PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Weir `Deep down I'm an old Russian Lady'

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Nomad
06-16-2012, 02:50 PM
How could you not love someone who sleeps with a stuffed panda and makes it dance to Lady Gaga?? LOL!!!

Quite easily, since you ask. I'm not a fan of stuffed animals or Lady Gaga.

aftershocks
06-16-2012, 04:21 PM
La dee da, dee da .... And the beat goes on. :rockstar:

Comments excessively over-long, rarely short or sometimes middling from me ... rambling and indulgent or to the point, fact remains: those who don't have a clue when it comes to Johnny, clearly just don't. Stop trying to puzzle it out all ya "butthurt" critics and "non-fans" who seemingly are irresistibly attracted, coolly phlegmatic, and pissed-off at the same time. Yep contradictions abound. BTW, there are no exceptions to the viewpoints rule! Heh, heh, heh, and Johnny rules (in all his annoying cuteness, badass contrariness, and fabulous simplicity)!

I was thinking maybe Claire Ferguson and Morry Stillwell can roll a giant egg onto the ice for the men's short program in Sochi for Johnny to emerge from.

It will only work if he emerges from the egg bleeding from his groin area with a stunningly paranoid expression on his face. *wonders how many of the ISU judges would fall out of their chairs* :eek:

:lol: :rofl: Thanks you guys for the images conjured. Might actually work for a spectacular ice show, or maybe even the Sochi closing ceremony! Ha ha!

Now, to misquote Shakespeare, the master of irony and contradiction:

Would love by any other name smell as sweet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=7y1ObIUOxZA&NR=1

Actually, Johnny and Victor are both so cute, in a good way. Even having not a love as true, to see theirs for me is very inspiring.

To all those irresistibly unmoved non-fans, uncomfortably intrigued but :rolleyes: critics, undeniably fascinated but pissed-off nay-sayers: :P

How many unfond fools serve mad jealousy?

O' how hast thou with jealousy infected
The sweetness of affiance!

O' beware ... of jealousy
It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock

Trifles light as air
Are to the jealous confirmations strong
As proofs of holy writ

-- Shakespeare

milanessa
06-16-2012, 05:57 PM
You are a very odd person, aftershocks. I suppose that's true of most ubers, though.

aftershocks
06-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Who me?! Guess it takes one to know one.

Ha ha :lol: I first read that as "old." Thanks for the compliment, btw! And same to you. Who isn't in this weird and weary world? Seems to me likely that most fs fans (and sports fans in general) are some kinda odd. And if some of us aren't old, we soon will be if we live long enough. Lots to look forward to in any case, eh?

:summer:

antmanb
06-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Interesting how this comment only gets brought up in response to posts perceived as critical. I guess hellishly long rambling posts about Johnny's wonderfulness *don't* say more about the poster than they do about Johnny.

No it's the special rules that only apply to any comment that might stray to the negative side about Johnny. Aftershock's comments about Patrick Chan, for example can't be used to say that they are more about Aftershocks than Patrick Chan, nor can you say Aftershocks is simply jealous of Patrick Chan, whether written in iambic pentamters or not.

Any comments in relation to Johnny though.......

aftershocks
06-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Hi ya, antmanb! Nice try, btw. :D

Ah but, yes you are absolutely right about however you happen to perceive whatever. And I bet that says more about you than it does about me. ;)

Love those iambic pentameters ... very difficult to master the art.

