PDA

View Full Version : Man in custody for the Murder of Etan Patz

Pages : [1] 2

olympic
05-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Etan Patz, the first child to be on a milk carton, was murdered in May, 1979.

Does anyone remember him?

Police have a man in custody. This is one of the most infamous missing child cases I can remember.

Oops. Almost forgot the link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/24/etan-patz-disappearance-nypd-person-implicated_n_1541900.html

Cachoo
05-25-2012, 12:11 AM
I hope this case is finally solved and this guy isn't one of those sickos that confess though they did not commit the crime. I'm so sorry for the Patz family---they never left hoping he might return.

MINAM
05-25-2012, 01:14 AM
I truly hope they find the boy's body and give his family closure.

Twizzler
05-25-2012, 02:58 AM
The man has officially been charged. His name is Pedro Hernandez and he's a 51yr old husband and father. He claims that he lured Etan into a convenience store with the promise of a soda and then strangled him to death. The police must have some pretty solid evidence aside from the confession to officially charge the man. So sad for the parents. I hope they get some closure. Just so terrible.

manleywoman
05-25-2012, 03:00 AM
Why. Why just kill a kid for no reason?

olympic
05-25-2012, 03:34 AM
The man has officially been charged. His name is Pedro Hernandez and he's a 51yr old husband and father. He claims that he lured Etan into a convenience store with the promise of a soda and then strangled him to death. The police must have some pretty solid evidence aside from the confession to officially charge the man. So sad for the parents. I hope they get some closure. Just so terrible.

This is completely and horribly random. Strangling a child for the sake of strangling a child? The Psych eval on this one is going to be :yikes:

I saw a news report that mentioned Mr. & Mrs. Patz still live in the same apt. they lived in in 1979.

Also, hard to believe this young boy is around my age. He would be around 40 yrs old today.

Twizzler
05-25-2012, 03:44 AM
This is completely and horribly random. Strangling a child for the sake of strangling a child? The Psych eval on this one is going to be :yikes:

I saw a news report that mentioned Mr. & Mrs. Patz still live in the same apt. they lived in in 1979.

Also, hard to believe this young boy is around my age. He would be around 40 yrs old today.

It is horrific. I can't even begin to imagine. The article I read did mention that the parents still live in the same apartment and never changed their phone number in case Etan tried to call :(

So, so sad. I'm sure more details will be coming forward as well as statements from the parents.

Sad, too, is the accused was only 18 when he did this. What would possess him to kill such a young boy for what appears to be no reason. Heartbreaking.

Sasha'sSpins
05-25-2012, 03:47 AM
Etan Patz, the first child to be on a milk carton, was murdered in May, 1979.

Does anyone remember him?

Police have a man in custody. This is one of the most infamous missing child cases I can remember.

Oops. Almost forgot the link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/24/etan-patz-disappearance-nypd-person-implicated_n_1541900.html

I'm old enough to vaguely remember the first child on a milk carton-I just could not recall his name.

I hope this poor child's loved one's gain some peace. :(

It is horrific. I can't even begin to imagine. The article I read did mention that the parents still live in the same apartment and never changed their phone number in case Etan tried to call :(

So, so sad. I'm sure more details will be coming forward as well as statements from the parents.

Sad, too, is the accused was only 18 when he did this. What would possess him to kill such a young boy for what appears to be no reason. Heartbreaking.

:(

Unfortunately I am almost certain that little boy was more than just 'strangled' before his horrible death. May his murderer ROT.

Twizzler
05-25-2012, 03:58 AM
Unfortunately I am almost certain that little boy was more than just 'strangled' before his horrible death. May his murderer ROT.

Agreed :(

When the article stated that the confessed killer admited to strangling the boy and it didn't have any other details, I admit that I was hoping sexual abuse wasn't part of it. Sadly, you're probably right, though.

olympic
05-25-2012, 01:03 PM
^Was their a sexual assault involved in the poor boy's murder? Reading the article, I got the impression he was lured into the Bodega with promises of a soda and then just strangled.

Buzz
05-25-2012, 01:13 PM
From media reports all the police seems to have is his confession to them and perhaps family members. So I am gonna wait and see if they have any other evidence against him or if he is just a crackpot confessing to a famous crime for the sake getting attention.

Twizzler
05-25-2012, 01:52 PM
^Was their a sexual assault involved in the poor boy's murder? Reading the article, I got the impression he was lured into the Bodega with promises of a soda and then just strangled.

Nothing like that has come out officially- we were just speculating.

Cheylana
05-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Many sexual offenders who murder will not admit to the sexual assault part, especially if it can't otherwise be proven -- they may be in denial, or afraid of the repercussions (in jail or otherwise) if they admitted to that.

I also find it hard to believe this guy randomly killed a child in 1979, and never offended again. Yeah, right.

manleywoman
05-25-2012, 08:35 PM
I also find it hard to believe this guy randomly killed a child in 1979, and never offended again. Yeah, right.

It is hard to believe.

Twizzler
05-25-2012, 09:39 PM
The suspect has been hospitalized and is on suicide watch.