PDA

View Full Version : TRUE BLOOD Discussion -- Fifth Time's The Charm?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

AliasJohnDoe
06-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Jessica's vlog at BabyVamp-Jessica: Retail Therapy.
http://www.babyvamp-jessica.com/babyvamp-jessica/2012/6/17/retail-therapy.html?cmpid=ABC123

I like these vlog's. "Ginger" is in this one. :lol:

screech
06-21-2012, 06:57 AM
I like that Pam is finally being brought to the forefront of the show. Her origin storyline with Eric and being the maker of Tara should make for some good TV.

Pam has actually started to annoy me. I don't like the accent Kristin Bauer uses (sounds way too fake) and IMO Pam was kind of an 'amazing in small doses' character. She's become way too spoiled brat for me.

I think that Nora is involved with Salome. She greeted her as 'Darling'. Doesn't mean it's not acceptable for her to have sex with Eric (it's acceptable for a virgin nun to have sex with Eric), but I don't think they're building up for an Eric/Nora relationship. I think them having sex was just reacquainting themselves. But that they do have love for each other, as evidenced by Eric's reactions. Though I do think he might have known she wasn't killed - he would have felt it, wouldn't he? I mean, if he could feel Sookie's presence after giving her just a bit of blood, it's safe to assume he would feel Nora too.

The only storyline this season that's sticking with the books is sort of the Alcide one. Book 5 was largely about packmaster issues. And Tara's issues with a vampire, though I guess her being a vampire is her new issue.

Couldn't Pam get into a lot of shit for abandoning her 'child'? I mean, if Tara goes on a murderous rampage, it would fall back on Pam. And wouldn't she have been feeling Eric's problems? And Eric feel that he now has a 'grandchild'?

And speaking of Eric's problems, why the hell didn't he, Bill and Nora hide under the beds when they were getting UV blasted?

I think Chris Meloni is going to be on the show for more than just this one season - his name was at the beginning of the credits, up with the 'main' cast of Anna, Stephen, Sam, Ryan, Rutina and Alex. It wasn't put in alphabetically.

I think Newlin's maker might be Salome. It's apparently a female. And she must be in the authority if he knows about Bill's being demoted (but is Eric still sheriff?) Nan wouldn't have known about that, since she was killed before all this stuff happened. And Nora was too busy banging Eric and planning this big escape thing to call him to tell him. So it's either Salome or Barb (the other chick authority vampire, Rosalyn, who to me will be referred to as Barb, because of her Cougar Town character).

With the Sam storyline, I'm annoyed by the grandma werewolf's voice. Petty, but something about it bugs me. And regarding Emma turning into a wolf - she could do that if she were a true shifter too - she could have chosen a wolf as her animal of choice without it being the only possibility.

nlyoung
06-21-2012, 11:10 AM
With the Sam storyline, I'm annoyed by the grandma werewolf's voice. Petty, but something about it bugs me. And regarding Emma turning into a wolf - she could do that if she were a true shifter too - she could have chosen a wolf as her animal of choice without it being the only possibility.

Very cute wolf cub aside, I thought they were only supposed to find their inner wolf at puberty. She is nowhere near that yet...

screech
06-22-2012, 03:51 AM
Very cute wolf cub aside, I thought they were only supposed to find their inner wolf at puberty. She is nowhere near that yet...

On another site, someone noted that Emma actually turned into a Husky, not a wolf lol. And that's true about the puberty thing, though. But True Blood and continuity? Those things go together about as well as Lindsay Lohan and sanity.

topaz
06-22-2012, 04:51 AM
All I can say is you certainly don't have to worry about comparing the TV show to the books any longer since the only connection is some of the character's names. I have real mixed feelings about the direction the show has taken the last two seasons. I despise Tara's character, not too thrilled with Lafayette any longer, don't care about Jason, Andy, Terry, Arlene, or Sam (does he ever work????). That doesn't leave me much. :(

I hear ya. I have one last hope that after Ball leaves the show they'll start to show more of the Vamp leadership system and shifter community.

