PDA

View Full Version : Kirkland Lake and Timmins Area of Ontario FSUer's Please Check In!!

AragornElessar
05-26-2012, 01:17 AM
For those who don't know, both towns are being threatened by out of control Forest Fires. Timmins is under a State of Emergency and the fire threatening it is only 30km away from the City's limits, which w/the winds the Fire Fighting crews are encounting, is making a tough job even tougher.

I know we've got to have members from both areas here at FSU. Even if they only lurk. For the moment, please know many are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Once things have calmed down, if there's anything any of us can do, even if it's just a shoulder to cry on here in the thread, let us know.

I just hope and pray none of the incredable people fighting these monsters are either hurt or killed.

Anyway...I just thought I'd start a thread for any FSUer's from around there to keep us up to date on things and just to let us know they're okay.

Reuven
05-27-2012, 11:32 PM
Not Canadian, but we are getting some of the smoke from the fires here in Portland, ME. I’ve heard Boston is getting it, too.
I hope any FSUers and other residents are safe!