PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Weir `Deep down I'm an old Russian Lady'

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

skatesindreams
06-10-2012, 10:02 PM
I wish that posters could remember to express their dislike/distaste in a respectful manner.
The objects of their distaste have been known to read these posts, on occasion.

Ziggy
06-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Always a laugh to count how many people say they hate Johnny yet read his interviews and take the time to comment on them.

Why do these threads always turn into "bash-fests"?
If you have a negative opinion of him, why read, or post in them?

People will spend their time reading and responding to something when the subject matter provokes some feelings in them, whether positive or negative.

Love and hate are pretty much the same thing. :)

Proustable
06-11-2012, 12:02 AM
When do you think people actually spend their time to respond to something?

When the subject matter provokes some feelings in them, whether positive or negative.

Love and hate are pretty much the same thing. :)

Exactly.

milanessa
06-11-2012, 12:02 AM
The objects of their distaste have been known to read these posts, on occasion.

And?

If Johnny can take the worship I'm sure he can take the criticism.

Iceman
06-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Johnny when he gets some age on him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quentin_Crisp

Ziggy
06-11-2012, 12:31 AM
And?

If Johnny can take the worship I'm sure he can take the criticism.

I am sure he thrives on both. ^^

As long as he provokes a reaction... ;)

(I'd know something about that :D)

spikydurian
06-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Johnny when he gets some age on him
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quentin_Crisp
Don't think Johnny would mind the comparison. Quetin was famous. :)

essence_of_soy
06-11-2012, 08:30 AM
But just as you are free to express your thoughts about what is posted here, so am I, and so are other posters.

Very good point.

Y'know, I wish I'd been quicker off the mark and thought of writing something like this for the Ladies Survivor Game in the Trash Can. Vagabond ripped me a new one after I voted for Kostner (just because I said Carolina didn't have a triple lutz).

UGG
06-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Prancer, my point was that almost any mention of Johnny - or his activities - degenerates into bashing.
I hope that I'm free to express my dislike of that, here.

Same goes for Evan, I have noticed.

skatesindreams
06-11-2012, 04:16 PM
I don't approve of bashing anyone - skaters or posters - and don't understand why some people seem to enjoy it.

Yazmeen
06-11-2012, 05:17 PM
There is a difference between criticizing and bashing. What's being commented on here are Johnny's comments and his attitude. Not all of us think he is perfect, nor do we agree with his suggestions that he should have been 3rd in Vancouver or is the "saviour" of men's figure skating in the US. We're not calling him stupid or untalented. We're simply providing our opinions on the interview and how he conducts himself in public.

Personally, I adore his skating when he gives it his all. The public persona, not so much, and he seems to let that persona get in the way of the skating (After he won his first US Championship in 2004,I honestly expected he'd have at least one World gold and Olympic medal before the end of the decade). And that's not a bash, just an opinion.

Wiery
06-11-2012, 05:34 PM
No bashing here; Johnny is a beautiful skater; I wish him joy, health, success, and the very best luck in his return to competitive skating.

alchemy void
06-11-2012, 06:00 PM
FSU is so meeeeeeeaaaaaaan!

Johnny is like the most persecuted skater ever on FSU, for sure. :P

skatesindreams
06-11-2012, 06:47 PM
No bashing here; Johnny is a beautiful skater; I wish him joy, health, success, and the very best luck in his return to competitive skating.

My wish, as well.

Ziggy
06-11-2012, 07:29 PM
I don't approve of bashing anyone - skaters or posters - and don't understand why some people seem to enjoy it.

You don't seem to understand the difference between 'bashing' and 'criticism'.