PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Weir `Deep down I'm an old Russian Lady'

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

skateboy
06-08-2012, 08:51 AM
My guess is he would have preferred: 1) Plush; 2) Evan; 3) Himself.

I do think he should have beaten Lambiel and Chan, but not Takahashi.

Iceman
06-08-2012, 01:42 PM
I wonder if his marriage will last till Sochi.

berthesghost
06-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Anyone who competes should believe that they have a chance to win.
No one knows who will represent the US in two years.Gallant says: I believe I have what it takes to win!
Goofus says: I'll win because the others all suck.

But that's so johnny. He's always taken negative attention as better than no attention at all, and he'll say anything outrageous if it will get him press. He's never been polite or nice, that's why he's famous.

UGG
06-08-2012, 03:15 PM
I found it interesting that he was "shocked" that Evan congratulated him on his marriage. I always kind of got the feeling that Johnny had more of a problem with Evan than Evan had with Johnny.

judiz
06-08-2012, 06:05 PM
I wonder if his marriage will last till Sochi.

Interesting comment, what makes you wonder?

berthesghost
06-09-2012, 03:09 AM
I found it interesting that he was "shocked" that Evan congratulated him on his marriage. I always kind of got the feeling that Johnny had more of a problem with Evan than Evan had with Johnny.
Or maybe he's not accounting for maturity. Maybe young teenage Evan once said something antigay and Johnny branded him forever homophobic for life, because people never grow up or change their opinion. :lol:

alchemy void
06-09-2012, 04:51 AM
I'm a gay male.
I love outspoken athletes and hate canned, PC quotes.
Many of my favorite skaters are Russian.

Taking this all into account, you'd think I'd be a big Weir fan, but I. Cannot. Stand. Him.

The namedropping, pretentiousness, wuzrobbing, and Z list celebrity whoring should all make me :cheer: for his tackiness. But it drives me crazy.

If someone can help explain this, I'd be thankful. But this interview made me nauseous.

Marge_Simpson
06-09-2012, 05:17 AM
Johnny makes my skin crawl. I posted this in the "NYC Ballet Fans" thread, but I'm reposting here. This is NOT appropriate attire for a ballet gala.

http://bfanyc.com/home/photo/404451#anchor

IceAlisa
06-09-2012, 05:20 AM
That outfit is ridiculous. An old Russian lady would never wear this horror to a ballet gala.

spikydurian
06-09-2012, 05:43 AM
Johnny makes my skin crawl. I posted this in the "NYC Ballet Fans" thread, but I'm reposting here. This is NOT appropriate attire for a ballet gala.

http://bfanyc.com/home/photo/404451#anchor

Hmmm.. is that a dress under a jacket? It does look .'unusual'....strange combination-masculine and feminine. Being Johnny, he's probably only trying to make a statement! :D

Japanfan
06-09-2012, 09:31 AM
This is NOT appropriate attire for a ballet gala.

You expect appropriate from Weir? He is intentionally provocative and inappropriate, it satisfied his hunger for attention.

skateboy
06-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Being Johnny, he's probably only trying to make a statement! :D

I'm sure you're right.

Personally, I'd love to see Johnny (as a competitor) stop being so concerned about "making a statement" and let his skating do the real talking.

PinkFeathers
06-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Buncha haters up in this thread. Ah well, more for the rest of us. I will gladly take it ^__^

Jammers
06-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Well in today's world it's not what you actually accomplish anymore but if you get notice. That's what it's all about now. People are just attention whores. Just watch TV sometimes. I mean what exactly do the Kardashians contribute to society except STD'S? :lol:

judiz
06-09-2012, 02:11 PM
I happen to be a Johnny fan and many times I do cringe at his wardrobe choices, but I had the pleasure of meeting him several times and he is one of the nicest people I have ever met. I admire that no matter how tired he is after a long plane ride or after a show, he will not hesitate to, not only sign autographs but talk to the fans and listen to what they have to say.