PDA

View Full Version : Boston it is! 2014 Nationals

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

skatesindreams
10-04-2012, 12:13 AM
I am hoping that Boston2014 will give us a 'heads up' on when we can make hotel reservations.

Patience...I'm sure she will!

TanithandBenFan
10-04-2012, 12:53 AM
OK, got my seats, now I am hoping that Boston2014 will give us a 'heads up' on when we can make hotel reservations. Majorly psyched!

If you sign up for Boston 2014's mailing list (http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001K8xwuOsUSHq1ADxYlmrpffrkfEUSvziX4tHBNUHPsP FjGEexNHQx9rfYVDx2tzLJLTRDR1zt31Y%3D), they send out notices before all important dates. ;)

RobinA
10-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Very happy with my seats. Row 15, blue line, end seat. My favorite row is 10, but I decided to save $100+ since I have another big trip planned next year. Now it's fingers crossed about the hotel, cause I've gotten every e-mail they've sent EXCEPT the one announcing that tickets went on sale!

skatesindreams
10-04-2012, 02:18 PM
From what I understand. reservations for the official hotels will begin in about a month.

Carol in NC
10-05-2012, 04:13 AM
I had to opportunity to meet Susan while attending An Evening with Champions last weekend at Harvard. She had a table there promoting the 2014 Nationals. I relayed how appreciative we were for the time she takes to make sure we get the seats we want and providing us updates. She said it was going to take some time to get through all the requests.

Boston2014
10-09-2012, 03:45 AM
For everyone who has submitted an order for all-event tickets - we are still working on sending out all the email confirms and putting all the credit card charges through. We expect to complete everything this week, but in the meantime, please be assured that if you have spoken with Susan, we have your order, your tickets are reserved and your card will be charged shortly.

Thanks. :)

missing
10-09-2012, 03:50 AM
Thank you again Boston2014 for keeping us informed.

Do you have an ETA for the hotel reservations?

Sylvia
10-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Bump up for this question:

Has anyone gotten a confirmation of their ticket purchase? It has been several weeks and I have gotten nothing. I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have paid the credit card bill. :(

Aceon6
10-22-2012, 06:58 PM
The charge is on my bill, but I never received the email confirmation either. My order was processed on the 2nd.

Boston2014
10-22-2012, 11:48 PM
I am looking into this, but please rest assured that even if you haven't received an email confirm yet, if you've spoken with Susan, your order is safe. I'll find out what the holdup with the email confirms is. :)

Boston2014
10-23-2012, 01:49 AM
Update: Confirms should start going out next week. Because each confirm will be personalized with your individual seat selection and this will require a manual effort, it will take us a little while to work our way through all orders. Until then, please know that your seats are secure and thanks again for your patience.

CoyoteChris
10-26-2012, 04:04 AM
I have to say I am very impressed with Boston2014. Returning from SA Kent, I decided that I would try Boston. I got ahold of Susan and in no time I had a list of available isle seats in the VIP section. In less than 12 hours I went from "unsure about going" to Isle seat, second row. I also like the fact that you will be providing for a fee a shuttle between the main event hotels and both venues for VIPers (Vipers?). She told me some other things I dont feel at liberty to talk about but they are very positive things . I am impressed. It is so nice for a fan to be treated like a valued person instead of a necessary evil. Thank you for your hard work. It is refreshing to see event organizers who have a handle on things this far in advance, unlike another event comming up that will remain nameless.

Debbie S
10-26-2012, 04:22 AM
I also like the fact that you will be providing for a fee a shuttle between the main event hotels and both venues for VIPers (Vipers?). I assume that the shuttle will be for all ticketholders (or at least the All-Event ticketholders), not just those who purchased the VIP seats? Yes, I agree, the Boston LOC has been great so far!

CoyoteChris
10-26-2012, 05:46 PM
I assume that the shuttle will be for all ticketholders (or at least the All-Event ticketholders), not just those who purchased the VIP seats? Yes, I agree, the Boston LOC has been great so far!
This following quote is from the official web site, FAQ-Transportation:
"As an additional service for interested all-event ticket holders who reserve a room at one of the official hotels, the local organizing committee will offer a private shuttle bus system between the official hotels and the event venues for an additional fee. The fee will be based on demand and the cost of the service. More information about shuttle service (including pricing, schedule and how to purchase a shuttle pass) will be provided in the fall of 2013 when we know more about spectator interest. To minimize the cost of a shuttle pass and over crowding on the buses, the system will be limited to spectators purchasing all-event tickets and staying at one of the official hotels."
I dont look for this pass to be cheep, but not knowing Boston's Mass transportation system and having some bad experiences in other cities, I am going the shuttle route. If you feel comfortable with using mass transportation, I would look into that on the web and you might save yourself some bucks....the safety record of Boston's system is probably very high and you will be with many other fans. Your personal risk at even 11 pm probably will be nill. I just got unlucky once.

TanithandBenFan
10-26-2012, 05:51 PM
This following quote is from the official web site, FAQ-Transportation:
"As an additional service for interested all-event ticket holders who reserve a room at one of the official hotels, the local organizing committee will offer a private shuttle bus system between the official hotels and the event venues for an additional fee. The fee will be based on demand and the cost of the service. More information about shuttle service (including pricing, schedule and how to purchase a shuttle pass) will be provided in the fall of 2013 when we know more about spectator interest. To minimize the cost of a shuttle pass and over crowding on the buses, the system will be limited to spectators purchasing all-event tickets and staying at one of the official hotels."
I dont look for this pass to be cheep, but not knowing Boston's Mass transportation system and having some bad experiences in other cities, I am going the shuttle route. If you feel comfortable with using mass transportation, I would look into that on the web and you might save yourself some bucks....the safety record of Boston's system is probably very high and you will be with many other fans. Your personal risk at even 11 pm probably will be nill. I just got unlucky once.

Boston's "T" is awesome and super convenient but unfortunately the official hotels aren't close to any of the rail stations, so I'll be opting for the shuttle.