PDA

View Full Version : Jessica Simpson + Baby on PEOPLE Cover = Epic Fail

Pages : [1] 2

overedge
06-07-2012, 05:35 AM
Could it be that (gasp) she and her baby just aren't that interesting?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jessica-simpson-baby-pictures-people-magazine-333487

Alex Forrest
06-07-2012, 06:59 AM
The thing is, she ISNT interesting. I only replied to this Overedge because you started a thread. Let's get to the point, she was counter point to Brit and Xtina, she was the one with 'morals'. I actually liked what she did in Dallas, and at one point she could sing. Yet she (with no brains or cerebral cortex) landed man on man on man and got preggos with no wedding ring in sight. It's funny how life creeps up on you and all those southerny baptisty thingies you rally for turn out that YOU ARE JUST AS "BAD" as all those you villify.

Her father is so creepy I really can't get past it. I've known incest issues and creepy dads. I pass on everything Jessica Simpson even though I've been told she has good shoes. No way. Joseph Simpson gives me not just creeps but revulsion.

Japanfan
06-07-2012, 08:08 AM
People who live their lives on television and/or celebs who headline entertainment magazines/shows aren't usually very interesting, when you get right down to it.

Ziggy
06-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Why would they pay her that much?

Nobody saw it coming? :huh:

numbers123
06-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Why would they pay her that much?

Nobody saw it coming? :huh:

That's actually pretty small baby pictures payment for some stars. I opened this thread only because the title drew me in, thinking that there was something wrong with the picture, not because of the celeb.

I read People when waiting in a doctor's office for my appointment. By the time I get to read them it is weeks or months later and the cover has been torn off. Or I buy one to read in the airport - as it is usually hard to concentrate on a book until I get on the plane.

Skittl1321
06-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Is the father not "in the picture"? (I see that he isn't on the cover.)

I thought she had gotten married. Did that not work out?

danceronice
06-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Why does anyone pay any attention a baby that isn't theirs?

(Well, okay, I would be interested if the Duchess of Cambridge has a child, but that baby will be in line for the British throne.)

overedge
06-07-2012, 03:12 PM
He isn't on the cover, but ironically he is in the same picture (the complete photo is with the story). He got cropped out :lol:

She and the baby's dad are engaged, and according to the story they are madly in love and are going to have "the most amazing wedding ever" when Simpson loses enough weight to get into a fab wedding dress. Which allowed her to put in a plug for her upcoming collaboration with Weight Watchers :rolleyes:

MacMadame
06-07-2012, 04:17 PM
So she named her daughter Maxwell? :huh:

Jenny
06-07-2012, 04:25 PM
I can sorta see why People bet on it.

For celeb gossip, I prefer US Weekly, and often when I'm having lunch I'll cruise their website - they always list the top 5 stories, and more often than not, the baby/baby bump stories have been in there, including every update on Jessica's pregnancy.

Pregnancies and babies usually sell.

ETA: On usmagazine.com, this is currently the top ranked story - http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/gisele-is-pregnant-with-second-child-201266

ioana
06-07-2012, 04:33 PM
So she named her daughter Maxwell? :huh:

Clearly a huge skating fan and the daughter's actually named after Fleur....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZuXR-mgd2I

Skittl1321
06-07-2012, 05:21 PM
He isn't on the cover, but ironically he is in the same picture (the complete photo is with the story). He got cropped out :lol:

That's just tacky! If the baby picture if more than just the baby, the father should be included! I guess he isn't famous enough.

Rex
06-07-2012, 05:21 PM
I have to admire someone with such a mediocre talent to have used said talent as a launching pad to wealth. Props to her creepy but savvy parents. She doesn't care if she makes another album or does another TV show - girl is mad rich and pretty much set for life.

leigh
06-07-2012, 05:41 PM
+-`+
+

michiruwater
06-07-2012, 05:53 PM
I totally agree, leigh, though I would have phrased it slightly differently.