrova and Soloviev and Riazonova and Tkachenko passing Ilinykh an Katsalapov. Both of the aforementioned teams are making changes and working hard whereas Ilinykh and Katsalapov are being lazy (in comparison to other dance teams)

shan
07-22-2012, 10:00 PM
I think there's a definitely possibility of Bobrova and Soloviev and Riazonova and Tkachenko passing Ilinykh an Katsalapov. Both of the aforementioned teams are making changes and working hard whereas Ilinykh and Katsalapov are being lazy (in comparison to other dance teams)

Did I miss reports about how I/K's training is going?

robinhood
07-22-2012, 10:03 PM
^^I'm confused too. why are they lazy?

pingu
07-22-2012, 10:13 PM
English version of the ArtOnIce article:
http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/12066

Cherub721
07-22-2012, 10:13 PM
There haven't been any reports of I&K's training this summer, so I assume that the reference to being lazy is related to the 2011-12 season. And I do agree that if they rest on their laurels as they have been prone to do, they could find themselves as Russian #3 (or worse, with all the good juniors coming up).

Marta24
07-22-2012, 10:18 PM
There haven't been any reports of I&K's training this summer, so I assume that the reference to being lazy is related to the 2011-12 season. And I do agree that if they rest on their laurels as they have been prone to do, they could find themselves as Russian #3 (or worse, with all the good juniors coming up).

I don't understand why they aren't motivated to work hard. I mean, they are not my favorites, but everyone can see that they have all what is needed to succeed in Ice Dance. On top of that they have the chance to win an Olympic medal at home. If I would be in their position, I would work as much as I could.

hanca
07-22-2012, 10:20 PM
I don't think they are lazy. They did end up at as the top Russian team at worlds, and as second Russian team at Europeans. If they were so lazy, they wouldn't have those results.

eleonorad
07-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Barbara will work with Igor: http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/12066

Macassar88
07-22-2012, 11:00 PM

This is basically what I was talking about. Also I feel like they tried to take shortcuts like moving to Morozov that may give them better short term results but hurt them long term.

Macassar88
07-22-2012, 11:03 PM
I don't understand why they aren't motivated to work hard. I mean, they are not my favorites, but everyone can see that they have all what is needed to succeed in Ice Dance. On top of that they have the chance to win an Olympic medal at home. If I would be in their position, I would work as much as I could.

I think a big part of it was them being touted as OGM favorites in 2011 because of their talent. They took it to heart and didn't work as hard as they could and then didn't get the results they were expected to. It could also just be that they're teenagers and most teenagers can be lazy.

Jammers
07-23-2012, 12:48 AM

A lot of teams will have to fail for I/k to hope to have a chance to medal at Sochi. Right now they aren't even top 6 in the world.

UMBS Go Blue
07-23-2012, 01:40 AM
Isn't Ilinykh getting quite a... workout these days? :saint:

allezfred
07-23-2012, 10:05 AM
A lot of teams will have to fail for I/k to hope to have a chance to medal at Sochi. Right now they aren't even top 6 in the world.

You might want to check your facts before you post (http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2012/CAT008RS.HTM) :shuffle:

Macassar88
07-23-2012, 02:04 PM
You might want to check your facts before you post (http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2012/CAT008RS.HTM) :shuffle:

Maybe the poster doesn't believe that they will or should be top 6 in the world anymore?