PDA

View Full Version : Yu-na files libel suit against university professor

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

berthesghost
06-09-2012, 04:46 AM
Can we please talk about the elephant in the room?! Why is rich, insanely famous, and very successful singer/skater/spokesmodel Kim taking classes to become a gym teacher? What next, nancy kerrigan working toward a manager's position at McDonald's? Or is kim skipping sochi in order to teach 7 year olds how to shoot the duck? And where exactly does one find these "public teaching trials" where apparently complete strangers can watch private students doing their coursework? I wanna know. I have a feeling Paula Abdul trying to teach a class is pretty funny.

l'etoile
06-09-2012, 05:05 AM
where exactly does one find these "public teaching trials" where apparently complete strangers can watch private students doing their coursework? I wanna know. I have a feeling Paula Abdul trying to teach a class is pretty funny.

That "public teaching trials" AFAIK was just one session which took about less than half an hour to avoid further interruption of her four-week teaching practicum.

She's majoring in sports education which was her only option when admitted to the university. And at fourth-year circuit, every student in this major is required to take a practicum as one of curricula no matter the circumstances. It's just a must. Boy, things I've learned about Korean education because of this fiasco:blah:

l'etoile
06-09-2012, 05:07 AM
I feel so sad for her and her poor, pitiful life. She is old enough to grow up and address the situation with the professor instead of a law suit. She will probably win because she is soooooo important. And I use to really like her and her skating. I might still like her skating, I just haven't seen it in awhile.

Yes, her pitiful life is building a whole new school for kids in Africa, serving her wonderfully as one of Goodwill ambassadors for UNICEF, and will be continuing to help and take care of people in need.

RumbleFish
06-09-2012, 05:25 AM
Poor old man should have known better before criticizing her majesty. :lol:
She will sue him to the last peny he has, and have her worshippers jump all over the pour soul.

I dare all of you to criticize me, she says. :rolleyes:

spikydurian
06-09-2012, 05:35 AM
Right or wrong??? We don't know all the facts except what is printed in the newspaper.
Let 'justice takes its course'. Now it is up to the court to decide whether the professor did defame Yuna or it was just an over-reaction on Yuna's part.

l'etoile
06-09-2012, 05:39 AM
She will sue him to the last peny he has, and have her worshippers jump all over the pour soul.

Yeah, she can really take someone out if he/she's in her way. :kickass:

RumbleFish
06-09-2012, 05:42 AM
Yeah, she can really take someone out if he/she's in her way. :kickass:

So this is the attitude that her and her worshippers are taking? :yikes:
How gracious and classy. :scream:

tralfamadorian
06-09-2012, 05:49 AM
I think she's really just seeking an apology and/or setting an example so others wont criticize her education so freely.

I doubt this will go very far.
I agree with you, I'm on Yuna's side on this one (and I hate frivolous lawsuits).
It's one thing that celebrities have to tolerate a higher level of criticism, but even for celebrities there's a line somewhere, and the line is that even they don't have to tolerate false information being spread about them (or criticism based on false facts).
It's just very irresponsible to incite a lot of harsh criticism against someone without even knowing if the claims are true or not, and it's easy for us from over here to say that she should just get over it, but we're not in Yuna's shoes...
(Also, I guess most of us here are not from South Korea, maybe in the US/Europe something like this would be an insignificant issue, but maybe in South Korea it is seen differently? I'd agree that for example in the US a counter press release would be more appropriate, but the most appropriate response in a US context may not be the most appropriate response in South Korea. Not that I claim to have any knowledge of South Korean culture, my point is just that things may work differently there.)

The media has SO much power to make or break someone, people really should be more aware and careful about how they use this power. I'm all for setting an example that criticising someone and potentially creating a lot of negativity around them without having a clue whether the criticism has any factual basis is irresponsible. If the man had no actual knowledge about Yuna, he shouldn't have used her as an example or at least he should have made it clear that he's just speculating and not speak as if he knew things for a fact.
If the things he said were not true, Yuna doesn't have to tolerate that at all IMO, and it's not like she's asking for the guy's head, she just wants an apology.

spikydurian
06-09-2012, 06:20 AM
The media has SO much power to make or break someone, people really should be more aware and careful about how they use this power. I'm all for setting an example that criticising someone and potentially creating a lot of negativity around them without having a clue whether the criticism has any factual basis is irresponsible.
I agree.

riveredge
06-09-2012, 06:28 AM

It wasn't even a criticism... :lol:

the problem is that the professor claimed as if it was the truth, however it became apparent that his basis came from false rumors. ATS eventually just asked for an apology but then he didn't. It's like I claimed Ms. A had a sex video because i overheard it somewhere but then it was not true after all.... but the damage has been done all over the media. So, Ms. A just wanted an apology from me but I refused.

There's a big difference between an opinion via criticism which is fine, from a claimed based on false rumors via an opinion which is wrong.

love_skate2011
06-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Not Good

this will damage more Yuna's reputation
she is really taking all criticisms too seriously she needs to ignore
the others and not waste such time and needs to stop with too many lawsuits

now sue me. lol :P

EricRohmer
06-09-2012, 08:43 AM
What is interesting is that this professor is not that sincere for his own classes. He is a long media-lover. I say this as his former student.

Jammers
06-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Yuna i think needs to grow up a little bit. The whole world does not bow at her feet. Maybe all the hero worship she gets in South Korea has gone to her head.

riveredge
06-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Yuna i think needs to grow up a little bit. The whole world does not bow at her feet. Maybe all the hero worship she gets in South Korea has gone to her head.

Riigght..because you were there and live in Korea. :rolleyes: Because she's above everyone else and yet she's still supporting and funding Korean fs. Is she behaving like a brat while drinking alcohol at night and attending parties? Oh yeah..the girl is still doing everything she can to help those cancer patients and low income families. Not to mention she's still living a very humble life. All what she did was to attend KU and did some lecture after all it's a requirement while other Korean celebrities and sport-stars are getting the free pass, And yet she was singled out by this professor. She needs to grow up? How dare you, Yuna?

l'etoile
06-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Not Good

this will damage more Yuna's reputation
she is really taking all criticisms too seriously she needs to ignore
the others and not waste such time and needs to stop with too many lawsuits

now sue me. lol :P

:rolleyes: