Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

kwanatic
06-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Aren't you guys tired?

LMAO!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

RunnersHigh
06-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Hope no offence, DL.

I'm watching, reading and hearing almost everything on it here in Korea.
If I made any mistake or misunderstand, point it out, PLEASE! ;)

Every year Yu-Na is involved in a law suit for some reason or another. This is very poor business practice. A law suit should be seen as a last resort in settling disputes as they are expensive, time consuming, and take both time and energy away from more profitable pursuits.
Since 2001 when her career started there're 2 lawsuits and is a lawsuit related with Yuna.

2007 Yuna transferred from IMG to IB Sports for IMG's insincerity. IMG filed a sue against IB Sports for a double contract and loosed it.
2011 IB Sports illegally refused to pay the portions of Yuna's endorsement money and convicted in 2012. IB Sports paid 800 million won ($698,000) in arrears (http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hOiy-NqiLtcT-Oc5-Q-kIEMQ-RnA?docId=CNG.4ebc8fbd3f30c8d18ca2a86b293cf65b.451 ).
2012 This case.

This case is especially bad from a PR point of view: Yu-Na is very wealthy and the professor is not. This could be seen as bullying someone with a legitimate point, into silence. If athletes are being gifted with degrees they don't have the class time to merit, then Yu-Na could have said that while she is aware that this has gone on, it wasn't true in her case.
ITA. From a PR point of view, law suit must be the last option to take. But as of now, public in Korea doesn't consider this case as you wrote. He said a vicious slander on Yuna. He insisted "I apologized." which no one read or heard. Later he said "I presented 2 books I wrote to Yuna and her parents with my signature as a token of my apology." - Can someone tell me In any society on earth that can be taken as a token of one's apology??

And Yuna didn't need to tell him that. From the very next day, reporters and people told him "Professor you're wrong!" with evidence but he said "I don't give a shit. Yuna was not my target. It's ridiculous. blah blah".

Instead, she has attacked the man who criticized the system.
The fact is DURING the interview lasted for 13 mins 10 secs, he smeared Yuna, her parents and her life for 6 mins. For the rest 7 minutes, he mainly exchanged jokes and slightly criticized the system.

Let's make it clear! In advance he knew the subject of interview but didn't know what univ Yuna entered, what her major is, how well she is doing her teaching practice and how the educational system works.

Not prepared at all for the influential public radio program.

In her previous law suits, Yu-Na has taken on corporations with enormous assets. In this case, she has attacked a working man. Not the same thing at all.
1st law suit was not on the money.
2nd law suit gave her back what it originally belonged to her.
At this case, the working man, Doctor of psychology from Harvard graduate school, former dean of the department of education at Sejong University and current professor of the department of psychology at Yonsei Univ, incited such an incident and many believe it's time for him to take responsibility on what he said as another public figure.

He should have to work at Univ but circled around Media.

Whoever is managing her business affairs is making her seem like a very contentious person to deal with. Not a good image for prospective employers.
As I said before, "In Korea, one's silence on an event has been taken as an admission of guilt."

I really thank you for your point of view and hope you to accept Korea's culture and situation. Freedom of speech (Article 21 of the Constitution or Korea) must be protected and inviolable fundamental human rights (Article 10) as well.

RunnersHigh
06-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Imagine that, a "poor" professor, a ""working man". :scream: Runnershigh will probably post some details on that..

Actually he had some more interviews after I posted TIMELINE. It made his situation worse. He's crazy!!! From a Prof of psychology to a psycho.

If you really need some details, I'll do it some later. Time to go to work!

michiruwater
06-11-2012, 11:59 PM
I know this may seem like a crazy thing for me to think, but I honestly believe that when Yu-Na decided to file this lawsuit, she didn't take time to consider whether she is divinely worshiped by everyone on the planet or not.

allezfred
06-12-2012, 12:34 AM
Hate to be repetitive

All evidence to the contrary. :rolleyes:

berthesghost
06-12-2012, 12:49 AM
that's the problem when you have no idea about the facts in the first place. people making assumptions. people making judgments. people making conclusions.

yuna was really hurt by this. it was very personal for her. for the first time she's doing something outside of skating and yet you get slandered by someone who didn't even look at the facts. :rolleyes: what else you want her to do?

Sorry, but doesn't your second paragraph just prove the first?

How do you know how yuna felt?

And if this IMO odd teaching degree is the first non skating thing she did, is all of the pop singing, ad endorsements, modeling etc... All lies and false reports made up by yuna haterz?

Your whole last paragraph sounds like false facts tied up with assumptions and conclusions.

Be that as it may, false conclusions are still bad PR, and what exactly is Kim doing to dispell this reputation for someone who sues everyone?

RunnersHigh
06-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Here's a symbolic example.

2007 some insisted "Tablo, a frontman of premier Korean rap group Epik High, did not graduate Stanford University." He, Tablo, didn't feel to react. They kept insisting the slander and asking him to prove it. Media treated it. Finally, he posted his diploma and wrote "I graduated!" at his homepage. But they insisted "That's a lie and the diploma is fabricated."

2010 They gathered 120,000 registered users and kept calling him a liar. Finally Tablo sued them. The admin who lived in the States suddenly disappeared and was wanted by Interpol. Anyway, some of them were found guilty but appealed against the decision.

2012 Nine people from the forum were sentenced up to 2 1/2 years of jail time in the court of appeals.

This is the real. Don't ask Yuna to stay calm.

