PDA

View Full Version : Flagbearers

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

love_skate2011
08-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Neta Rivkin (rhythmic gymnastics) will be the Israeli flagbearer in the closing ceremony. I'm not really sure how many other Israeli Olympians are still in London, to be honest, but she deserves the honor.
Good for Neta :cheer2:

I will be shocked if Russia will not choose their Queen Kanaeva to be their flag bearer tomorrow :soapbox:

MikiAndoFan#1
08-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Portugal: Fernando Pimenta (silver medal in canoeing). :)

floskate
08-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Re: Ainslie for GB. I totally get this decision. He is the most successful Olympic GB sailor in history, has constantly delivered for his nation and after winning his 4th gold medal he is about to retire. I'm totally fine with the decision and find this a very fitting tribute.

Bournekraatzfan
08-11-2012, 10:54 PM
India : Mary Kom, i couldn't be more happy for her. That olympic medal make her hero for women's sport, as well as for North Eastern athletes in India

Portugal: Fernando Pimenta (silver medal in canoeing). :)

Thanks for posting these! Both good choices!

Marta24
08-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Italy: Daniele Molmenti (Gold in canoeing)

Garden Kitty
08-12-2012, 02:56 AM
Neta Rivkin (rhythmic gymnastics) will be the Israeli flagbearer in the closing ceremony. I'm not really sure how many other Israeli Olympians are still in London, to be honest, but she deserves the honor.

I realize it would be disrespectful with a flag, but I can't help thinking it would be fun to have a rhythmic gymnast flagbearer toss the flag in the air, twirl around in a bielmann and catch the flag all while marching, and then twirl the flag like the ribbon apparatus . :shuffle:

Castlerock
08-12-2012, 03:15 AM
Considering Canada only won 1 gold, I think it would probably be Rosie. She had a great story too. But I am fine with Sinclair. This is the last Olympics for a number of athletes (who won medals) so I am not sure it would be Despatie.

Bournekraatzfan
08-12-2012, 03:25 AM
I realize it would be disrespectful with a flag, but I can't help thinking it would be fun to have a rhythmic gymnast flagbearer toss the flag in the air, twirl around in a bielmann and catch the flag all while marching, and then twirl the flag like the ribbon apparatus . :shuffle:

:lol:

MR-FAN
08-12-2012, 03:35 AM
Considering Canada only won 1 gold, I think it would probably be Rosie. She had a great story too. But I am fine with Sinclair. This is the last Olympics for a number of athletes (who won medals) so I am not sure it would be Despatie.

How about Emilie Heymans? First female Diver and First Canadian to win medals at 4 consecutive Olympics :respec:

mocha-ice
08-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Just announced, it will be Christine Sinclair for Canada

Zemgirl
08-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Well, Stephane Lambiel did do some kind of spin-like stuff when he was flagbearer in Vancouver.

misskarne
08-12-2012, 01:42 PM
I eat my own words...

Malcolm Page is going to be Australia's flagbearer!

He is one of our sailors from the 470 class (I think). He is "supposed" to be retiring after this Games. What a great choice!

pumba
08-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Good for Neta :cheer2:

I will be shocked if Russia will not choose their Queen Kanaeva to be their flag bearer tomorrow :soapbox:

For Russia this will be Anastasia Davydova - the only 5-time OGM in synchronized swimming in the world. Not a bad alternative to Evgenia ;)

Garden Kitty
08-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Tweet from Oscar Pistorius:

Really feel honoured to be chosen to carry the SA flag in the closing ceremony tonight! What a great ending to the games it'll be! :)

beepbeep
08-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Brazil will have boxer Esquiva Falc„o (silver medallist) as the flagbearer.