PDA

View Full Version : TRUE BLOOD Discussion -- Fifth Time's The Charm?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

pixie cut
06-15-2012, 01:18 AM
Edit: I'd also really like to see Pam's creation (as in when Eric sired her, not when she sired whomever).

I believe we'll be learning a lot about Eric making Pam in the next few episodes.

In the mean time, here's the video where she talks about being a maker:
http://youtu.be/wQ2f7mcSzvk

screech
06-15-2012, 03:08 AM
With regards to people finding Eric/Nora kind of gross - how about Bill sleeping with his 'mom' Lorena? Or Russell with his 'son' Talbot? Eric and his 'daughter' Pam likely had sex (as I'm sure will be revealed in the next few episodes). In the books, Bill has a relationship with his 'sister' Judith. How is Eric/Nora any more disgusting?

Plus, Bill had sex with his great great grandaughter from his actual human bloodline. Much more disgusting than Eric/Nora who are in no way related.

Cachoo
06-15-2012, 03:30 AM
I liked it. It was a very fast moving episode but I don't mind that for a season opener. They have to set the pace and things should settle down and gain more focus as we go on. I am intrigued by Terry's storyline. What exactly did he get into while at war? I felt like they were hinting strongly about something to do with a fire. Curious to see where that goes.

Poor Tara. She is going to be so pissed but I guess she can always ask for the true death if she hates being a vamp. It was one of the most obvious things coming, though, so I kind of hate that the episode ended with that. Not a surprise. At all.

Erik and his maker-sister having hot passionate sex? OMG! :swoon: I admit, I rewound that scene a few times.

Tara was one angry human: I bet she is spitting nails now. Somehow I think she'll find something positive about her predicament---eventually.

I was wondering if EW would quote Pam and now I know: Her stuff was just too good last week to go unnoticed. Perfect casting imho...

D&Sfan4ever
06-15-2012, 11:40 AM
With regards to people finding Eric/Nora kind of gross - how about Bill sleeping with his 'mom' Lorena? Or Russell with his 'son' Talbot? Eric and his 'daughter' Pam likely had sex (as I'm sure will be revealed in the next few episodes). In the books, Bill has a relationship with his 'sister' Judith. How is Eric/Nora any more disgusting?

Plus, Bill had sex with his great great grandaughter from his actual human bloodline. Much more disgusting than Eric/Nora who are in no way related.

Well, I'm not groosed out by the Eric/Nora relationship, but I can understand the point. You see, people expect vampires to have sex with their maker, that's why Bill/Lorena and Russel/Talbot weren't icky. It is already part of the "urban legend" of vampires. Having sex with a sibling, even f it is only a sibling because you have the same maker, is not.
And the books don't really count, since we didn't have the actual sex scene there, it was only implied or talked about it later on.
That an the fact that tecnically, Sookie rejected Eric like, only 5 minutes ago, so it feels rushed... to a point...it's Eric we are talking about, the guy rebounds pretty fast after all.

Evilynn
06-15-2012, 12:32 PM
I believe we'll be learning a lot about Eric making Pam in the next few episodes.

Woohoo! :cheer2:

pixie cut
06-15-2012, 05:48 PM
In the books, Bill has a relationship with his 'sister' Judith. How is Eric/Nora any more disgusting?

Not to mention Eric's relationship with his maker in the books (who wasn't Godric).

TV Bill didn't realize he was having sex with someone from his bloodline at the time he was doing it and once he found out he was horrified.

Eric being Eric, screwing would be a way to push away the pain of Sookie's rejection. Plus, this is someone he has a bond and established chemistry with. ;)

flutzilla1
06-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Well, I'm not groosed out by the Eric/Nora relationship, but I can understand the point. You see, people expect vampires to have sex with their maker, that's why Bill/Lorena and Russel/Talbot weren't icky. It is already part of the "urban legend" of vampires. Having sex with a sibling, even f it is only a sibling because you have the same maker, is not.
And the books don't really count, since we didn't have the actual sex scene there, it was only implied or talked about it later on.
That an the fact that technically, Sookie rejected Eric like, only 5 minutes ago, so it feels rushed... to a point...it's Eric we are talking about, the guy rebounds pretty fast after all.

Thanks D&Sfan -- This is exactly how I feel about it. I appreciate everyone's arguments on the thread both pro and con Nora and Eric, though.

Anyone want to guess how long Vamp-Rev-Newlin will be around? I hope he sticks around for at least most of the season. It will be a hoot watching him interacting with the other local vamps. :)

screech
06-16-2012, 05:09 AM
Not to mention Eric's relationship with his maker in the books (who wasn't Godric).

TV Bill didn't realize he was having sex with someone from his bloodline at the time he was doing it and once he found out he was horrified.

Eric being Eric, screwing would be a way to push away the pain of Sookie's rejection. Plus, this is someone he has a bond and established chemistry with. ;)

Though with Eric's maker in the books, it wasn't exactly willing.

