PDA

View Full Version : Duets, Season 1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

my little pony
06-22-2012, 09:05 PM
my favorite is john glossen by far. i cant sit through the whole thing because too many contestants arent good and robin thicke is a smug tool.

BigB08822
06-22-2012, 09:08 PM
One thing I love about this show is that, yes, some of the contestants aren't very good but they are paired with exceptional professionals. I can enjoy every performance for the most part because of the celebrity partners (minus Robin Thicke, I can't stand his constant singing in falsetto or his douchebaggery)

BigB08822
06-29-2012, 01:33 AM
The show is live tonight. So far Jennifer has gone with her first partner (not J Rome) and Robin went with his partner. Robin's partner, Olivia, is just so incredibly weak. If she doesn't go home then it must be because someone else had a truly awful performance.

BigB08822
06-29-2012, 01:48 AM
Is Jennifer Nettles going to have to go last every week since she will be the only one with 2 contestants for another week or so? She keeps selecting J Rome to go last, I would be a little ticked if I was the other guy. She seems to really be saying who is her favorite...not that I blame her for her choice but I would be fair to them and alter who gets to go first and last.

dbell1
07-06-2012, 01:27 AM
And it's on. Am I the only one watching? :shuffle:

Thicke is now without a performer. I'm thrilled, less smarm on the show.

Can we vote off the host?

LuckyCharm
07-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Just tuning in in time to see Jen/Jon. What'd I miss?

BigB08822
07-06-2012, 02:24 AM
Great show. Jennifer Nettles and Kelly Clarkson better duet before the show is over. I will be so pissed if they never pair them up. Two women and two men can still do great duets, it doesn't have to always be a man/woman combo.

If you are voting for Jon or Jason, please pay close attention to their numbers. Jon went 3rd in the lineup but his number ends with 5004 and Jason went 4th but his number is the 5003. This will only affect phone voting but it was a really odd choice to do that. I am sure plenty of people will call the wrong number.

BigB08822
07-06-2012, 02:26 AM
Can we vote off the host?

He hasn't bothered me...until tonight. He was not very good at the live elimination, at all. They should just record that about an hour or so before the show and make it seem live then go live after they come back from break after the elimination. It was a little awkward. If they did record it a little before then shame on them for keeping it so weird. Ryan Seacrest really is good at what he does, even if he can be annoying.

LuckyCharm
07-13-2012, 01:11 AM
Show's starting. Does anyone still give a damn?

Stars sound great opening the show with The Temptations' "Get Ready." Love this song. Not sure of the reason for the awkward lyric changes.

ETA: Jason sent to safety and Bridget in bottom 2, joined by John. JRome safe.

Bridget gone. I'll actually miss her.

JRome doing "Breakeven." This song needs to be shot and buried in a mass grave with "Rolling In The Deep" and everything by Beyonce. He's magnificent though. He really can sing anything.

Jason doing "Me and Mrs. Jones." Love the suit. Decent performance. I have to give him credit for improving each week.

John doing "The Prayer." Another tune that deserves the firing squad. He does well though, hopefully well enough to stay.

Solo performances up next.

JRome: "Signed, Sealed, Delivered." Hot!
John: "God Bless the Broken Road." Beautiful.
Jason: "Runaway Baby." Awkward.

BigB08822
07-13-2012, 04:13 AM
I am so glad Jason is still in it and looking like he has a shot to make the final 2!

The format of this show is so awkward. I am not sure why solo performances are being voted on in a show called Duets.

I can't believe this is the final night of voting. That seems rather...sudden. I was hoping it would go to a Final 2 and then those performances would be what decides the winner.

I do think Jason could finish 2nd based on tonight. John was rather lackluster even though his solo was nice. Jason brought the house down and was really smart to chose a final song that didn't rely on vocals. I didn't find it awkward but maybe because I am used to his awkwardness now.

moebius
07-13-2012, 05:40 AM
Can't believe that Jason is still standing. He still pales in comparison to the other 2. Who has been voting for him??? He's not even that good looking or cute, just average. But I guess compared to the other 2, I guess he's considered the slightly more attractive of the 3. Is he the Nikki McKibbin of Duets? He better not win.

BigB08822
07-13-2012, 06:08 AM
He is not nearly that bad. His tone is my favorite of anyone on the show, he just has the most work to do. His potential is greater than anyone, vocally, IMO. I have been voting for him because I wanted to continue hearing Kelly sing every week. Plain and simple. So have MANY of her other fans. It is just another problem with the format of the show. Perhaps it would be a little more fair if the contestants alternated through the superstars?

BigB08822
07-20-2012, 12:36 AM
The finale is tonight. I am cheering on J Rome for the win but wouldn't be horribly upset if Jason won just because Kelly Clarkson is his mentor.

Starts in 30 minutes, anyone going to watch?

LuckyCharm
07-20-2012, 01:17 AM
I'm taking a break from obsessive Olympic speculation to watch. I wonder why the earlier eliminated people don't get to perform. Could they really not make time for that? On the AI finale, it's like every person who competed on the show ever gets to perform.

dbell1
07-20-2012, 04:07 AM
Not too shocked at J.Rome winning. He's had it in the bag since week one. :lol:

Wonder if it'll come back next season?