PDA

View Full Version : TRUE BLOOD Discussion -- Fifth Time's The Charm?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

flutzilla1
07-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Okay, Nora needs to be staked. Like, yesterday. Her nastiness towards Godric was the last straw for me. Seriously, does ANYONE like this character? All I do is yell at the TV when she is on....:mad: :scream:

Anyone else think the vamp that killed Sookie's parents was Bill? After last night's ep, I think his character is quickly becoming beyond redemption. It is nice however to see that Eric is being portrayed as the good guy for a change.

Pam and Tara bonding = :rofl:

flutzilla1
07-30-2012, 03:13 PM
I was lucky enough to be at Comic Con and managed to get to attend the autograph session (not many people did). And I can say that without a doubt, Alex was the friendliest of the cast.

Thanks for your ComicCon report! It sounds like it was a blast. So jealous of you as both Alex AND Richard Armitage were both in attendance....;)

pixie cut
07-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Okay, Nora needs to be staked. Like, yesterday. Her nastiness towards Godric was the last straw for me. Seriously, does ANYONE like this character? All I do is yell at the TV when she is on....:mad: :scream:

Anyone else think the vamp that killed Sookie's parents was Bill? After last night's ep, I think his character is quickly becoming beyond redemption. It is nice however to see that Eric is being portrayed as the good guy for a change.

Pam and Tara bonding = :rofl:

Nora is an obnoxious character. I don't see her lasting past this season unless they write her some big redemption, but that doesn't seem likely. I'm thinking Eric's going to stake her to save Sookie or something like that.

The indicators certainly point toward Bill being the one who killed Sookie's parents. Even the name Claudine said, Walour or something along those lines, sounded like it could be William. We know Bill was living in Louisiana for 30 years before he returned to Bon Temps and he was a procurer for the queen. It almost seems too obvious, especially given AB's love of the Bill/Sookie pairing. So I'm thinking it was Russell and Sookie will have her moment of vengeance. We'll see. Maybe that will be the cliffhanger, we discover who killed Sookie's parents and that person is about to get Sookie.

BigB08822
07-30-2012, 07:10 PM
I seriously doubt it was Bill. That would be an obvious shock but wouldn't Bill have recognized her the moment he ran into her as an adult? If the smell of her blood is so unique then I think he would have known. Also, if that weird bathroom scene was real and not just in Sookie's head then the vampire is out to get her and Bill would never do that. I have a feeling it will be someone totally new who will be a big bad villain and get killed off quickly enough, unelss they save him for a big season finale cliff hanger and carry it over into next season.

The episode, as a whole, was really really corny. I watched the last 2 weeks and both were quite awful. The hate group meeting was just so ridiculous. I know the show tries to be funny but that was lame. I'd prefer drama to total cheese.

pixie cut
07-30-2012, 07:50 PM
We're two thirds done with this season and I feel like nothing has really happened. I'm disappointed. They could at least have made the pack master contest into something exciting.

screech
08-01-2012, 06:09 PM
I think I had read somewhere that there's a vampire named Waldo joining the show, who will be taking over the role of Sheriff of Area Five. And in the books a vampire named Waldo kills Hadley (and was Sophie-Anne's child).

I honestly have no idea what show I'm watching anymore. After last week I seriously just sat in silence for a moment before shouting 'what the **** was that?' to the TV.

And I'm curious... did Eric hang around the Karaoke massacre post-Godric until they all finished feeding? Cause he arrived back with them, and everyone was still gorging as he saw Godric. So did he just sit and twiddle his thumbs? And they were all sorts of messed up, so why didn't he just sneak out the back door? Or at least go wash his face?

But kudos to Stephen Moyer for directing this last episode. The Sam/Sam parts must have been especially difficult. And also kudos to Sam Trammell. He did a great job as Tommy as Sam, and even more amazing as Luna as Sam.

Jason is the best part of the show now. He's the moral compass now, and, surprisingly, the smart one! I love when he gets to figure things out and be an awesome brother at the same time.

Anyone else thing that Lala looked a helluva lot like Whoopi Goldberg in Ghost during the seance?

flutzilla1
08-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Okay, Nora AND Bill need to be staked. Stat. I volunteer to do the deed since no one else on this show seems to want to.... and wtf was up with Beehl fantastizing about killing/draining Sookie? If this show ends up putting those two back together, I don't even. Even the biggest Beehl Sookie shipper has to see that that would be both impossible and would defy any remotely believeable explanation at all.

Am I the only one who thought the ifrit storyline was interesting? I was shocked when Terry ended up shooting Patrick. I so thought that was going to go the other way.

Lala and Pam as usual had the best lines. The writers should put their characters in a talk show together and call it Human/Vamp Snarkfest or something....:)

pixie cut
08-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Am I the only one who thought the ifrit storyline was interesting? I was shocked when Terry ended up shooting Patrick. I so thought that was going to go the other way.

Lala and Pam as usual had the best lines. The writers should put their characters in a talk show together and call it Human/Vamp Snarkfest or something....:)

I was not surprised that Terry shot Patrick. The woman said do the right thing and he did. Terry is a great character.

Lafayette is so much more than human. Imagine all the dead snarks he could channel. Pam would say something about someone from the past and that person would snark her back. It would be fabulous!

Given AB's love of the Sookie/Bill coupling, my guess is Bill is somehow redeemed in the finale and then falls off a cliff again in the final moments.

screech
08-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Oh yeah, Bill is totally going to end up having had a plan all along, and somehow save Eric's life, gaining Sookie's trust in the process. Bullshit.

I loved Eric and Molly (please let her move to Area 5 when this is all done!) and felt so bad for Eric when dealing with Nora. He loves her, but can't get through to her, and it's breaking his heart.

I just want to shoot Salome. She's really annoying me. Though I love Steve an Russell. They can stay forever.

Jason is the best. Ryan Kwanten plays him so amazingly.

I was so bored with the Alcide stuff, though it's always good to see the bad terminator. But young Alcide and young Debbie looked nothing like the older versions.

Loved Arlene having a backbone and saving Terry and helping with Patrick. And Lafayette = amazing.

Wiery
08-09-2012, 04:33 PM
So....I've never seen an episode of True Blood. Is this something I need to fix (I've currently got the first seaon dvds in my cart on amazon...

pixie cut
08-09-2012, 07:02 PM
So....I've never seen an episode of True Blood. Is this something I need to fix (I've currently got the first seaon dvds in my cart on amazon...

It depends what your tastes are. Many people love the show, but it's not for everyone.

AliasJohnDoe
08-10-2012, 10:15 PM

It's been in my top 3 shows currently on TV for the last 5 years. I have HBO, so I watch each new episode 3-4 times through out the week before the next new episdoe comes on. You could get hooked easily. I see a big difference of opinion among people who've read the books compared to people who haven't. The storylines are very different.

topaz
08-11-2012, 04:15 AM
Screech, Ryan Kwanten was in Milwaukee a few weeks ago. My friend Nancy took a picture with him and stated he is "beautiful" in person.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/399460_4085653056658_1962310036_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/599307_10151008934429851_986323853_n.jpg

I couldn't make the event. My friends stated Ryan is very cool and very down to earth.

BigB08822
08-11-2012, 04:37 AM
I just know that Bill will have this big plan that will all come to fruition in the finale and he will once again be the hero and win Sookie's love and trust. :rolleyes: I don't mind Bill going to the dark-side even one bit but I don't trust AB to make it stick. I think my favorite character has become Jessica. I love the actress and I wish she had more interesting story lines this season.

Holley Calmes
08-11-2012, 05:08 AM
Richard and I started watching TB, and we are almost through with season 2. I find it compelling and repelling, with some brilliant wit and some really poorly delivered tripe. But I admit to being hooked! I do think the gore is more than I can handle. But some of the stuff they throw in is so damned funny.....I think my husband has a crush on Sooki (yawn) but I think Eric is hot hot hot! And I am deeply in love with Layfayette. I don't see his name here on Season 5. Should I be worried?