PDA

View Full Version : ISU Congress

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

drfj
06-12-2012, 12:34 PM
The next ISU election will take place in four years.The Members voted for the Council's proposal.So Speedy is 4 years more ISU president

sezam
06-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks, drfj, for the info.
Any other interesting news?

allezfred
06-12-2012, 02:06 PM
The next ISU election will take place in four years.The Members voted for the Council's proposal.So Speedy is 4 years more ISU president

Well, when they looked at the alternatives it's not surprising. :slinkaway

drfj
06-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Well, when they looked at the alternatives it's not surprising. :slinkaway

you do not have alternates at the moment the original election should be in 2 years,now it will be in 4 years

RunnersHigh
06-12-2012, 03:28 PM
4 more years? :slinkaway

allezfred
06-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Preliminaries are gone.

drfj
06-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Preliminaries are gone.

yes,that is a good new

sezam
06-13-2012, 08:57 AM
yes,that is a good new
And now all 50+ single skaters will skate short program?

l'etoile
06-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Preliminaries are gone.

That's a bit disappointing. Even though it burdened skaters much, I was quite enjoying the thrill of who's gonna go in or out. Well for the skaters' sake, of course, it's a good thing.

elfenblüte
06-13-2012, 09:35 AM
That's a bit disappointing. Even though it burdened skaters much, I was quite enjoying the thrill of who's gonna go in or out. Well for the skaters' sake, of course, it's a good thing.

For me too, I think it was also more enjoyable for the skaters to do a 4 minutes program with much more personality instead of a program which is only 2,50 minutes long.

allezfred
06-13-2012, 09:37 AM
I thought the preliminaries were a good thing, but a lot of the federations weren't happy if their skaters didn't participate in the "main" part of Worlds for various reasons.

Ziggy
06-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Preliminaries meant that a lot of skaters weren't able to 'really compete' at Worlds, there was often no way of watching them at all (even online) and they were totally unfair because you got some weak skaters directly qualifying because of the result of their better teammates.

Also, SP/SD is much better at showing skaters' technical prowess. It's much more brutal with mistakes penalised more.

THANK HEAVENS the preliminary rounds are gone. :cheer:

Any other news?

What about Junior skaters not being able to do Junior any more after having done Senior events twice (IIRC)?

And what about 14 year olds not being able to do GP any more?

Asli
06-13-2012, 01:34 PM
The fact that preliminaries are gone is good news for all federations that don't consistently have strong skaters, i.e. for all ISU members except for 6-7.

Therefore it is not a surprise that the vote has gone the way it has. ;)

allezfred
06-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Preliminaries meant that a lot of skaters weren't able to 'really compete' at Worlds, there was often no way of watching them at all (even online) and they were totally unfair because you got some weak skaters directly qualifying because of the result of their better teammates.

Also, SP/SD is much better at showing skaters' technical prowess. It's much more brutal with mistakes penalised more.

THANK HEAVENS the preliminary rounds are gone. :cheer:

Yeah, I wouldn't cheer so much Ziggy. Nobody is going to want to hold Worlds as is because of the expense so the ISU will find another way to cut numbers. We might look back on preliminaries with fondness yet.

I quite like the preliminaries for the ladies and men because it meant we could have a few extra hours in bed the morning of the short. :P

Any other news?

What about Junior skaters not being able to do Junior any more after having done Senior events twice (IIRC)?

And what about 14 year olds not being able to do GP any more?

Congress goes on for another two days so no doubt the above will be gotten around to at some point.

drfj
06-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't cheer so much Ziggy. Nobody is going to want to hold Worlds as is because of the expense so the ISU will find another way to cut numbers. We might look back on preliminaries with fondness yet.

I quite like the preliminaries for the ladies and men because it meant we could have a few extra hours in bed the morning of the short. :P

Congress goes on for another two days so no doubt the above will be gotten around to at some point.

The other way is by the ISU to cut the numbers ,is to fix a high minimum score to take part in the Championships.And this is not a very good thing for the small federations.