Alex has said that Eric doesn't dwell - he obviously still loves Sookie, but isn't going to pine for her, so he's going to do what he can to get past it - doesn't want that weakness. A lot of people are seeing his sex with Nora as a kind of goodbye - she was helping him and Bill escape, so likely they wouldn't see each other again for a very long time, if at all. And they do have love for each other. There is that familiarity there - he just had his heart broken and in walks this woman he's had love for and had some sort of a relationship with, who he still cares deeply for and would do anything for - is it really that surprising that he'd have sex with her in those circumstances? So many people in real life would react the same way.

On other sites like tumblr, people are reading way too much into these scenes, and a lot of people are calling Eric a 'manwhore' now. When in reality, onscreen we've seen him have sex with 3 people (Yvetta, Sookie, Nora), 4 if you count Talbot, which I don't since I think Eric killed him before the actual sex. Bill has had sex with 4 (Sookie, Lorena, Portia, his employee). Heck, Tara has had more onscreen sex partners than Eric, but people don't call her a whore. It amuses me how much people get invested in all this stuff.

flutzilla1
06-18-2012, 04:16 PM
So...thoughts on episode 2?

I really enjoyed this one as well. I find both Eric and Bill so much more interesting, likeable and entertaining when Sookie is not involved in their storylines. :)

LOVED Rev Newlin's appearances -- he is quickly becoming my new favorite character on the show. And more Pam and Eric flashbacks, please! I could watch an entire hour (or more) of just the two of them and their past together.....

Was actually hoping that the Authority DID stake Nora, but alas no. ;) I really don't like her character, I think it's because she literally just showed up without a lot of setup (unlike Godric) and I feel like they are trying too hard to make the audience care for or like her.

Chris Meloni was AWESOME and I really enjoyed the whole history lesson we got last night about vamp history.

rfisher
06-18-2012, 04:52 PM
All I can say is you certainly don't have to worry about comparing the TV show to the books any longer since the only connection is some of the character's names. I have real mixed feelings about the direction the show has taken the last two seasons. I despise Tara's character, not too thrilled with Lafayette any longer, don't care about Jason, Andy, Terry, Arlene, or Sam (does he ever work????). That doesn't leave me much. :(

skipaway
06-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Alan Ball, creator of HBO's True Blood, announced that next season will be his last. Here's a good interview with some shockingly funny inspirations for this season's storyline.

Rick Santorum and Inspired Story (http://tv.yahoo.com/news/rick-santorum-inspired-true-blood-season-5-says-002002300.html)

How did you map out this season? For me the jumping off point was watching the Republican primaries, watching Michele Bachmann, Rick Santorum, and asking what would it be like to have a theocracy in America which is way more terrifying than any fictional monster could ever be.

Our jumping off point was "OK, what is a vampire theocracy?" You don't really see vampires being religious creatures. They are excluded from God. But what if there was a vampire bible? A religion? Theocracy? How would that impact our human characters, or vampire characters? I haven't really seen that before.

Why Rick Santorum? What's terrifying is how many people agree with him.

Chris Meloni comes in, he is the guardian of the blood. Supposedly they have a vial of blood of the first vampire like a Catholic icon. The governing body of vampires is like the Catholic church plus the Supreme Court for vampires. But it's a very secret organization

AliasJohnDoe
06-18-2012, 06:10 PM
I like that Pam is finally being brought to the forefront of the show. Her origin storyline with Eric and being the maker of Tara should make for some good TV.

As for Rev. Newlin. I believe Nan might have been his maker. He just happened to be in Bon Temps the same night Nan was killed. He told Jessica that Bill was no longer King. How would he know that unless he knew more about what was going on from being around Nan. Now that Nan is gone, he's doing as he pleases. Nan might have kept him on a short leash.

At first I thought his maker was Pam or maybe Nora getting revenge for Eric. But Nan kind of makes more sense.

pixie cut
06-18-2012, 06:29 PM
As for Rev. Newlin. I believe Nan might have been his maker. He just happened to be in Bon Temps the same night Nan was killed. He told Jessica that Bill was no longer King. How would he know that unless he knew more about what was going on from being around Nan. Now that Nan is gone, he's doing as he pleases. Nan might have kept him on a short leash.

Except he said he didn't know who his maker was. She was just some random woman. He debated Nan Flanagan on TV, so he would know who she was. Now, maybe he was lying about not knowing, but as of now the Nan theory has a major hole.

nlyoung
06-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Except he said he didn't know who his maker was. She was just some random woman. He debated Nan Flanagan on TV, so he would know who she was. Now, maybe he was lying about not knowing, but as of now the Nan theory has a major hole.

He also lied about knowing how to glamor, so the bit about not knowing his maker is just as suspicious...

pixie cut
06-18-2012, 07:20 PM
He also lied about knowing how to glamor, so the bit about not knowing his maker is just as suspicious...

Agreed. I said it's possible he does know and it's possible it was Nan. We'll find out eventually.

As for the TV series disassociating from the books, I think Alan Ball is doing his own thing, but he does pay little homages to the books. At least that's how I perceived the kid sitting on the Authority governing panel.