PDA

View Full Version : Shpilband/Zoueva Split Aftermath: What Happens Next?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

lmarie086
07-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Oh this is REALLY good news, I think. Marina was pure ballerina in everything she did. She will definitely help with the style, movement and point or Igor's dancers - in fact just what they need IMO.

WTH are D/W thinking staying with Zueva???? this new Sphilband/Klimova combination sounds like just what they need.

:wuzrobbed: I've been wanting D/W to work with Klimova forever. I think working with her would be awesome. She could really help D/W finish their moves with more extension and toe point.

I'm still holding out hope that D/W will move to Igor, if not this year then at least for the Olympics!

Rafter
07-17-2012, 06:07 PM
If Meryl is dating Fedor, I'd be surprised if they left Marina Z.

Are Klimova & Ponomorenko still married? Can't imagine she'd want to move from California to suburban Detroit.

Any news on where Riazanova & Tkachenko ended up? Marina or Igor?

cruisin
07-17-2012, 08:50 PM
If Meryl is dating Fedor, I'd be surprised if they left Marina Z.

Are Klimova & Ponomorenko still married? Can't imagine she'd want to move from California to suburban Detroit.

Any news on where Riazanova & Tkachenko ended up? Marina or Igor?

As far as I know they're still married. Personally, I thought they were magic when they skated. But they have not had great success with their skaters. Maybe because of where they teach? Marina is so quiet and gentle, would she be a good match for Igor?

Subway
07-20-2012, 06:59 PM
So Igor brought in Marina Klimova to handle some of the finer points. I bet it would be easier for her to take Zoueva's job alongside Igor than it will be for Zoueva to find a new "Igor." I think it's exactly the opposite.

Marta24
07-22-2012, 07:04 PM
At artonice.it it was published that Igor Shpilband asked Barbara Fusar-Poli to join him at Novi. She said that she will join his group in August but won't leave Italy completely.

l'etoile
07-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the info. It's good to know that he's in the process of putting things in the place:)

mollymgr
07-22-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm sorry if this has been posted before. Barbara is their coach. It probably has something to do with this.
http://www.ice-dance.com/news/general-articles-announcements/1374-kolbe-caruso-reunite

l'etoile
07-22-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm sorry if this has been posted before. Barbara is their coach. It probably has something to do with this.
http://www.ice-dance.com/news/general-articles-announcements/1374-kolbe-caruso-reunite

Thanks for the link! Slightly OT though, did they make a decision on where their training camp would be? I read the article/announcement on that link but it's not clear.

Debbie S
07-22-2012, 07:54 PM
http://www.ice-dance.com/news/general-articles-announcements/1374-kolbe-caruso-reuniteOK, so Barbara will only be in Novi with the German team? And I guess maybe doing some work with Igor's other teams while she's there? But it's only short-term?

Karpenko
07-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Babs and Klimova joining Igor. Babs and Klimova. You just can't go wrong, can you?? And if you do go wrong, Babs will stare the "right" back into you.

Cherub721
07-22-2012, 07:59 PM
At artonice.it it was published that Igor Shpilband asked Barbara Fusar-Poli to join him at Novi. She said that she will join his group in August but won't leave Italy completely.

Like I posted earlier... great divas of the 90s :kickass:

kwanfan1818
07-22-2012, 08:00 PM

That's all kinds of awesome.

l'etoile
07-22-2012, 08:07 PM
OK, so Barbara will only be in Novi with the German team? And I guess maybe doing some work with Igor's other teams while she's there? But it's only short-term?

That's how I understand. But I thought Kolbe/Caruso had previously broken up due to conflicts on deciding the training base whether it be in German or Italy. Now will they go to completely different site, say Detroit? I think that's why Barbara is saying that her stay is not a "complete" stay.

Like I posted earlier... great divas of the 90s :kickass:
Pasha would be soooo :kickass:

Marta24
07-22-2012, 08:19 PM
She will go with her German team, that reteamed last week or so, to Novi, but she doesn't want to leave Milan. She also confirmed in the article that her and Igor will work together in the future.

I think what Shpilband is doing now is great. He gives his teams the opportunity to work with amazing ice dancers from the past, without even having to leave their rink.

tut88
07-22-2012, 08:54 PM
For who asked
Ryazanova is working with Igor too !
So it seems he got a good nr of skaters with him
FusarPoli will stay only for August with her couples, that will go back to Milan with her. No one is planning to stay in Novi besides for this summer cump.