PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Free Press: Coach Igor Shpilband fired from position at Canton's Arctic FSC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

leafygreens
06-04-2012, 08:29 PM
She adds that their working relationship is not over yet, they could start again - "nothing is impossible"

Marina said a reconciliation is not out of the question? If that's the case, it doesn't seem very professional to air your dirty laundry simply as a threat to your business partner. And it is very weird that rink management would get involved. Would Igor even consider coming back after being treated this way?

Zemgirl
06-04-2012, 08:35 PM
I figure Evgeni Platov, Dubreuil/Lauzon and Zazoui/Haguenauer could all take on additional teams, though whether or not this would be a good fit, I have no idea. There's also Yasa and Yuri - and, um, Linichuk? And I'm sure a lot of skaters will stick with either Shpilband or Zoueva.

I imagine Marina already has a plan in place for how to continue, and Igor will figure something out quickly. But waiting for things to become clearer can't be much fun for the skaters.

Chock and Zuerlein were more of a Shpilband team; are C/B like that, too? I haven't paid much attention to them.

Macassar88
06-04-2012, 08:37 PM
I figure Evgeni Platov, Dubreuil/Lauzon and Muriel Zazoui could all take on additional teams, though whether or not this would be a good fit, I have no idea. There's also Yasa and Yuri - and, um, Linichuk? And I'm sure a lot of skaters will stick with either Shpilband or Zoueva.

I imagine Marina already has a plan in place for how to continue, and Igor will figure something out quickly. But waiting for things to become clearer can't be much fun for the skaters.

Chock and Zuerlein were more of a Shpilband team; are C/B like that, too? I haven't paid much attention to them.

I think Linichuk could do a good job with some teams, but only for technique. Some of those DomShab and Belbin Agosto programs were just :yikes:

Rochelle
06-04-2012, 08:38 PM
On top of that, icenetwork does make some really silly errors. i am not sure whether this is one of them, however they have given no details to support the argument that Igor will not be coaching the Davis/White in the main article.

The photo caption has changed on the icenetwork second article (About Igor searching for rinks).

It now reads "Igor Shpilband's client list is uncertain following his dismissal from the Arctic Edge FSC. (Getty Images)"

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120604&content_id=32741600&vkey=ice_news

aka_gerbil
06-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Linichuk would have to be on the list of options, IMO, as would Yasa and Yuri (but outside choroegraphy for sure if someone ends up there).

I'm sure Marina has a plan, but would that plan that sounds good to her, but it's entirely possible it's "no dice" with the skaters.

aka_gerbil
06-04-2012, 08:45 PM
I think Linichuk could do a good job with some teams, but only for technique. Some of those DomShab and Belbin Agosto programs were just :yikes:

I actually really liked the stuff she did for B/A because I thought it was a return to where they started (their early stuff was definitely not perk) rather than a departure from their style as some people say. I liked the stuff that Linichuk did for F/S at the time. The real stinkers were DomShabs 09/10 programs, and I think because of those, all of the rest get lumped in there together.

Her work for DenStavs in their last few seasons was certainly impressive, and if she went more in that direction, there could be something fabulous there.

Dragonlady
06-04-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't think anyone will be going to Linichuk asfter what happened with Dom/Shabs and B&A.

Zemgirl
06-04-2012, 08:49 PM
I don't think anyone will be going to Linichuk asfter what happened with Dom/Shabs and B&A.
DomShabs was an epic politiking job, and she did what she could to disguise his very messed up knees. I agree with aka_gerbil re F/S (where those her programs, though?) and DenStavs.

I cannot excuse the Moldovan OD, however, nor Ben's Elvis impersonator FD costume.

maggylyn
From what Shpilband is saying, this caught him totally by surprise. So it is possible that there was hardly any communication to Shpilband.

I'm not sure I'm believing anyone right now. Everyone (coaches and rink management) is going to want their side of things to appear to be in the right.

Until there's more information, it's just so much speculation. I doubt Marina is all evil and Igor all good. Or vice versa.

The initial statement about the top three teams being united in asking that Igor leave seems weird.

bmcg
I thought F&S came to her with those programs after the season had already started?

sk8ers
06-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Well WOW!!! Certainly a story behind the story -only time will tell if we get the real scoop. D/W came from DSC however I find it hard to believe there is room for Igor when Pasquale/Anjelica have everything and everyone running smoothly there. Ann Arbor is a possibility.

aka_gerbil
06-04-2012, 08:59 PM
I thought F&S came to her with those programs after the season had already started?

Hmm. Possibly? That's been 3 years ago already...

I still loved B/A's programs that year. I also wonder if DomShabs would have had better stuff if poor Max's knees had been in better shape.

At this point, for all the teams involved, there's no guarantee that staying with one or the other of Igor and Marina would be any better than changing coaches all together.

casken
06-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Wheeee the story is already changing. :rofl:

Zueva really f*ucked this up, even if what she says is true.

carriecmu0503
06-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Well WOW!!! Certainly a story behind the story -only time will tell if we get the real scoop. D/W came from DSC however I find it hard to believe there is room for Igor when Pasquale/Anjelica have everything and everyone running smoothly there. Ann Arbor is a possibility.

I doubt Ann Arbor would be possible. Not only are Yasa and Yuri there, but Brandon Forsyth is also well established there.

LadyNit
06-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Ugh. Who cares about Linichuk? She's a desperate has-been. :scream: I despise her for creating dances that relied on costume handles to facilitate lifts and such. gaaaaah. Foul play. Foul play.