PDA

View Full Version : Duets, Season 1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

my little pony
07-20-2012, 04:20 AM
jennifer and john singing for good made my year
now i just need to kidnap jennifer a la misery and get her to record something other than country music

Allskate
07-20-2012, 04:48 AM
jennifer and john singing for good made my year
now i just need to kidnap jennifer a la misery and get her to record something other than country music

:lol: I don't like Sugarland's music, but I do think Jennifer has a great voice and she's very likeable.

Aceon6
07-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Wonder if it'll come back next season?

Doubt it. The ratings were terrible.

BigB08822
07-20-2012, 07:22 PM
The ratings actually weren't terrible. It was always a solid 2nd place in total viewers. It did suffer in the 18-49 demo that is so key but it actually slightly improved once they went to live shows and then held steady.

You have to remember this is a summer show and those types of ratings are not as doom and gloom as they are for the shows that run in the fall.

I have no idea if it will come back for a 2nd season but if it doesn't, I don't think ratings will have been the key factor. It will probably be more about the fact the the format needs some major re-hauling and they would have to renegotiate with the Superstars or find new ones. There is a ton of ways the show could go and I think part of the reason that it suffered is because it has no real identity, IMO.

BigB08822
07-22-2012, 01:40 AM
Found this video of Kelly's best belts during the show. They are labeled and go up as the video goes along. I always love these kinds of videos from many artists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DVZaalS13k&feature=player_embedded

skatesindreams
07-22-2012, 06:33 PM
The show seemed like it was trying to "piggyback" on the success of "The Voice".
A poor imitation, IMO.

If it returns, they need another host!

BigB08822
07-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Yes, definitely a different host.

I also think they need to rework how the show is run. I don't like the first few eliminations being done by judges. If they need to start with a few taped shows then have each judge pick 4 contestants and have two weeks of eliminations where each judge is forced to narrow down their own contestants to 2. Then go to the live shows where America votes. It would be similar to a semifinal round, of sorts.

The other problem I have is giving solos such a big place in a show called Duets. When a contestant was up for elimination in the early rounds, they had to sing solo. What was the very last thing each contestant did before the last voting? They sang a solo. Why would the solo performance be THE last thing? That just gives the show an identity crisis.