PDA

View Full Version : Boston it is! 2014 Nationals

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

Carolla5501
01-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Boston2014, I received that same e-mail today. :lol: Thanks for all the information, everyone. I'm also considering going if I feel my situation is better and I'm stronger by that time. My question is how long do I have before I make the decision. I know and realize I probably can't wait too long.

I am not the person from Boston, but IMHO if the cancellation policy is reasonable I would book a room ASAP. That's what I plan to do if it's reasonable and then cancel if I can't go. I have not bought tickets and will probably wind up with the event by event option as I just can't justify a week off of work, but... even Boston will proably have tickets on into late this year. (I know they want to be optomisitic and say it's going to sell out at All Event sales, but... I kind of doubt it : ) )

Theatregirl1122
01-18-2013, 01:25 AM
I would agree that if the cancellation policy gives you some time, it's best to just book as soon as we are able. The only problem is that will probably include paying for it now which is unfortunate for my credit card... ;)

TanithandBenFan
01-18-2013, 01:37 AM
I would agree that if the cancellation policy gives you some time, it's best to just book as soon as we are able. The only problem is that will probably include paying for it now which is unfortunate for my credit card... ;)

I think there may have been only one or two times in thirteen years where I've had to put down a deposit for a Nats hotel through the LOC. Don't know if this year will be different, but I'm not expecting to pay anything when I book a room.

Boston2014, is the Westin still off-limits to spectators?

Boston2014
01-18-2013, 01:50 AM
I'm also considering going if I feel my situation is better and I'm stronger by that time. My question is how long do I have before I make the decision. I know and realize I probably can't wait too long.If you're flexible about where you sit, you have time, but if you have a specific section in mind, you might want to check with Susan on availability to get a sense of whether your top choice is likely to remain available for a while. As far as hotels go, I'm trying to find out what the cancellation policy will be and will get back to everyone.

Boston2014, is the Westin still off-limits to spectators?It's not that it's off limits, it's just fully committed already. If that changes, we'll let everyone know.

CoyoteChris
01-19-2013, 01:31 AM
Anyone with an order number higher than 250 have their card charged yet? I will talk to Susan at Omaha and see when she thinks Mine will be charged.....

CoyoteChris
01-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Just an FYI...Hotels went on sale today at 11 am....by 11:25, The Ren was sold out if you wanted to buy rooms for the entire week. At 11:30, I got a room at the Seaport. I tried again in two hours to see if I could get into the Ren or the the Hilton through the skating website but both sites were froze up...could be a coincidence....sun spots or something....I will talk with Susan when she gets here to Omaha tomarrow and see if any other hotels want to get into the act at the low rates offered. I tried to get in contact by telephone with the Ren to see if they would open up any more rooms , (I wanted those Marriott points) and got passed over to three people and the last, head of events, had a voicemail that said she would be off till "Jan 3rd" (sic) enjoying the world.:lol: The fun part of all this was standing in lines for computer terminals at the hotels here in Omaha trying to get time to book rooms during the skating....

mposl
01-21-2013, 11:44 PM
I tried to book my rooms today but I need 2 rooms and you can only book 1 unless you have prior approval from the organizing committee. I e-mailed them, I hope I hear back soon.

Casey2
01-22-2013, 01:28 AM
My major surprise was finding out that I needed to book with a credit card that expired after Jan 2014. I finally got around that, but I wish I had had some warning. I booked at the Ren and I think it was after 11:30 due to credit card angst. Watching the 2013 nats has me psyched for Boston.

Debbie S
01-22-2013, 04:06 AM
I tried to get in contact by telephone with the Ren to see if they would open up any more rooms , (I wanted those Marriott points) and got passed over to three people and the last, head of events, had a voicemail that said she would be off till "Jan 3rd" (sic) enjoying the world.:lol: FYI, you likely won't get reward points since you are booking with a discounted group rate. I am not familiar with the specifics of Marriott's rewards program, but I have encountered that with other hotel rewards programs.

I got online shortly before noon EST and booked at the Seaport. Looking forward to next year!

Now I can turn my attention to ordering tix for Greensboro. :)

TanithandBenFan
01-22-2013, 04:24 AM
I've been able to get Hilton reward points when using the Skate America special rate the past few years. I was able to input my Starwood number for the Boston Westin, so I hope I can get a few points there, too. :)

Carolla5501
01-22-2013, 04:34 AM
I just booked the Hilton and it specifically asked for my number so I could earn rewards.

RobinA
01-22-2013, 01:41 PM
I booked into the Hilton with no problem at about 12:30p on Monday. That was my first choice, so I wasn't complaining. Luckily, I had a credit card with the appropriate expiration date. My only question now is...train or car. I'm leaning towards the train because I don't like the Philadelphia - Boston drive. The parking versus train ticket cost pretty much evens out, so that's not a factor.

Casey2
01-22-2013, 05:16 PM
We're planning to take the train. Snow/ice/etc is a real possibility and trains usually run.

peibeck
01-22-2013, 10:28 PM
FYI, you likely won't get reward points since you are booking with a discounted group rate. I am not familiar with the specifics of Marriott's rewards program, but I have encountered that with other hotel rewards programs.

I got Hilton Honor points in San Jose at the discounted rate, and it let me enter my Hilton Honors code when booking for Boston this afternoon.

overedge
01-23-2013, 05:44 AM
I got Hilton Honor points in San Jose at the discounted rate, and it let me enter my Hilton Honors code when booking for Boston this afternoon.

But that may be because HHHilton is the official hhhotel sponsor of USFS, is it not?