PDA

View Full Version : Boston it is! 2014 Nationals

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

UMBS Go Blue
01-23-2013, 06:55 AM
Generally, in my experience, group hotel rates, even discounted ones like the ones negotiated for Nats, are eligible for rewards points. And I say this not only as a Marriott Gold Elite and Hilton Silver VIP but also as someone who has used official skating event hotel rates in the past (before Hilton was the official sponsor) and gotten points for them.

The hotel rates that are not eligible for rewards points are deep-discounted ones like those seen on discount sites such as Hotels.com and the auction feature on Priceline.com.

All this having been said, the rates, top-tier business hotels, and super-prime locations negotiated by the Boston 2014 committee for such an expensive hotel city are phenomenal, points or no points. :)

Carolla5501
01-28-2013, 01:37 AM
And in spite of my best intentions..., I bought an All Event ticket. The reasonable hotel combined with a few free nights at a friends and Boston
(Which I love) won me over.

One request Boston, please go back to the REAL program. No $2 newspapers with day old articles

Boston2014
01-28-2013, 02:00 AM
And in spite of my best intentions..., I bought an All Event ticket. :D

One request Boston, please go back to the REAL program. No $2 newspapers with day old articlesI will pass that along to TPTB.

Carolla5501
01-28-2013, 05:38 PM
:D

I will pass that along to TPTB.

Actually maybe I should hope you stay on the paper. It probably saved me money. I didn't buy the program ($10 for adds and "welcome to Omaha letters" LOL!) and I didn't buy the newspapers. :) (But I won't pay $2 for a newspaper that's not current and is reprinting articles that were in the free paper provided by my hotel a day or so earlier.)

SkateFan66
01-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Actually maybe I should hope you stay on the paper. It probably saved me money. I didn't buy the program ($10 for adds and "welcome to Omaha letters" LOL!) and I didn't buy the newspapers. :) (But I won't pay $2 for a newspaper that's not current and is reprinting articles that were in the free paper provided by my hotel a day or so earlier.)

The $2 daily paper included the start order for each event, and the bios for each skater that was competing that day.

JeffClair1979
01-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Does anyone happen to know from booking at the Hilton whether or not they zap your credit card for the whole thing now, or is the card just to make the reservation as is most common with other Hotels? I want to reserve early, but I worry that I'll get a surprise on my bill next month!!

Also, what hotels is everyone choosing? Do we know which hotel will have most of the skaters? I need to plan my lobbychiking before I book a hotel! I also want to make sure there will be FSUers to hang out with in whatever hotel I choose.

The Hilton is not near the other hotels, but is closer to the TD Garden... What does everyone here think?

Carolla5501
01-28-2013, 07:21 PM
The $2 daily paper included the start order for each event, and the bios for each skater that was competing that day.

Yes, all of that used to be included in the program. I was not impressed with the "improvement". I want it all in one easy to locate location, not 10 days of newspapers....

Carolla5501
01-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Does anyone happen to know from booking at the Hilton whether or not they zap your credit card for the whole thing now, or is the card just to make the reservation as is most common with other Hotels? I want to reserve early, but I worry that I'll get a surprise on my bill next month!!

Also, what hotels is everyone choosing? Do we know which hotel will have most of the skaters? I need to plan my lobbychiking before I book a hotel! I also want to make sure there will be FSUers to hang out with in whatever hotel I choose.

The Hilton is not near the other hotels, but is closer to the TD Garden... What does everyone here think?

Skaters etc are at the Westin. Right now it's "blocked" by USFSA I did check online and can get a room for $599 a night... I don't think so. :)

The Hilton did not charge my card just used it for a gurantee. Cancellation is 42 days in advance.

Boston2014
01-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Does anyone happen to know from booking at the Hilton whether or not they zap your credit card for the whole thing now, or is the card just to make the reservation as is most common with other Hotels? I want to reserve early, but I worry that I'll get a surprise on my bill next month!!Credit cards are to guarantee the reservation; no deposit is charged now.

yankgrl46
01-28-2013, 08:28 PM
I booked a room from Thursday thru Monday just in case I end up going. Thankfully there is flexibility in the cancellation policy. I am hopeful, but doubtful that there will be a championship weekend package offered. I was thankful that I was able to book a room just in case. Asa teacher, I cannot leave my kids for lithe full week. I miss when the completion ended on Saturday as it allowed for travel day on Sunday.

missing
01-28-2013, 08:48 PM
I wasn't at Nationals, but I knew those "newspapers" were actually programs.

Still, on TV, it looked as though people in the stands were leafing through their newspapers, rather than watching the skating.

I didn't think that was a good image.

TanithandBenFan
01-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Skaters etc are at the Westin. Right now it's "blocked" by USFSA I did check online and can get a room for $599 a night... I don't think so. :)

The Hilton did not charge my card just used it for a gurantee. Cancellation is 42 days in advance.

The Westin is open to spectators Thursday-Sunday with the special $159 rate if anyone's only coming in for the latter part of the week.

Carolla5501
01-28-2013, 10:18 PM
The Westin is open to spectators Thursday-Sunday with the special $159 rate if anyone's only coming in for the latter part of the week.

Thanks. Is that on the Boston page for booking. Might move there, but I do like the Hilton location better. Decisions....

TanithandBenFan
01-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Thanks. Is that on the Boston page for booking. Might move there, but I do like the Hilton location better. Decisions....

Yep, it was there last week when I booked. I like being connected to the BCEC.

JeffClair1979
01-29-2013, 02:25 AM
Thanks to all! I think I'll book the Hilton tomorrow- hope there's an FSU cocktail night so we can all cut loose!!

I also really like the location of the Hilton- it's just about halfway between both venues.