Dr. Who became a better show after the original creator left :)

BigB08822
06-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Any ideas how Russell got out? Someone has to be helping him because he is clearly very very weak so someone had to take him out and bring him people to feed on. I am wondering if it was Eric. He may have known things were about to get very rough because of killing Nan and so he decided to release Russell as a way to get out of a sticky situation. I could be way off but that wouldn't surprise me one bit as something Eric would plan.

AliasJohnDoe
06-22-2012, 07:49 PM
I wondered what Russell was doing during the "witches spell" that called vampires into the sunlight. Would it have effected him in anyway while in the ground? Was he strong enough during the spell to loosen himself somehow? The spell was cast a few times. I know he had a silver chain on his neck and he was encased in cement, but he's an old strong vampire. Maybe he got partway out and glamoured the parking lot attendant(but you'd think Russell would have eaten him). Babyvamp Jessica got out of her chains.

DarrellH
06-22-2012, 09:34 PM
On another site, someone noted that Emma actually turned into a Husky, not a wolf lol. And that's true about the puberty thing, though. But True Blood and continuity? Those things go together about as well as Lindsay Lohan and sanity.

...as in, you're not fat, you're just a little husky?:dog::rofl:

BigB08822
06-22-2012, 10:35 PM
I wondered what Russell was doing during the "witches spell" that called vampires into the sunlight. Would it have effected him in anyway while in the ground? Was he strong enough during the spell to loosen himself somehow? The spell was cast a few times. I know he had a silver chain on his neck and he was encased in cement, but he's an old strong vampire. Maybe he got partway out and glamoured the parking lot attendant(but you'd think Russell would have eaten him). Babyvamp Jessica got out of her chains.

Oh, good point. That would definitely be a way to fill in that plot hole if they wanted. It would still be far fetched because he would have had to not only get out of his chains but out of the cement and even if he did, he would then have to find someone to help him. Glamoring would certainly be an option for that, as well.

nlyoung
06-23-2012, 12:48 AM

:rofl: Now that you mention it she is a puppy, but still cute ;)

screech
06-25-2012, 03:24 AM
Ugh, yet again, Eric gets Bill's 'sloppy seconds'. But I was amused by their locker room gossip afterwards.

Eric has had sex with more people in the 3 episodes this season than he has in the other 4 seasons combined. Though Pam was a flashback...

Yay! Lorena!! I missed her.

Steve Newlin, I adore you and your adorable baby face. I swear, Michael McMillian was born for this role. I can't imagine anyone else as Steve Newlin.

And a nice nod to the books with the store Jessica was shopping at - "Tracy's Togs". In the books it's Tara's Togs, but the name is a good nod. And Steve referencing Elvis is another awesome nod to the books.

Also, yay for the indication that Eric is still hung up on Sookie.

topaz
06-25-2012, 04:10 AM
Tonight's episode was decent. Was the techie vamp at the authority home office actress Jenna Malone?

I loved her role, she should be added as a regular.

screech
06-25-2012, 04:33 AM
Tonight's episode was decent. Was the techie vamp at the authority home office actress Jenna Malone?

I loved her role, she should be added as a regular.

It was Tina Majorino, who played Deb in Napoleon Dynamite, and more importantly, Mac on Veronica Mars (where she was also the tech nerd). She's awesome!

Cachoo
06-25-2012, 05:54 AM
I loved Tina's comment regarding regretting having to turn two cute vampires to goo. Glad to see she's in the show now...

flutzilla1
06-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Steve Newlin, I adore you and your adorable baby face. I swear, Michael McMillian was born for this role. I can't imagine anyone else as Steve Newlin.

Also, yay for the indication that Eric is still hung up on Sookie.

Totally agree on both of these. The Reverend is quickly becoming my favorite character on the show.

Ooh Nora may still meet the True Death now that she's 'confessed'. Can't say I would be remotely sad about that.....:D :P

Didn't know that Salome was like, THE Salome. Very interesting.....

Really liked the scene with Jessica and Jason. Would like to see them work out as a couple. :)

Am a bit annoyed with Pam that despite all the flashbacks (which I am thoroughly enjoying btw) she doesn't seem to be learning anything about being a good maker.