PDA

View Full Version : Boston it is! 2014 Nationals

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

Casey2
01-29-2013, 02:52 AM
I'd like to see the scoring pages in a durable program. I save my Nationals programs and do refer to them later. I also like to have the starting orders and previous results handed out prior to the competitions. I like the media guide also. This is now available on line and I plan to take my ipad to Boston. (Now I just have to survive the learning curve!)

YukiNieve
02-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Thinking of staying closer to Convention Center since I love to watch practices.
Is the area around the Convention Center fine to walk at night?

SkateFan66
02-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Thinking of staying closer to Convention Center since I love to watch practices.
Is the area around the Convention Center fine to walk at night?

The senior level practices will be held at the TD Garden.

YukiNieve
02-03-2013, 06:34 PM
The senior level practices will be held at the TD Garden.

All of them?
Usually, senior skaters also practice at the practice rink until the final weekend, don't they?
Besides, I love to watch novice/junior level skaters if possible... ;)

Boston2014
02-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Is the area around the Convention Center fine to walk at night?The BCEC is in the Seaport District. While this area is fairly industrial (most of the older buildings are former warehouses that are now office space), the Seaport District has been transformed over the past several years into a thriving nightlife hub for both locals and tourists. In addition to three major hotels, there are two convention centers (the BCEC and the older World Trade Center), as well as a slew of very popular restaurants and bars that draw a lot of people, so there are usually a fair number of crowds around at night. (And there are more hot spots underway, including a new place by Mario Battali that should be open by next year.)

There are also several major employers who have headquarters or have large employee groups situated within the Seaport - Manulife Financial and Fidelity are two - so in addition to revelers, the area also has a lot of people who are there for work. And although the area used to be primarily commercial, over the past 5+ years they have been converting a lot of the space to super deluxe (and expensive!) condos.

I used to work there 15+ years ago when it was fairly desolate and an outpost of artists, and I never had any concerns walking around late at night. Everyone should use their own judgment in assessing their own personal safety, though, and use basic common sense: read your map beforehand so you know where you're going, don't walk around talking on a the phone (but do have your phone handy to dial 911 if needed), walk in lighted areas, cross the street if you see someone who makes you uncomfortable, and remain aware of your surroundings. But that's stuff we should all be doing no matter where we are.

In case people missed it, we have an article on the Seaport (http://www.boston2014.com/neighborhoods/seaport-district/) on our web site (as well as articles on other Boston neighborhoods).

SkateFan66
02-03-2013, 07:06 PM
All of them?
Usually, senior skaters also practice at the practice rink until the final weekend, don't they?
Besides, I love to watch novice/junior level skaters if possible... ;)

Per the event website:

"All senior-level competitions and practices will be held at the TD Garden, home to the Boston Bruins and Celtics professional sports teams. Other competitive events and official practice sessions will be held at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC), a dynamic multifunction space in the lively Seaport District."

YukiNieve
02-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Thanks, Boston 2014! That is very imformative. :respec:

Thanks also SkateFan66! I overlooked it. :)

acraven
02-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Per the event website:

"All senior-level competitions and practices will be held at the TD Garden, home to the Boston Bruins and Celtics professional sports teams. Other competitive events and official practice sessions will be held at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC), a dynamic multifunction space in the lively Seaport District."

However, I remember reading (perhaps here, perhaps elsewhere on the Boston2014 website) that some of the junior events will also be at the TD Garden. So if that has changed, I wonder if some of the senior practices may have to be at BCEC. It might come down to that or holding some of the senior practices at unattractive hours.

SkateFan66
02-03-2013, 09:40 PM
However, I remember reading (perhaps here, perhaps elsewhere on the Boston2014 website) that some of the junior events will also be at the TD Garden. So if that has changed, I wonder if some of the senior practices may have to be at BCEC. It might come down to that or holding some of the senior practices at unattractive hours.

Both the event website, and the information that was distributed in Omaha, specifically states that ALL senior practices will be at TD Garden. It is my understanding that the "practice ice" at TD Garden will be separate from the "competition ice."

Boston2014
02-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Based on what we have been told by U.S. Figure Skating at this point, the plan is to hold all senior events, including practices, at the TD Garden. However, the schedule is not within our control and is subject to change, as we have noted previously. Ultimately, the event referee owns the schedule and if changes need to be made to better accommodate the athletes, they will be.

If event history is any indication, spectators should expect at least some schedule changes of some sort, but we have no way of knowing what they will be. The good news is that the BCEC and the TD Garden are within two miles of each other, so if an event or practice does end up getting moved from one venue to another, it will still all be in the same general neighborhood.

Boston2014
02-03-2013, 10:42 PM
It is my understanding that the "practice ice" at TD Garden will be separate from the "competition ice."The TD Garden can only house a single sheet of ice, so whether for the actual competition or practice, it will be the same ice surface.

Sylvia
02-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Re-posting this question from elsewhere:

I would like to go to the 2014 Boston Nationals.

If I just wanted to see the Ladies short and long programs, how much would the cheapest ticket be?
It's not known yet. From the Tickets FAQ: http://www.boston2014.com/tickets/

Single Session Tickets

Single session tickets will go on sale in Fall 2013 at all Ticketmaster locations, ticketmaster.com and the TD Garden box office. An announcement of the date will be made on the home page of boston2014.com, as well as by email to everyone who has registered for official event information updates.

Other Ticket Options

There are no other ticket options or packages planned at this time.

TheIronLady
02-10-2013, 05:06 AM
Will tickets for practices be sold separately from other package or single event tickets?

SkateFan66
02-10-2013, 05:31 AM
Will tickets for practices be sold separately from other package or single event tickets?

Per the "Frequently Asked Question" section of the official website, www.Boston2014.com:

"Practice passes will not be sold separately from an all-event ticket."

nicecardshark
02-21-2013, 01:44 AM
Can any Boston-area residents suggest reasonably-priced hotels or other lodging in suburban Boston, easily accessible utilizing MBTA?

This has probably been addressed earlier in this thread but there are likely others wondering what good housing options might be available during next year's Nationals.

Thanks.