PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at Eaton's Centre Food Court?

Pages : [1] 2

AragornElessar
06-03-2012, 12:15 AM
I watch CTV Toronto news due to my own local news being just nothing but crap anymore and just before they signed off, this news broke. Understandably the details are still coming out, but it sounds like someone opened fire in the Food Court and two people have been shot that are known of.

Bay and Yonge and Yonge and Dundas are blocked off and the police presence is unbelievable right now. I'm watching on CP 24 and...Just unreal!!

AragornElessar
06-03-2012, 12:47 AM
CP 24 now reporting six shot and one fatally.

Dragonlady
06-03-2012, 01:32 AM
My in-laws called in a panic to check that no one at our house was at the Eaton Centre. I assured her no one from this house was involved.

Watching the news on CP24 - scary stuff.

milanessa
06-03-2012, 01:41 AM
:( Horrific.

Buzz
06-03-2012, 01:55 AM
The Eaton Center is my favorite hangout and I am usually wondering there before work on weekends. But because of all the subway troubles of late I decided to stay away this weekend. Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

manhn
06-03-2012, 02:30 AM
I just called my dad to see if my uncle's family is OK. Fortunately, they are on holiday in the USA.

I hope all the Ontario fsu'ers and their loved ones are safe.

Lara
06-03-2012, 03:16 AM
For it to happen in such a public place is extra horrific. :eek: :( And I know it can happen anywhere (look at Norway) but its just harder to accept when it's Canada.

RIP to the one dead and thoughts are with the injured. :(

AragornElessar
06-03-2012, 03:18 AM
I turned it over to the Stanley Cup Final Game Two at 8pm, so haven't heard anything new since then. Anyone heard anything new?

Buzz
06-03-2012, 03:22 AM
No, nothing new and the suspect is still at large.

victoriajh
06-03-2012, 03:23 AM
they still have eaton's in toronto?

flowerpower
06-03-2012, 03:33 AM
they still have eaton's in toronto?

No.:( But the Eaton's Centre name lives on! So sad to hear of something like this. Just goes to show - can happen anywhere these days.

Dragonlady
06-03-2012, 04:15 AM
It's been reported that 8 people are involved. One is dead, two are in critical condition.

The Eaton Centre and the whole Yonge/Dundas area has always been the town centre for Toronto. I worked in one of the office towers there for a year and the scene of the shooting was where I excited the subway and entered my building every day.

Witnesses talked about the fear and panic and just getting out the building as fast as possible. People from the businesses said the mall was especially busy when this happened. This will profoundly affect the whole city.

A thirteen year-old boy is said to be one of the two in critical condition.

Really
06-03-2012, 02:25 PM
:( I have a half brother who lives not far from Maple Leaf Gardens; he doesn't drive, so he walks around that area a lot. I hope he was at home yesterday afternoon!

Thoughts go out to all the victims and their families...

paskatefan
06-03-2012, 03:51 PM
So sad! I heart Toronto and all of Canada, and hate to read these kinds of stories. My heart goes out to the victims & their families.

Dragonlady
06-03-2012, 04:26 PM
The young boy has had his condition upgraded from critical, and all but two of the surviving victims were treated and released. The pregnant woman who was trampled and went into labour did not have her baby, and the shooter is still at large.

The police have asked anyone with video both inside or outside of the Eaton centre to turn it in.

Witnesses said the shooter ran off immediately. He may have just blended in with the escaping crowds. The shootings happened in the north end of the mall which means he could have hopped on the subway before trains started bypassing the Dundas and Queen Street stops, or gone outside and jumped on a streetcar at Yonge and Dundas.