Korean pop star battles attacks on Stanford record from Stanford Daily.
[TABLO] Wins Case vs. Tajinyo (http://koreanupdates.com/2012/06/09/tablo-wins-case-vs-tajinyo/) from koreanupdates.com

Yazmeen
06-12-2012, 01:14 AM
This is a mountain built out of the proverbial molehill. Personally, I think YuNa is starting to take her "Queen" designation a little too seriously, but this will blow over and everyone will go home and get over it.

So...is YuNa planning on actually SKATING competitively again? Is she going to absolutely make a comeback this year for Worlds or next year for Olympics? Forgive me for interrupting the drama, but THAT is what I'd like to know about YuNa, not whatever tempest in a teapot psychodrama is going on with her image and her finances. Aside from All That Skate, what's happening with YuNa on the competitive skating scene?

Pardon the interruption, please go back to hand-wringing...:P

Dragonlady
06-12-2012, 01:49 AM
This is the real. Don't ask Yuna to stay calm.

Korean pop star battles attacks on Stanford record (http://Korean pop star battles attacks on Stanford record) from Stanford Daily.
[TABLO] Wins Case vs. Tajinyo (http://koreanupdates.com/2012/06/09/tablo-wins-case-vs-tajinyo/) from koreanupdates.com

Except that everyone here has said that the Professor immediately attacked in the media for his statements so it hardly seems like Yu-Na was facing any loss of reputation.

I also fail to see how it would damage the reputation of a pop star whether he graduated from Standford or not. Graduating classes are listed on the university's website so I fail to see how such misinformation became the source of such damage. Much ado about nothing.

RunnersHigh
06-12-2012, 05:00 AM
I also fail to see how it would damage the reputation of a pop star whether he graduated from Standford or not. Graduating classes are listed on the university's website so I fail to see how such misinformation became the source of such damage. Much ado about nothing.

The problem was not whether he graduated or not. It's a matter of trust. As a public figure, the loss of that meant the loss of everything.

Being distrusted by People surrounding you for a false rumor ISN'T no biff deal.
In practice, it damaged his reputation, request for ad. & appearance on media and career.

The Persecution of Daniel Lee (Tablo) - An Internet smear campaign nearly destroyed the South Korean star, but he fought back with the only weapon he had: the truth. (http://www.stanfordalumni.org/news/magazine/2011/julaug/features/tablo.html)

I'm going out for lunch!!

Spartacus
06-12-2012, 05:08 AM
LookLook!
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3592609&postcount=15

Dragonlady
06-12-2012, 05:09 AM
You miss the point. The facts were easily verifiable. So easily, in fact, that the ensuing uproar about whether or not he had in fact graduated, was ridiculous. Anyone could have gone to the university's website and confirmed whether or not he was listed as a graduate.

How can you lose trust if the facts can be so easily verified? I would say that the fault lies with the celebrity for not correcting the error in the first place. He allowed the situation to continue for too long when a simple clarification at the beginning would have solved everything.

This type of hyper-active over-reaction by all parties involved seems like a huge waste of energy to me.

lakewood
06-12-2012, 05:52 AM
Every year Yu-Na is involved in a law suit for some reason or another. This is very poor business practice. A law suit should be seen as a last resort in settling disputes as they are expensive, time consuming, and take both time and energy away from more profitable pursuits.

This case is especially bad from a PR point of view: Yu-Na is very wealthy and the professor is not. This could be seen as bullying someone with a legitimate point, into silence. If athletes are being gifted with degrees they don't have the class time to merit, then Yu-Na could have said that while she is aware that this has gone on, it wasn't true in her case. Instead, she has attacked the man who criticized the system.

In her previous law suits, Yu-Na has taken on corporations with enormous assets. In this case, she has attacked a working man. Not the same thing at all.

Whoever is managing her business affairs is making her seem like a very contentious person to deal with. Not a good image for prospective employers.

False! This is her 2nd lawsuit in 6 years of her senior career.

You (and others) are too fast in making a conclusion that team YuNa are too inexperienced and stupid to make a judgement. Don't you think it is a non-sense? She is advised by top lawyers. There must be some reason she has to file a suit. You are not YuNa and you are not in Korea. She and people around her have their own thoughts. You may not agree with them. Fine, but it doen't mean they are all stupid and you are far smarter than them.

RunnersHigh
06-12-2012, 06:15 AM
You miss the point. The facts were easily verifiable. So easily, in fact, that the ensuing uproar about whether or not he had in fact graduated, was ridiculous. Anyone could have gone to the university's website and confirmed whether or not he was listed as a graduate.

How can you lose trust if the facts can be so easily verified? I would say that the fault lies with the celebrity for not correcting the error in the first place. He allowed the situation to continue for too long when a simple clarification at the beginning would have solved everything.

This type of hyper-active over-reaction by all parties involved seems like a huge waste of energy to me.

So true.

Easily verified from many sources BUT they refused to believe. When Tablo opened his diploma and academic card, they said it's fabricated. When Tablo went to Stanford to prove it, they didn't believe what Stanford officially announced. On the website, they strongly denied and added "Another person lookalike".

And they still don't believe the fact even after they convicted.

Conspiracy!

Sorry for getting off the subject!

Dragonlady
06-12-2012, 06:17 AM
You (and others) are too fast in making a conclusion that team YuNa are too inexperienced and stupid to make a judgement. Don't you think it is a non-sense? She is advised by top lawyers. There must be some reason she has to file a suit. You are not YuNa and you are not in Korea. She and people around her have their own thoughts. You may not agree with them. Fine, but it doen't mean they are all stupid and you are far smarter than them.

Don't put words into people's posts that are not there. No one called anyone stupid nor was it implied and it is very rude of you to suggest that they did.

Either Korea is a very litigious society, or Yu-Na is a very litigious young woman.