But as usual, stray as we might: Johnny is still Johnny, and now that He's BAAACK, I guess :rofl: :yikes: Johnny threads on FSU are kinda comin' back too. :wall: All and I do mean all to no one's avail me thinks. But like everything on the planet, THIS TOO SHALL PASS. And for now, could it be, could it possibly be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E12ykihvCHk

spikydurian
06-18-2012, 11:29 PM
You are a very odd person, aftershocks. I suppose that's true of most ubers, though.
Off thread, not me Milanessa. I am NORMAL. :P

bardtoob
06-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Non-fans shouldn't bash :argue: Fans shouldn't accuse non-fans of bashing :argue: Non-fans shouldn't bash :argue: Fans shouldn't accuse non-fans of bashing . . . :rollin: Sonia, Cecelia, Tenley, Carol, Linda, Annette, Roz, Kat, Deb, Midori, Kristi, Nancy, Tonya, Nicole, Michelle, Tara, Irina . . . Johnny, Evan

. . . Patrick . . . :rofl:

aftershocks
06-19-2012, 05:25 PM
. . . ISU judges . . . :rofl:

. . . old Russian lady . . . :rofl:

…And for now, could it be, could it possibly be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E12ykihvCHk

:duh: Guess not.

Off-season, perhaps? Uh, no I forgot, it's a Johnny thread posted in GSD 'cause it started out being an interview with the one and only, which whether a light trifle with a few zingers and stingers or not, excites all kinds of reactions even from those who profess not the slightest interest in either the subject matter or in the one and only himself. Only on FSU?

Some of us twitter twatter, while others bitter batter or pitter patter and jibber jabber ….

Ohhh, baby baby it’s a wild world
It’s hard to get by just upon a smile …
-- Cat Stevens

http://www.twitvid.com/6DUMW

http://chebur.hobby.ru/

luCN
06-20-2012, 07:14 AM
I've post this on the fan thread.but...seems most fans and other people prefer to this thread,so post here too....

It's a long interview from a chinese website,and I think people here may have interest on some informations in it.my english isn't good enough,so I won't translate the whole article,just some tips about figure skating.
here's the link to the entire interview:http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2012-06-18/18136105777.shtml?bsh_bid=101327229

·he didn't want to compete until he was invited to the American nations,and see the male skater's situation.he think he's still competitive,but he doesn't come back for the medals.
·he didn't get well with the American federation,but they support him very much this time.they give him 2 GPs.He think that's because they think he's good to spread figure skating in America
·his SP music if from lady gaga,and LP is Phonix.
·he and his coach have made SP and LP,just need to add some details in the summer.maybe he'll work with David Wilson on the LP,if they has time.
·he will add Quads in both of SP and LP
·he have hired Morozov to help him on step sequence
·some of the skaters show how difficult figure skating can be,but he growed under the old rules.he want to let everybody think they can skate too.he want to show "smooth" perfomance,not(the opposite)
·he won't be a coach or choreographer.he saw his coach got to the rink on 7:30 everyday through the years,wearing coat,shiver with cold.that's not what he wants.he will compete on the Olympics for the 3rd time,and then think what to do next.
·now figure skating for him is not a "life-and-death" thing.and his coach also accept that,he has husband,his own thing beside figure skating.so they get on better now.

Cherub721
06-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks luCN!

Did he give any clarification about his SP music? I know he had said Lady Gaga gave the music to him, but did he make it clear whether it's actually music that Lady Gaga composed or someone else's music she recommended?

luCN
06-21-2012, 03:44 AM
no,like other articles,he just said "the SP music is from lady gaga".

spikydurian
06-21-2012, 04:12 AM
Good to hear he will add quads to his SP and LP. He needs Qs to have any podium chances. Looking forward to his programs particularly Lady Gaga's!

Rosier Juleps
06-23-2012, 08:24 PM
The info about the Edwin Marton Chopin piece being part of his LP music came from an AOI press conference.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwkBHd7Dicw

the sound quality is not very good.

AliasJohnDoe
06-24-2012, 06:01 PM
On Kathy Griffin's Bravo show last night, Kathy and Anderson Cooper are talking about a passenger on a plane trying to take his picture. At one point, Anderson mentions Johnny Weir was sitting next to him on the plane. Wonder what they talked about. :lol:
http://www.toofab.com/2012/06/22/anderson-cooper-kathy-griffin-fight-video/

I also noticed Griffins referred to Weir as an Olympic Champion. :confused::lol: