PDA

View Full Version : TRUE BLOOD Discussion -- Fifth Time's The Charm?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

AliasJohnDoe
06-25-2012, 05:39 PM
Am a bit annoyed with Pam that despite all the flashbacks (which I am thoroughly enjoying btw) she doesn't seem to be learning anything about being a good maker.

Bill basically did the same thing to Jessica when he first made her. He wanted nothing to do with her and dumped her off on Eric and Pam. It wasn't until later that he accepted Jessica as his child.

Pam is really hurt by the way Eric treated her and is just taking it out on Tara. Being Sookies best friend didn't help much.

I think starting now, Pam will take a more active role as Tara's maker. The last scene with Tara in the tanning bed, and Pam saying "That stupid bitch", will be the turning point. She'll save Tara and start playing the maker role, but I believe Pam will use and manipulate Tara's resentment against Sookie. I don't see Tara and Sookie being the same after this. I find it interesting to see Pam and Tara as family.....even lovers.

pixie cut
06-25-2012, 06:00 PM
I think starting now, Pam will take a more active role as Tara's maker. The last scene with Tara in the tanning bed, and Pam saying "That stupid bitch", will be the turning point. She'll save Tara and start playing the maker role, but I believe Pam will use and manipulate Tara's resentment against Sookie. I don't see Tara and Sookie being the same after this. I find it interesting to see Pam and Tara as family.....even lovers.

There have been spoilers indicating Tara will have an unexpected romantic connection and she has done the girl on girl thing, so that makes great sense.

olympic
06-25-2012, 06:19 PM
LOL at Salome ('the' Salome) discussing the Dance of the Seven Veils and her dysfunctional family.

Pam' flashbacks of her life as a human were quite interesting to me and they will meld with the plot re her role as Tara's maker.

screech
06-26-2012, 03:25 AM
I know others haven't seen it this way, but I didn't like Pam's turning on the show. To me it basically shows her spoiled brattiness to the core. Eric didn't want to turn her, not just because he didn't want her to be stuck as a vampire, but also because he didn't want the responsibility of being a maker, so instead of letting him make up his own mind, she manipulated him so that she can get what she wants. True, he could have chosen to let her die, but Eric isn't an evil bastard or anything, so of course he turned her, even though he didn't want to. Spoiled brat.

D&Sfan4ever
06-27-2012, 12:32 AM
I know others haven't seen it this way, but I didn't like Pam's turning on the show. To me it basically shows her spoiled brattiness to the core. Eric didn't want to turn her, not just because he didn't want her to be stuck as a vampire, but also because he didn't want the responsibility of being a maker, so instead of letting him make up his own mind, she manipulated him so that she can get what she wants. True, he could have chosen to let her die, but Eric isn't an evil bastard or anything, so of course he turned her, even though he didn't want to. Spoiled brat.

I didn't saw it that way. Too me, it was the act of a woman desperate to escape what She saw as her inevitable future. She gambled with her own life at that moment since she only knew Eric for what, 5 minutes the night before and about 40 minutes that night? As you said, Eric could have simply let her die or killed her.
And don't give me the "Eric isn't an evil bastard" :P, had he been not interested in her, he would have let her bled to death without regrets.

Mind you, I also think she is a bit of a spoiled brat, but I don't think that at that particular moment the brattiness was part of the "equation".

pixie cut
06-27-2012, 04:52 AM
Mind you, I also think she is a bit of a spoiled brat, but I don't think that at that particular moment the brattiness was part of the "equation".

In the books, Eric's turning Pam was much more random and brutal. I think this version shows a real bond between the two. I kind of liked it. And, let's not forget, there was a line in season 2 or 3 where Pam told Lafayette to stop calling her hooker. "I am not a hooker...anymore."

screech
06-27-2012, 06:24 AM
In the books Eric had followed Pam for a while and knew she was meant for more - she was unlike other ladies of the day. In my mind, that's more how people were turned before the revelation - the vampire saw them, wanted them, turned them. Yes, Eric in the books took the choice away from Pam, but it wasn't a snap decision for him, and Pam in the books says she's always loved what she is.

In the show, we know Eric loves Pam and that he's happy her turned her, but it kind of turns things on its head - she wanted to be what he was, and she knew he had morals and was a good guy (saved her life, saved her prostitute's lives, said he'd never abandon his child), and knew that he had some respect for her, so she, I think, knew he wouldn't let her die because of that. He didn't necessarily want a child, but he didn't want her to die. In that respect, she kind of took his choice away from him - either this person he has respect for dies, or he binds himself to her.

I don't know, maybe I see it this way because I'm completely over Pam. I loved her up until season 3 ended, but then IMO there was way too much of her in season 4, and it was all so one-note. Snarky bitch. It's gotten tiring to me, and personally, I don't really care to see her any more, except when involved with Eric storylines.

Cachoo
07-02-2012, 05:09 AM
Maybe the fifth time is indeed the charm: I lost interest last year but this year is a different story. I think the writing, storylines are damned good so far.

olympic
07-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Pam's lines as a mother have me :rofl:

I hope we get a back-story one day on Lorena: How old she is, how she was turned (Is that in the books at all?)

pixie cut
07-02-2012, 03:02 PM
I hope we get a back-story one day on Lorena: How old she is, how she was turned (Is that in the books at all?)

Lorena gets much less coverage in the books. She's basically in and out in book three. In the TV show Bill made some comments about Lorena's maker being so cruel, which is why she's so cruel. As I recall, in the books Lorena wasn't as old as TV Lorena and her maker was not particularly evil. If there ever is more back-story on TV Lorena, the producers have nothing in the books on which to draw.

screech
07-03-2012, 05:34 AM
Lorena gets much less coverage in the books. She's basically in and out in book three. In the TV show Bill made some comments about Lorena's maker being so cruel, which is why she's so cruel. As I recall, in the books Lorena wasn't as old as TV Lorena and her maker was not particularly evil. If there ever is more back-story on TV Lorena, the producers have nothing in the books on which to draw.

Another random Lorena thing is that in the books she's blonde. And turned someone that resembled Bill's wife so that Bill would possibly be happy.

As for the latest episode... Drunk Sookie is hilarious. Her Pina Colada lyrics had me giggling. Drunk Sookie and Drunk Eric should hang out.

Evilynn
07-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Another random Lorena thing is that in the books she's blonde. And turned someone that resembled Bill's wife so that Bill would possibly be happy.

As for the latest episode... Drunk Sookie is hilarious. Her Pina Colada lyrics had me giggling. Drunk Sookie and Drunk Eric should hang out.

For the first time since season 1 or 2 I actually care about Sookie! I think the show is stronger when it focuses its story lines a little more, and I hope they're not going to spend too much time on the faerie story at the expense of the Vampire Authority storyline, because so far I like this season a lot more than I did last.

Cachoo
07-06-2012, 03:45 PM
If I could be cast as any character in that show it would be Pam. She has the wryest, funniest lines. I think I actually choked on what I was drinking last year when she said she was tired of Sookie and her fairy vagina. And her lines kept getting funnier after that...Plus she has good dramatic material too. And now she has her unwanted progeny. (sp?) I think she and Tara could steal the show if the writers let them.

pixie cut
07-09-2012, 03:27 PM
I'll start the conversation about last night's episode. It was my favorite of the season so far. Lots of action and finally the reappearance of Russell Edgington. Let the fun begin!

AliasJohnDoe
07-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Last nights show was fast paced.

Still trying to figure out the Jesus head seen by LaFayette...and then by his mother. :rofl:

LUNA!!!! :(