PDA

View Full Version : Duets, Season 1

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

LuckyCharm
06-01-2012, 01:10 AM
Week 2 is underway...

The theme is "Classic Duets."

John and Bridget up first, doing "I Knew You Were Waiting" by Aretha Franklin and George Michael.

rfisher
06-01-2012, 01:13 AM
Brian are you hyperventilating after that duet between Kelly and Robin?

LuckyCharm
06-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Bridget looks hot in her 80s retro outfit. I think this is a good song for her. She has a nice stage presence, and she and John have pretty good chemistry. Her voice reminds me of Toni Braxton.

Jennifer's vest is awesome. Very positive feedback from the judges (or whatever they are.) Robin flirting, not surprisingly.

LuckyCharm
06-01-2012, 01:30 AM
Kelly and Jordan to do "Misery" by Pink (f. Steven Tyler?)

Pretty good feedback. A few small criticisms of her vocal. John also advises her not to use her duet partner as a crutch.

She is ranked behind Bridget.

LuckyCharm
06-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Jennifer and John doing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." Sweet.

rfisher
06-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Jennifer really does have the top 2 singers so far. Both of them are really good.

LuckyCharm
06-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Jennifer really does have the top 2 singers so far. Both of them are really good.

You and I agree, and apparently we're the only ones watching. I hope this thread isn't reflective of the overall ratings of the show. I really think they should have put this on Monday. They could have snagged much of the DWTS/The Voice audience.

Jennifer is hilarious. So is Robin, actually. They both basically have no shame. Kelly and John are like the straight men in this group, but they're adorable.

rfisher
06-01-2012, 01:50 AM
You and I agree, and apparently we're the only ones watching. I hope this thread isn't reflective of the overall ratings of the show. I really think they should have put this on Monday. They could have snagged much of the DWTS/The Voice audience.

Yeah. They should have. The talent is really good and the concept is cool.

LuckyCharm
06-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Robin and Olivia doing "Where Is the Love" by Donny Hathaway and Robert Flack. She's never heard the song before. Robin waxes poetic
about Paula.

Olivia's vocal pleasant but a bit weak. Quite a few pitch issues, especially on the chorus. I love this song.

Pretty nice comments form the judges, but they seem to think the song choice was wrong. They rank her last anyway.

LuckyCharm
06-01-2012, 02:06 AM
For some reason, Johnny Gray quit the show and John had to find a new partner at the last minute.

rfisher
06-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Oddly, I couldn't find a reason why on a quick google search. He was really good. Too bad.

LuckyCharm
06-01-2012, 02:30 AM
^Very strange indeed.

Kelly and Jason singing "Whenever You Call" by Mariah Carey and Brian McKnight. Not sure why I'm still doing PBP. Old habits die hard.

rfisher
06-01-2012, 02:32 AM
Kelly's boy isn't going to last. Sorry, Kelly.

dbell1
06-01-2012, 02:36 AM
I'm here. :lol:

Didn't think John's new girl did that well. Surprised he didn't go with the guy.

Kelly picked wrong, both of her people aren't that strong.

Olivia can go home now.

LuckyCharm
06-01-2012, 02:39 AM
I'm here. :lol:

Didn't think John's new girl did that well. Surprised he didn't go with the guy.

Kelly picked wrong, both of her people aren't that strong.

Olivia can go home now.

Seems like Kelly's approach was different from the rest. Her partners are more diamonds in the rough, while the others picked folks that were pretty much ready for prime time.

I would have picked the guy for John as well. I wasn't crazy about their version of "Endless Love."

Jennifer and J Rome doing "The One That I Want," from Grease. Should be interesting...

ETA: It's either ridiculously awesome or awesomely ridiculous! I can't decide. The vocals are great in either case.