PDA

View Full Version : Nik Wallenda's tightrope walk over Niagara Falls

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Anita18
06-20-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm glad it was that way. What if he really had fallen? Do however many millions of people watching REALLY want to see someone fall to their death? WTF? I'd be traumatized.
I don't. :scream:

Philippe Petit is really something else. I watched Man on Wire and just his infectious enthusiasm and ability to convince others to share in his crazy stunts is a talent!

Moto Guzzi
06-21-2012, 02:10 AM
Years ago I saw the Wallendas do their 7-person pyramid. I don't remember the exact year but it was a few years before Karl Wallenda was killed. It was an outdoor event and there was an occasional wind but not a strong one. The Wallendas started across, came to a stop, and the woman on top of the pyramid stood up on her chair and sucessfully came down. They started walking again and the wind came up, and it looked as though one of the men on the bottom lost his balance slightly. They froze in place and we were horrified that they were about to fall. A man on the far platform began calling directions to them and, after what seemed like an eternity, they started walking again and made it across.

There was complete silence from the audience until they all reached the platform and then everybody burst into loud applause. My sister and I wondered if the long pause was part of the act or whether they really had been off balance because of the wind. Later, the Wallendas repeated the pyramid but without the long pause we had seen in their earlier performance. I still get chills thinking about it.