PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Weir `Deep down I'm an old Russian Lady'

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18

aftershocks
06-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Par for the course in the U.S. where few in the general population know that much about figure skating. And plus, that Johnny he's always hogging people's attention, the DIVA, even coming in 6th place.

Or maybe Griffin can only recall Johnny's performances, or maybe she never even saw his performances, but just remembers that he gave her tv show/ name recognition a boost when he spoke to the media about being "on the D list like Kathy Griffin."

IceDreams18
06-24-2012, 06:11 PM
You have to give him kudos for having personality! That's for sure, you can't say weir is boring!

aftershocks
06-24-2012, 06:25 PM
^^ Natch! But oops, that only opens up the can of worms for some butthurt critic to drop in and say:

"Uh, no. I certainly don't have to give Weir any kudos for having such a weirdly odd, attention-grabbing personality. I'm not a fan of his OTT personality, so there."

zaphyre14
06-25-2012, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE=aftershocks;3602677"Uh, no. I certainly don't have to give Weir any kudos for having such a weirdly odd, attention-grabbing personality. I'm not a fan of his OTT personality, so there."[/QUOTE]

Thank you for expressing my sentiments so well, although I'd leave off the "so there" at the end, just to avoid ticking of his overly-defensive, highly vocal, intollerent-of-anything- remotely-negative-ever-posted-anywhere fans.

aftershocks
06-25-2012, 04:53 PM
^^ Glad to know I express your "sentiments so well" re Johnny. :P

As to the rest of your above "sentiments," I say once again, it takes one to know one, especially on FSU.

Wyliefan
06-25-2012, 08:30 PM
You know, aftershocks, a wise person once told me that we can't control other people's reactions, and shouldn't try to, because they have the right to react in their own way.

It's good advice, I think.

aftershocks
06-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Very observant and wise, Wyliefan. It is interesting tho' how when I first came here how the most innocent of positive comments about Johnny by newbie posters was ridiculed, and many of those posters quickly departed. My reaction has been not to "defend" Johnny, but to voice my own viewpoints and reactions unabashedly. I admit that I am opinionated. Doesn't mean I'm always right. Nor do I feel Johnny is perfect - but there are enough critics here already -- no need for me to itemize his faults and point out what I may not like about him or his skating.

By responding to negative critics, yes, there is always the danger and the contagion of spreading :EVILLE: by indulging in the urge to engage with it. In any case, IMO, most of Johnny's ardent fans don't come here, at least not to partake in Johnny threads - they know better. Silly me. :shuffle: (Disclaimer: sure, the worst of those love Johnny turned bash-Johnny threads have lessened in intensity, but now that he's BAACK, he's itching for our undivided attention once again, apparently).

Actually, the issue is not one of controlling others reactions, however, as none of us can control anyone else's reactions. It's probably more an issue of letting sleeping dogs lie, and allowing naysayers to lose sleep over that Weir fellow who is such an attention-grabber in numerous threads on FSU.

A bit of additional wisdom that is very hard for me (or for anyone) to master:

"Consider externally always, internally never." -- Gurdijeff

overedge
06-26-2012, 12:22 AM
the most innocent of positive comments about Johnny by newbie posters was ridiculed

No. It was the comments that steadfastly defended Johnny no matter what and that tried to spin any kind of excuse for his behaviour that were ridiculed.

aftershocks
06-26-2012, 01:31 AM
Welcome back, overedge. Temptation is so irresistible, eh?

As usual, you are all seeing and all knowing. Thanks for weighing in here and now with your enlightening perspectives albeit erroneous interpretations.

Oh but yes, you're absolutely right about how you perceive whatever.

BmcC102
06-26-2012, 06:30 AM
So I really don't feeling like reading this thread; please forgive me if I am being redundant, but will state the obvious about the title of this thread.

Deep down? More like right on the surface! :lol: In a good way, of course.

PinkFeathers
06-26-2012, 06:45 AM
Ah man, too much picking at each other in this thread, not enough Johnny :lol:

https://instagr.am/p/ML6HPthhRV/

Taken last Friday :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Iceman
06-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Maybe Anderson was afraid rumors would get out that he and Johnny are having an affair. lol

milanessa
06-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Maybe Anderson was afraid rumors would get out that he and Johnny are having an affair. lol

:lol: I think most folk know Johnny is definitely not Anderson's type.

aftershocks
06-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Ah man, too much picking at each other in this thread, not enough Johnny :lol:

Taken last Friday :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

^^ Too true, Pink Feathers! It's been that way since the beginning of this thread practically, and I only began posting in here a page ago. :lol: Ah well, most Johnny threads on FSU never have enough Johnny in them. ;)

Thanks for posting the pic!

berthesghost
06-26-2012, 02:54 PM

Taken last Friday :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rolleyes::blah: